• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This just in...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Been there, done that. Check out the Sedition Acts. One of them happened back around one of the World Wars. The other wasn't long after the colonies gained independence from Great Britain.
lmao Two a century or so apart hardly compares to now when they're trying to strip them in succession. It's a miracle internet controlling acts have been fought off so far for example.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Technology makes everything a lot faster and more efficient. Including shady government business.

I dont see a difference. Both ends are basically just as bad at this point.

Yeah, so then what's the point of even bothering with a French Revolution? You're basically replacing a corrupt regime with violence, hunger, and possibly and even worse ruler than before. A solution to a problem is supposed to make things better, not worse. Besides, which is more likely to indiscriminately slaughter people en masse: corrupt government, or total anarchy?

Like, are we trying to find a solution to the problem of corruption, or trying to find a way to destroy civilization faster?

Anagram

Banned
Technology makes everything a lot faster and more efficient. Including shady government business.

Yeah, so then what's the point of even bothering with a French Revolution? You're basically replacing a corrupt regime with violence, hunger, and possibly and even worse ruler than before. A solution to a problem is supposed to make things better, not worse. Besides, which is more likely to indiscriminately slaughter people en masse: corrupt government, or total anarchy?

Like, are we trying to find a solution to the problem of corruption, or trying to find a way to destroy civilization faster?

I think you need to reread that post. I said "french revolution level event". Meaning a change almost as big. Not that we NEED an actual revolution.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Meh. You scrape out the filth, and more will grow back in seconds. The biggest social upheaval will never permanently change people's weaknesses towards personal wealth at the expense of justice. :I

Anagram

Banned
Exactly which is why, like the world around, change at a consistent pace is the best way to at least slow down the issue. Something seen in the fact that usually it's the resistance to change that allows corrupt govs to stay rich or in power.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Exactly which is why, like the world around, change at a consistent pace is the best way to at least slow down the issue. Something seen in the fact that usually it's the resistance to change that allows corrupt govs to stay rich or in power.
*has sudden flashback to the 1920's history lecture that happened this afternoon*

Heh... true enough.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yeah no, you say that you're old but I seriously doubt that you're over 60.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
USA Rebels

keep this intel discuss trash out of my FI.

Anagram

Banned
Yeah no, you say that you're old but I seriously doubt that you're over 60.

shigekuni%5B2%5D.jpg

You doubt me child?

Anagram

Banned
He works at a school were he's taught though so yes, yes it does.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I find it funny how we always talk like it's common knowledge that politicians are corrupt bags of shit, and yet whenever something affirms this, we all get mad and upset anyways.

Great comment. I believe those people get mad or upset because their assumptions or jokes about said politicians turn true. And they never want to hear that. Who would, right? When their corruption causes you life issues, it can easily cause you to be aggressive.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Honestly, the only way to rid the system of corrupt politicians is through education. And it's a matter of a slow "revolution", so to speak. Look at Finland and Japan. Corruption is veeery intolerable. And they're countries with a high class of education.

The only "true" revolution in my eyes is a society functional, and self-sufficient enough to act without the need of government. Like BlackOsprey said: what's the use of throwing up a gov't, if there's going to be chaos with anarchy, or another pack of slimes taking over? That's what an educated society is for: to function without a gov't, or to properly transition from one governing body, to another.

Granted, this all sounds like an utopia, but are that things humanity has never gone through.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
*has sudden flashback to the 1920's history lecture that happened this afternoon*

Heh... true enough.

Well, duh, because believe it or not "civilization" seems to more or less repeat the errors made in the 1920's only this time it is on an even bigger scale due to globalization and gets more obvious due to technological advances. ;)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, duh, because believe it or not "civilization" seems to more or less repeat the errors made in the 1920's only this time it is on an even bigger scale due to globalization and gets more obvious due to technological advances. ;)
Which specific errors would you say that they're repeating? The 20's biggest problem at the time was all the crony capitalism that was running rampant, as well as the frantic consumerism culture that it encouraged. Those sorts of factors lead to huge scandals like the Teapot Dome that happened right under unwitting presidents' noses, and set up the economy of an unstable credit bubble that burst with the Great Depression. So, what are some present counterparts to those past issues?

Anagram

Banned
Honestly, the only way to rid the system of corrupt politicians is through education. And it's a matter of a slow "revolution", so to speak. Look at Finland and Japan. Corruption is veeery intolerable. And they're countries with a high class of education.

The only "true" revolution in my eyes is a society functional, and self-sufficient enough to act without the need of government. Like BlackOsprey said: what's the use of throwing up a gov't, if there's going to be chaos with anarchy, or another pack of slimes taking over? That's what an educated society is for: to function without a gov't, or to properly transition from one governing body, to another.

Granted, this all sounds like an utopia, but are that things humanity has never gone through.
It's ironic you mention this. It's most definitely it's true it's just ironic when ya see things that basically reaffirm America's school system hasn't been up to date since the 60s.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's ironic you mention this. It's most definitely it's true it's just ironic when ya see things that basically reaffirm America's school system hasn't been up to date since the 60s.
Then I think we've just found a major source of our problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back