• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► The Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sassysis10

I really liked the spider-man show from the 90's it was like my favorite show when I was a kid. I even had a cartoon maker game for it on the PC. Never have watched this new one though. I'll have to check it if I can find it.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I really liked the spider-man show from the 90's it was like my favorite show when I was a kid. I even had a cartoon maker game for it on the PC. Never have watched this new one though. I'll have to check it if I can find it.

Well it shouldn't be that hard to find, I posted a link to the complete second season right above your post and I'm sure you can find the first season online too.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I was born in 92, but I always liked spiderman either from the comics, cards, and that show

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I liked the 90s version, but this one is pretty good also. Not only that, it incorporates a lot of the characters from the comic that were not in the 90s animated series. It takes a different path to show the same story. I like it. Sure as hell beats that stupid MTV one.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I was born in 92, but I always liked spiderman either from the comics, cards, and that show
Right, and the 90's series aired from '94 to '98. That puts you at 6 years old at the completion of the series.
The age demographic you criticise Spectacular Spider-Man for being aimed at.

Anyways, from what I saw the series was enjoyable. But my current broadband plan prevents from downloading or watching online and there's no local DVD release, so I have to be patient.

Last edited:

sassysis10

It bothered me that they didn't make Gwen Stacy his first girlfriend. They just went straight to Mary Jane.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
It bothered me that they didn't make Gwen Stacy his first girlfriend. They just went straight to Mary Jane.

Was Gwen even in the 90s series? I don't remember her ever being in it. That's one thing I like about this one. It has her in it as one of the main characters. Much more so than Mary Jane.

sassysis10

I don't think they did have Gwen in it unless it was that girl who was Mary Jane's friend best friend but I can't remember her name. I have a big encyclopedia on all the Spider-Man characters that my brother has so that's how I knew about Gwen. It comes in handy.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Yeah, my question is: This being a show geared towards a younger audience, how are they going to get rid of Gwen? If they ever get up to that point. :/

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
But a death none the less. It's rare for these type of shows, especially kid shows, to kill of their main characters.

sassysis10

It was kinda lame in the 90's version that we thought Green Goblin had died but he was actually stuck in limbo. They couldn't just kill him.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I just finished watching season 2. I must say, it was pretty good.

A lot of confusion is cleared up especially in the season finale. This season mainly focuses on the organized crime wars and power struggles and the relationships between Peter and his friends. More specifically Peter's love life. Quite a few new characters are introduced as well.

I hear a season 3 is supposed to be coming in the fall. Who knows when that will be for N. America. I can't wait anyway.

While I like this series a lot, the fact that they cram in a lot of villains in a season that is only 13-14 episodes long doesn't give much time for character development. It's not a big flaw but I like it when thing's go in sagas. Like the old days when a cartoon would take about 5 episodes to present one specific scenario. With this show, most of the problems are solved fairly well by the end of the episode villain wise.

Small flaw that I don't really mind.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I forgot to mention this before. At comic con of course there was the panel for the Spectacular Spider-Man. Here's a rundown of what happened:

Comic-Con: Spectacular Spider-Man Live Blog -

One thing in response to what we were talking about before, Gwen Stacy's fate-

Are they willing to deviate from the original Spider-Man mythos? Is it possible for Gwen's fate to change? Greg says he is dedicated to keep it true. Not necessarily every single aspect. For example, Sha Shan's background had to change. As for Gwen, Greg doesn't want to spoil things for possible seasons.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
The Spectacular Spider-Man

Without a doubt the best television adaptation of Marvel's iconic superhero. PERIOD. It's been around since '08, so I'm sure some of you have seen an episode at least. What'd y'all think of it? Am I alone in wishing it'd continued? Who else thinks it's set a bar that must be passed by the new show premiering this fall that's supposed to be based on Ultimate Spider-Man? I'd be disappointed if the show's successor did any less than that.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Re: The Spectacular Spider-Man

There is an old thread on this already

http://forums.khinsider.com/media-discussion/104780-spectacular-spider-man-animated-series.html

The show was pretty decent. It's too bad that most Marvel series are canned after the first or second season these days. Do I think it was the best Spider-Man animated series? No. I still think the '90s animated Spider-Man still holds that title.

The new Ultimate Spider-Man that is supposed to come out (next year?) sounds almost exactly like the Spectacular Spider-Man honestly. Or rather, Spectacular Spider-Man was almost like the Ultimate Spider-Man continuity. So I guess it will be interesting to see where they go with that series. I do wish they didn't cancel the Spectacular though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back