• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World That Never Was...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelnyn

Website
rabidfangirlofdoom.deviantart.com
I've been wondering for a while; we all know that Organization XIII lived in the castle in TWTNW...and then there's this big honking city, that, aside from Heartless and lesser Nobodies, appears to be empty. What I've been wondering is, are the members of the Organization the only ones that live in this particular realm between light and darkness? After all, Twilight Town rests between light and darkness, and it obviously has a great multitude of people, normal human beings, save for the Nobodies that are born there.

Why wouldn't there be other people there? I mean, I know we saw no-one except the Organization there...perhaps there were no random NPCs because the developers felt it would be distracting from the final moments of the game? And, not to mention it's pretty ridiculous to have such a massive city and so many obviously-functioning buildings and only have fourteen people inhabit it. If you have Sora stand on the threshold to the castle, you can see that, across that canyon thing, Dark City seems to go on forever. It's ENORMOUS.

If there are other people there, what do you think their role would be? It's my understanding that TWTNW is closer to the darkness than Twilight Town is, so maybe these people are darker than the people in Twilight Town.

Another thing I wonder about; would the Organization have any interaction with them at all? Maybe for some reason a few of them (or, heck, all of them) were protectors of that world, too? I don't know why that would be; maybe a selfish whim of Xemnas to gain more followers in his quest for world domination. I think that, with people there, it opens up a lot of opportunities for more stories. I really hope that this could be explained in 358/2 Days.

I need a good discussion...ideas, anyone? I'm really curious to hear what other people think of this.

Also, I'm really sorry if this topic has been brought up before; I've never seen it before...

tl;dr:
Do you think there are other people in The World That Never Was aside from the Nobodies in Organization XIII?

P.S.
Please don't quote the entire first post.

A

Audo

Eh. Sometimes I get the feeling that the Organization were the ones who created that world. Which is why it isn't a "real" world per se. "The World That Never Was". If so, that could explain why no one else is there besides them. But I guess we can't say for sure.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
It's an interesting idea, but I don't think anyone but the Organization lived there. My main reason for believing this is Pete's remark to Maleficent about the Heartless, and how it would be hard to control them because TWTNW was so close to darkness. It just wouldn't be a very habitable place to live with Heartless crawling everywhere. I would think that only Nobodies would be safe living there because they don't have hearts.

Didn't Xemnas say he wanted to build a whole new world for Nobodies to Ansem the Wise? Maybe this is what he was talking about. I don't know how, but perhaps he built the place himself.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Eh. Sometimes I get the feeling that the Organization were the ones who created that world. Which is why it isn't a "real" world per se. "The World That Never Was". If so, that could explain why no one else is there besides them. But I guess we can't say for sure.

I agree, I always thought that when Xemnas was born, he created TWTNW so he could form an Organization. Guess that's why it's a world for Nobodies[and Heartless, mabye they're there so they can get hearts easier :p I dunno].

Zesty

The Darkness Flame
Inside the Darkness, just under the light
Website
www.myspace.com
Probably not, if you noticed the Heartless. They would have probably turn them by that point because we can assume that it was at least there when Roxas joined (probably at same point during the End of the World), so thats a good year.
Also, if there had been people there, wouldn't the Organization have used the Heartless (as Saix did in Hallow Bastion when he tried to get Sora to use the Keyblade) to turn the people into Nobodies for Sora to kill (or even Roxas during that year) as they were after the hearts to begin with?

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Probably not, if you noticed the Heartless. They would have probably turn them by that point because we can assume that it was at least there when Roxas joined (probably at same point during the End of the World), so thats a good year.

I actually left that part out and was gonna edit it, but thanks for pointing it out.

Xelnyn

Website
Really? I think I remember reading something to the contrary; some interview with some developer or director, that the Nobodies discovered TWTNW...(of course this is an extremely vague recollection and it's entirely possible that I'm just unconciously making it up based on my own theories) either discovered it or just moved there after they showed up in Twilight Town.

Edit#2: Oh, right. How in the world did I forget...the Heartless. I knew all the Heartless were there, but, in all honesty, I completely forgot that it wouldn't be safe at all for a normal human to be there. So with the Heartless there, it definitely reduces the possibility.

But you must remember that there were normal people like Riku (and the Disney villains) that had a considerable amount of command over the Heartless, so maybe such people could live there.

Last edited:

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
Maybe the Organization created the city to make them feel like real people. You know, like they have their own society and have a huge city to go with it. Just to make them happy. :)

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Really? I think I remember reading something to the contrary; some interview with some developer or director, that the Nobodies discovered TWTNW...(of course this is an extremely vague recollection and it's entirely possible that I'm just unconciously making it up based on my own theories) either discovered it or just moved there after they showed up in Twilight Town.

Discovered? I've been hearing that, but I dunno if it's real or not either. Who knows. I want to find out in the upcoming games.

Zesty

The Darkness Flame
Inside the Darkness, just under the light
Website
www.myspace.com
But you must remember that there were normal people like Riku (and the Disney villains) that had a considerable amount of command over the Heartless, so maybe such people could live there.
And look how they turned out. Riku was taken over by Ansem, Maleficent was toast as the rest of the villains. The heartless ally themselves with whose ever strongest, so why would the Organization allow someone that powerful to be anywhere near their front door?

A

Audo

No, they discovered Castle Oblivion. It has never been said how TWTNW came to be.

bspat13

Although never confirmed, it can be inferred from Xemnas speeches that The World that Never Was is not an actual world, but an artificial world created by the Organization to use as a home for Nobodies. That being said, The World that Never Was would have no true heart as other worlds do, and would therefore be a Nobody itself. It may be the Nobody of the End of the World, which is a Heartless world.
This hypothesis seems to support itself through several of the structures within the world. Memory's Skyscraper, for example, appears to use the memories of others and display them on the massive television screen on its front. The world may use this in place of a heart to keep on living, the same way that Nobodies use memories of emotions to retain their sense of self, rather than a heart.
from Wiki
that seems pretty plausible to me

A

Audo

Yeah. Except for the fact that "The End of the World" is supposed to be seen as a Nobody of a world. As said by Nomura.

Xelnyn

Website
And look how they turned out. Riku was taken over by Ansem, Maleficent was toast as the rest of the villains. The heartless ally themselves with whose ever strongest, so why would the Organization allow someone that powerful to be anywhere near their front door?

Yeah, true. I admit I forgot about that, as well. (Hahaha, maybe I should actually start checking my sources and try remembering everything possible before I start a discussion like this, eh?)

"Audo: No, they discovered Castle Oblivion. It has never been said how TWTNW came to be."
Ah, okay. I had the feeling I was probably making it up. I knew they had discovered Castle Oblivion, so I assumed it could have been the same for TWTNW.

la kias

Website
www.youtube.com
i always thought that the organisation formed twtnw and were creating a kingdom hearts for it, whilst aiming to regain their own hearts in the process. the buildings are for when they manage to get their hearts back, as these include the lesser nobodies also.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
It doesn't matter if TWNTW was made by Xemnas and co. or not. Either way, if people had inhabited it, any that were there have long since gone away- probably by way of a date with a Heartless and being so close to the darkness.

Twilight Town and TWTNW can't really be compared, because Twilight Town isn't close to the darkness- more like they're closer to the side of the Light Realm, as opposed to TWTNW, which is closer to the side of the Dark Realm. Because of this, TWNTW isn't habitable, unlike Twilight Town. And it's not as though the Organization was immune to the darkness, either. They wore the cloaks to protect themselves from the darkness, so perhaps it wasn't best for them to be living there, either.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm pretty sure, like, only Nobodies and Heartless can live there/would want to live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back