• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Three Days Grace...Emo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty

No, I wouldn't call them Emo.

They're much more post-grudge than anything else.
Their recent music video certainly looks that way though; it's quite a bad one.

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
i agree about the music. i like it fine. its just that the lyrics, from what i enterperate, are very emo. Especialy on their newer album. but mabey its just me.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
Their music is emotional, but they are not an emo band. I agree with Mighty about them being post-grunge.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
They do consider themselves more of a Post-Grunge band actually. I just went and saw these guys the friday before this last one. They were very nice in concert. I wouldn't consider them Emo at all. The reason why their latest work seems "Emo" is because lead singer Adam wrote these songs as a self-reflection of the inner turmoil he suffered as of late. I admit, it does seem a bit Emo, but it's great inspiration for music.

franklin

ahahahahaha
this is too funny

all the real emo bands died off in the early 90s
three days grace=not an emo band
they dont even qualify under the new pansy emo genre

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
ok.ok. they arent emo. i get it. i was just curious to see if anyone thought so, but i guess not. ok. no problem. i guess now i revaluate my life then...JK. now i don't think they are emo anymore. in fact i think ill listen to them right now. XD

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
i would never call this band emo, they have always kinda seem'd
like a kinda hardxcore/punk band. i think just because they are
talking about pain..

gosh. i wish there was no such thing as emo.
now days. people call anything emo.

Strifentine

Awards
I'm not sure about them. It would explain why I love their music though (I've just discovered that I have some emo traits o_O). I would say that they are not emo though. I think that they just have good, thoughtful/insightful/emotional lyrics, but that doesn't necessarily make them emo. I agree with the others, Three Days Grace is probably "post grundge" if anything, not emo.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
i would never call this band emo, they have always kinda seem'd
like a kinda hardxcore/punk band. i think just because they are
talking about pain..

gosh. i wish there was no such thing as emo.
now days. people call anything emo.

They are post grunge, no where close to hardcore/punk.

The lyrics to the new song make him sound pretty emotional, but their other songs aren't even close to emo.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
ThreeDaysGrace rules, but no they are not emo. Like everyone's mentioned already they are more emotional and speak to the heart and soul. They absolutely kickass one of my favorite bands ^^

I like Pain the best, their music is more comforting and understanding than anything else....

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Emo.. .. they are 100% emo. . don't get me wrong I love the band but. . .not emo. . .you've gotta be kidding. . . . Have you ever listened to one of their songs. Like I said love 'em. . .and they're emo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back