• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Verge: Nomura's confusion, relating to villains, dealing with expectations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
Re: The Verge: Nomura's confusion, relating to villains, dealing with expectations

Tbh I feel this is less about him losing FF15 and more just the fact that he might have lost creative control and therefore affinity over Sora and the (lack of) direction of his character. I mean it's obvious powers above him have dictated Sora needs to the happy-go-lucky eternally innocent and overly positive i.e marketable archetype, and who could blame a writer for the resentment of his stolen beloved character that he's not allowed to change as much as he might wish? I don't think you need to be necessarily depressed to have this reaction.

Though I know KH3 is leaning towards Sora changing (which is insanely past due at this point), I'm not so sure it means he'll mature or even have good development with a natural depth progression, if the trailers we've seen so far are anything to go by.

Edit: someone beat me a page ago

People here are overreacting. All this "Nomura is depressed" stuff is making me roll my eyes. He simply just doesn't relate to Sora. Nothing wrong with that. Sora is the definition of bland, nice and sunshines. As crazy as Xehanort's ideals and logic might seem, they have a sense of realism to it that Nomura relates to. You don't always have to relate to the heroes. That would be boring so I can understand where Nomura is coming from because I don't relate to Sora at all either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back