• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► The Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Re: The Spectacular Spider-Man

There is an old thread on this already

http://forums.khinsider.com/media-discussion/104780-spectacular-spider-man-animated-series.html

The show was pretty decent. It's too bad that most Marvel series are canned after the first or second season these days. Do I think it was the best Spider-Man animated series? No. I still think the '90s animated Spider-Man still holds that title.

The new Ultimate Spider-Man that is supposed to come out (next year?) sounds almost exactly like the Spectacular Spider-Man honestly. Or rather, Spectacular Spider-Man was almost like the Ultimate Spider-Man continuity. So I guess it will be interesting to see where they go with that series. I do wish they didn't cancel the Spectacular though.

I searched for and couldn't find the old one -_-

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
The Spectacular Spider-Man's Past and Future - IGN

Bumping this thread. I know the link is old (obviously) but I didn't see it anywhere in this thread, and reading that interview just provided me with so much insight as to what Weisman planned to do with this series. The man was really passionate about the material he was working with, and though I'm (mostly) over the fact that the show was cancelled and there will be a new series coming soon, I am sorely disappointed that those plans will never come to fruition. His intention to have some direct-to-DVD releases for some more mature material later in the series lifetime sounded extremely promising.

Anyways, I understand that as I'm extremely late to even hearing about this series (just heard of it like a week ago...no idea how this flew under my radar), I may be alone in wanting to discuss this long-canned show. But as I just finished watching the second, and final, season, the love I had for Spider-Man growing up has just been rekindled in a huge way (not really sure at what point me favoring Wolverine became so slanted....me thinks Spidey 3 left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth), and the wall-crawler is, once again, my favorite hero (Wolverine's a close second). Actually, I've been really inspired as of late to really pick up comic books, and I'd love to start from the beginning with certain franchises, but I have no idea of where to start. Any idea how I can start reading Ultimate Spider-Man from the beginning, for example?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
reading that interview just provided me with so much insight as to what Weisman planned to do with this series. The man was really passionate about the material he was working with, and though I'm (mostly) over the fact that the show was cancelled and there will be a new series coming soon, I am sorely disappointed that those plans will never come to fruition. His intention to have some direct-to-DVD releases for some more mature material later in the series lifetime sounded extremely promising.
Well, Greg Weisman's gainfully employed elsewhere now and probably working with a better budget. You are already watching Young Justice, I assume. On top of developing the cartoon series, he's also writing the comic book tie-in which is pretty good judging from the issues I've read.

Actually, I've been really inspired as of late to really pick up comic books, and I'd love to start from the beginning with certain franchises, but I have no idea of where to start.
True beginnings are impossible. Within superhero comics you have runs. But you know where to take your questions for this sort of thing.

Any idea how I can start reading Ultimate Spider-Man from the beginning, for example?
Well, with volume 1 or issue 1. That's simple enough.

Digital Comics - Ultimate Spider-Man - Graphicly
Trade Paperbacks - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ultimate+spider-man&x=0&y=0
- List of Ultimate Spider-Man story arcs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: Just found there is an Ultimate Collection which is a thicker and newer printing. Only three volumes released so far, though:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Spid...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1312178440&sr=1-1
2. http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Spider-Man-Collection-Vol/dp/0785128867/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b
3. http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Spider-Man-Collection-Vol/dp/0785149198/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Well, Greg Weisman's gainfully employed elsewhere now and probably working with a better budget. You are already watching Young Justice, I assume. On top of developing the cartoon series, he's also writing the comic book tie-in which is pretty good judging from the issues I've read.

True beginnings are impossible. Within superhero comics you have runs. But you know where to take your questions for this sort of thing.

Well, with volume 1 or issue 1. That's simple enough.

Digital Comics - Ultimate Spider-Man - Graphicly
Trade Paperbacks - Amazon.com: ultimate spider-man
- List of Ultimate Spider-Man story arcs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: Just found there is an Ultimate Collection which is a thicker and newer printing. Only three volumes released so far, though:
1. Amazon.com: Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 1 (9780785124924): Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Bagley: Books
2. Amazon.com: Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 2 (9780785128861): Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Bagley: Books
3. Amazon.com: Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 3 (9780785149194): Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Bagley: Books

I'm going to order those tomorrow morning!! Thank you. Slightly off topic, but where could I find the Young Justice comic tie-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back