• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Three Days Grace...Emo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Three Days Grace is just a Christian band.
Where in Hell or Earth did you get that idea.

It's already been said that they are not at all an emo band. If you listen to the basis of just about any rock music lately, it deals with hate and sorrow. Pretty sucky, the theme of it, but it's still good music. Shinedown, one of my favorite bands, has pretty crybaby lyrics sometimes, but are far from emo.

Three Days Grace is in fact a Canadian alternative metal group.

And as far as looks go-- for some reason, a shitload of bands have this new look about them corresponding to "emo." Some are, some aren't. Really though, emo is a more ISLITMYWRISTSHOWABOUTYOU?! kind of thing. Most people are just scenists and want to look emo.

But yeah, they're Canadian Alternative Metal. So funny to think about it.

Tailing Ichigo, following his many exploits!
Website
z6.invisionfree.com
Three Days Grace is a secular band with Christian-inspired lyrics, I believe.

That should be about right. But i dont know about them being emo, like some of you have said. In a sense, they do appear to be emo, but they're not, they sing, like _Venom_ said, to the soul and heart.

But on the other hand... they may perhaps be slightly emo.Slightly...gah i dont know anymore, i just confused myself ><;

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
They're not a Christian band. They've been quizzed and questioned on this. They declared that they didn't get the name from where everyone thought they did. It has other meanings to them.

They're Canadian Alternative Metal. What Prod said.

... PRODIGY?!?! Where the Hell have you been?!

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
That does not change the fact that they are emo. . .when they sing about emo things, that makes them emo. They try to look emo, they try to sound emo. Anyone trying that hard to be emo is emo.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
That does not change the fact that they are emo. . .when they sing about emo things, that makes them emo. They try to look emo, they try to sound emo. Anyone trying that hard to be emo is emo.

Yet, the music genre they adhere sounds nothing like emo.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
They sound partually emo, they look emo, the lyrics are emo

look emo+mostly sound emo+sing emo= EMO. . .

Leave it at that. . .

Libra

Your Ending Theme
They sound partually emo, they look emo, the lyrics are emo

look emo+mostly sound emo+sing emo= EMO. . .

Leave it at that. . .

Since when was Post-Grunge considered Emo? Better yet, since when did anything punk/grunge sound emo? I can see why you say the lyrics are,but a lot of their other songs don't even have emo lyrics. Also, the singer isn't a tenor who whines.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
They are far from Emo. Then again, it doesn't help the fact that most of these kids somehow adhere to the "Commercial Emo" that goes around today. There's nothing really even Emo about that, because it was never Emo in the first place. It's commercialized filth.

Three Days Grace is not filth, and they are not Emo. End of story.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Exactly Lord of Chaos, they just play to the emotional strings if you will, they don't have songs of "going to cut myself", "lets all die",or "crimson suicide"
At most like i said their music is more understanding and plays to the heart.

and Dognezaka since when is ThreeDaysGrace a Christian band, hell they cuss in several of their songs take Riot for instance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back