• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You | It's A Wonderful World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Silver Member
Re: The World Ends With You | It's A Wonderful Life

I'll buy it once I find a deal for 30. I just purchased Jump Super stars on ebay for 24 :/ and I want ultimate stars and this. So Ima wait awhilesss.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards

Pin List - The World Ends With You

Be sure to consult this, Neo, becuase chances are some of the Pins you're mastering can actually Evolve into more powerful Pins, you're just not lvling them up with the right type of EXP =P lol

Yeah I already failed miserably with one of my early favorites ;-; the ice one you get near the beginning. Blarg, epic failed on that one. I'm being moar cautious now with ones that I like D:

Lolz, Also, Sham, I tried Mingling the other day when I forced my sister to open the gate while she was playing Animal crossing. Civvies give 20 PP each, so that's cool o,O I dunno what "aliens" consist of.

Last edited:

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

i played this game today, finished all 7 days and stopped
so far so good, it's not a super amazing game
but it's very fun to play it
i'll continue tomorrow...

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I'm definitely planning on getting this game once I have sufficient funds to do so. Though, is the learning curve very steep? I'll still probably get it regardless, but the dual screen gameplay seems like it would take some getting used to.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

it can be difficult at first but it gets easier later, there are alot of pins to use and they all have different way of being activated

V

V.A.T.13

http://i26.tinypic.com/16235gg.jpg

Don't click if you haven't beaten the game
I wish that version was unlockable, cause I want to play with her. D:

Oh yea.
I. HATE. TIN. PIN. SLAMMER.

In Another Day you HAVE to play it. ;___;

Anyone get Shiki brave enough to wear those purple bra and panties? XD
I managed to get Josh to wear these girly earings.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

One save slot. Game sucks yo.

I hope you burn.

This game doesn't need multiple saves slots. You'll see why after you beat the game.

I'm definitely planning on getting this game once I have sufficient funds to do so. Though, is the learning curve very steep? I'll still probably get it regardless, but the dual screen gameplay seems like it would take some
getting used to.

Actually, you get the jist of it fairly quickly. And contrary to what some of these others are saying, it's not all button mashing and stylus scribbling. You can get through the game like that, but you don't have too. In the context of pins, each one requires a different stylus movement. to shoot bullets, you slash Neku with the stylus in whatever direction you want to shoot. To create a fire trail, you drag the stylus along the screen. Basically, pins require specific motions in order to activate certain pin abilities.

But a lot of the pins share the same motion, or use a simular one, which, depending on your order of pins, may block you from performing a specific action. For example, one time I had a pin where I had to draw a circle to drop a meteor in my number one slot, and a pin that creates a fire trail when dragging the stylus in my number three slot. Whenever I attempted to create a fire trail, I'd get the red line left behind in order to aid in creating the circle for the meteor attack. If you have two attacks that have simular or the same movements, the game will automatically use whatever pin you have equipped closest to the number one slot. Probably something you might want to think about when putting together your pin deck.

As for the button commands, well, it might not be a good idea to mash them all the time. the button commands are the keys to using the Fusion attack, a sort of a combo attack. If you seek to raise your FP, which when raised to a certain amount will activate the fusion combo, you'd need to follow the specific combo chain to match, pair up, or select the card needed in order to gain that FP.

There is also the light puck, which gets passed from screen to screen when ever a character completes a successful combo. Whoever has the puck can inflict more damage with their attacks than normal, and everytime the puck gets past, that ammount increases a little. Keeping the combos comming is essential to finishing enemies quickly.

Plus theres a lot more to the fights, such as being able to adjust your level to increase drop rate, adjustable difficulty, changing brands to get the powerup of that area, chain battles, etc. Basically, theres a lot of stuff relating to the battle system here.

Well, long story short, The curve is as steep as your gaming style requires it to be. If you are more likely to fight technically and build up a stratagy, then yeah, it can be pretty steep. But if you're a button masher, then the steepness is considerably lower.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

i played this game today, finished all 7 days and stopped
so far so good, it's not a super amazing game
but it's very fun to play it
i'll continue tomorrow...

You've barely scratched the surface.

Oh yea.
I. HATE. TIN. PIN. SLAMMER.

In Another Day you HAVE to play it. ;___;

Ugh, I know v_v it took me like 20 tries to beat Ramen-Dude and Nomura-Fag, I just kept Meteor-ing all game to slowly get 1 PP, and made sure all y pins had like 3 Fingers to save my ass from dying

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards

Ugh, I know v_v it took me like 20 tries to beat Ramen-Dude and Nomura-Fag, I just kept Meteor-ing all game to slowly get 1 PP, and made sure all y pins had like 3 Fingers to save my ass from dying

o,O i hope it doesn't get harder. As is I'm fine with turning into spiky ball and punting off the edge. Worked well during the "tournament" in week 2 O,o

V

V.A.T.13

Took me twice to beat Nomu, but that was because I got lucky.
For the multiple pin challenges, I just try to stay out of the fight and they usually all end up killing each other.

I think that solid gold pin has 4 fingers. I keep using the hammer alot. Did you beat (highlight the white text)
Joshua's twin/alter-self yet in the chain battles? If so, tell me what happens.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou

I just rented the game (I love blockbuster for having DS games to rent now!) but I'm breezing through the days, so I'm alittle worried that its too short (the main story anyway). I feel alittle more realxed reading Muffin's post, but how long is it? It's a pretty fun game but I usually keep Shiki on auto-play, its kinda a bother for me to play as her as well. Besides, makes it more challenging to have the what I call Limit Break come up randomly. The cutscenes are jaw-dropping amazing along with presentation and some hilarious momments that lighten up the mood when my friends were mad cause of the NFL Draft today.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

The game is about 3x longer than you really think it is right now. Get to Day 7 and you'll see.

Beating the game took me about 30 hours to get through the main story, and I think the extra content, collecting, etc. will probably last me another 10-20 hours

Press L+R on the save screen to see your total play time.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!

Beating the game took me about 30 hours to get through the main story, and I think the extra content, collecting, etc. will probably last me another 10-20 hours
i hate you... i thought it only takes 10 hours to beat... i have exams...

i only control neku and ignore my partner (auto play), but sometimes my partner screws up
so is it a MUST to control my partner also? it's very hard to control two characters on different screens
either the game is hard to control or i suck

Josh

Silver Member

Muffin where do you find all this character artwork? I would like one of Konishi :3

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

The gameplay is one of the best things about the game, there isn't a game out there like it

Also Mysterious, at the early stages of the game you can just mash Left or Right based on where the enemies are and be perfectly fine, you're better off doing that then having the AI on Auto-Play.

Over time you get used to dividing your attention between the screens and you learn how to get your Fusions down and get Puck Rally's for extra damage.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

I really want this game -_- though i dont have the money right now :(....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back