• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The True Nature of the Keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoryu

As we all know, VAT's keyblades have no keychains. I believe that keychains are just modifiers to the keyblade, enhancing its abilities, and that ones without keychains are showing their true form. Now, in the mostly concept/symbolic first BBS video, Terra picks up the KK, Ven picks up the WttD, and Aqua picks up the IKK. I think this symbolizes that the keyblades that they pick up are the same keyblades that we've seen VAT using, but with keychains.

In a video that none of us are able to see, there is an all-black keyblade. It is most likely NOT the keyblade ven is holding in the scan where he’s casting thunder, like so many think. That’s just the lighting from the lightning. Anyway, maybe this all-black keyblade is MX or DS’s keyblade without a keychain?

When MX froze Ven and tossed him off of a cliff, Ven’s keyblade breaks (I’m going to say that at least Ven’s keyblade breaking is canon). Now according to my theory, Ven’s keyblade is the WttD. We’ve don’t know how keyblades are made, so maybe Riku somehow used the Soul Eater to channel the essence of Ven’s keyblade to recreate it, then use a keychain to change it into the WttD.

Well, that’s my theory. Feel free to give constructive criticism.

A

Anima Relic

First, I'd like to say WTF, Second, Terra's "Lingering Sentiment" still had the keyblade that Terra is seen using in the second secret ending and in the scans of BBS while Sora still has KK. It's more probable that keyblades without keychains are artificial, MX and DS BOTH have keychains on their keyblades, while VAT do not.

A

Anima Relic

^So you are saying that the "Heart Unlocker" was the original keyblade considering it was incomplete and did not have a keychain?

Tristan

I know this is kingd random, but did you know that Riku Was the original Chosen Keyblade Master, but when he took the Dark side, in KH1, the keyblade went to Sora, instead, so sora was like the second choice, its true, its in the Kingdom Hearts 1 Booklet that comes with the game. look under Rikus Character Descritption. =]

Faris

Perfect Harmony
AR you can't really say anything is more probable at this stage.

its an alright theory. i mean it's believable but we don't even really know what a keyblade is.

actually what is a keyblade?

Dragoryu

^It's true.

Second, Terra's "Lingering Sentiment" still had the keyblade that Terra is seen using in the second secret ending and in the scans of BBS while Sora still has KK.

We're not even sure if that battle's even canon, or if that's the same keyblade or just some sort of representation of it.
It's more probable that keyblades without keychains are artificial,
How so?
MX and DS BOTH have keychains on their keyblades, while VAT do not.
.....Your point?
So you are saying that the "Heart Unlocker" was the original keyblade considering it was incomplete and did not have a keychain?
Well, it was artificial, but according to this theory, the keychain is a modifier. Since the Heart unlocker had just been created, it had no modifier, hence no keychain.

Ienzo_VI

I'm not sure if the the keyblades without keychains show its true form because in the BBS trailer, all of the keyblades in the ground are missing their keychains but some look exactly like the ones from KH2 with their keychains, but I like your idea.

Dragoryu

^Concept video. Notice how the keyblades are gone for the second video.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
As we all know, VAT's keyblades have no keychains. I believe that keychains are just modifiers to the keyblade, enhancing its abilities, and that ones without keychains are showing their true form.

Possible... Or they could be artifical or a prototype of the current keyblade...

Now, in the mostly concept/symbolic first BBS video, Terra picks up the KK, Ven picks up the WttD, and Aqua picks up the IKK. I think this symbolizes that the keyblades that they pick up are the same keyblades that we've seen VAT using, but with keychains.

Except the WtD was created by Riku and since no heartless exsisted during BBS, I doubt it...
Plus, Terra still had his keyblade and Aqua's keyblade was with her armor in KH2...

In a video that none of us are able to see, there is an all-black keyblade. It is most likely NOT the keyblade ven is holding in the scan where he’s casting thunder, like so many think. That’s just the lighting from the lightning. Anyway, maybe this all-black keyblade is MX or DS’s keyblade without a keychain?

Refresh my memory... Which all black keyblade...? If it is the one with a bull (or a goat, as some believe) on the hilt and the blade itself looks like a two headed axe with the middle cut out, then it is MX's keyblade and it does have a keychain...
If it isn't that one, could you show me a picture...?

When MX froze Ven and tossed him off of a cliff, Ven’s keyblade breaks (I’m going to say that at least Ven’s keyblade breaking is canon). Now according to my theory, Ven’s keyblade is the WttD.

Read first reply...

We’ve don’t know how keyblades are made, so maybe Riku somehow used the Soul Eater to channel the essence of Ven’s keyblade to recreate it, then use a keychain to change it into the WttD.

Except, the Soul Eater looks a lot like MX's and the DS' keyblades... If the two of them were to fuse together to form Xehanort, then the Soul Eater/WtD could very easily be the keyblades of MX and the DS...

explosion

idk much about kh, since i only started playing 2 on saturday, but keychains, according to your info, are just attachments that boost the keyblade, but i have a question for all of you, why is it that the key, is also a blade?

Dragoryu

Possible... Or they could be artifical or a prototype of the current keyblade...
True.

Except the WtD was created by Riku and since no heartless exsisted during BBS, I doubt it...
Plus, Terra still had his keyblade and Aqua's keyblade was with her armor in KH2...
Oh yeah, forgot about Aqua...
I'm not saying Riku didn't. I think he recreated Ven's blade and used a keychain on it, creating the WttD.
Don't really see what the heartless have to do with it.

Refresh my memory... Which all black keyblade...?
Apparently it was in one of the closed theater videos.

Except, the Soul Eater looks a lot like MX's and the DS' keyblades... If the two of them were to fuse together to form Xehanort, then the Soul Eater/WtD could very easily be the keyblades of MX and the DS...
Don't see the resemblance with MX's, but the DS's is definately a possibility.

A

Anima Relic

We're not even sure if that battle's even canon, or if that's the same keyblade or just some sort of representation of it.
Even if the fight wasn't canon, the keyblade sure was, it's the exact same keyblade as the one terra uses, it doesn't have a keychain either.

It's more probable that keyblades without keychains are artificial because

1. The first artificial keyblade we actually know of was the "Heart Unlocker", it had no keychain

2.It was easily destroyed because it was "incomplete"

3. In the second secret ending, Ven's keyblade became broken after being frozen and thrown off the cliff, his keyblade has no keychain

4.Sora's KK has never broke or chipped. Even after all of those fights. Plus, it has a keychain.

5. VAT are APPRENTICES, and neither of them has keychians on their keyblades.

6. MX is a master of the keyblade, he has a keychain on his keyblade.

7.Even though people THINK DS is MX's apprentice, this was never confirmed, so this doesn't break my previous point about apprentices, and DS has a keychain on his keyblade.

Well, it was artificial, but according to this theory, the keychain is a modifier. Since the Heart unlocker had just been created, it had no modifier, hence no keychain.
[/QUOTE]

BBS is ten years before KH1, so artificial keyblades could have existed even before Heart Unlocker was made.

According to this theory, if the keychain was a modifier, then how come VAT didn't have them on their keyblades, while Mickey has a keychain on STARSEEKER, which is supposedly a beginner's keyblade. Mickey is most likely in an apprenticeship hisself, and yet he does not have an artificial keyblade, since Sora uses Star Seeker 11 years later and it still has the KEYCHAIN. The Heart Unlocker's job was to unlock the keyhole at hollow bastion and unlock Kairi's heart, so how would the keychain, according to the theory "modifiy" it's job any further?

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
maybe it's referring to the special abilities? like more magic, longer form time, higher strength, etc.

(No position, just offering my ideas)

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I don't know what to think anymore... My brain is being overloaded with thoughts... But i reckon it was probably symbolizing something, but it... wait... like someone said before, what if the Keyblade and Ven's heart were connected? But his body, outer shell if you will, didnt break... That would mean a Nobody, wouldn't it?

Vivi -Rebirth-

Even if the fight wasn't canon, the keyblade sure was, it's the exact same keyblade as the one terra uses, it doesn't have a keychain either.

It's more probable that keyblades without keychains are artificial because

1. The first artificial keyblade we actually know of was the "Heart Unlocker", it had no keychain

2.It was easily destroyed because it was "incomplete"

3. In the second secret ending, Ven's keyblade became broken after being frozen and thrown off the cliff, his keyblade has no keychain

4.Sora's KK has never broke or chipped. Even after all of those fights. Plus, it has a keychain.

5. VAT are APPRENTICES, and neither of them has keychians on their keyblades.

6. MX is a master of the keyblade, he has a keychain on his keyblade.

7.Even though people THINK DS is MX's apprentice, this was never confirmed, so this doesn't break my previous point about apprentices, and DS has a keychain on his keyblade.

BBS is ten years before KH1, so artificial keyblades could have existed even before Heart Unlocker was made.

According to this theory, if the keychain was a modifier, then how come VAT didn't have them on their keyblades, while Mickey has a keychain on STARSEEKER, which is supposedly a beginner's keyblade. Mickey is most likely in an apprenticeship hisself, and yet he does not have an artificial keyblade, since Sora uses Star Seeker 11 years later and it still has the KEYCHAIN. The Heart Unlocker's job was to unlock the keyhole at hollow bastion and unlock Kairi's heart, so how would the keychain, according to the theory "modifiy" it's job any further?

I agree with everything you just said. =D It's the Keyblades without Keychains that are artificial. But what would happen if Sora removed the Kingdom Key Keychain off his Keyblade and didn't put another Keychain on and didn't place the KK Keychain back on? Just curious.

Xziled

this will not end well
Website
xziled.zoints.com
I agree with everything you just said. =D It's the Keyblades without Keychains that are artificial. But what would happen if Sora removed the Kingdom Key Keychain off his Keyblade and didn't put another Keychain on and didn't place the KK Keychain back on? Just curious.

see this also proves that VATs keyblades might not be artificial just dont have a keychain but i havent seen the keyblades that well to tell if you could really put a keychain on it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back