• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Riyona Village

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
Very entertaining and well written story so far, great job on all aspects of it.

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
God, I'm so bad about not post. TT__TT I hope some of you are still interested.
-----
Chapter Six, The Morning Of

As the hours quickly moved along, morning had already come, and the three adults in the living area were wrapped up in deep conversation.
“So, your friend Cloud really did that?” Miyo asked Vincent after he had explained the defeat of Sephiroth. Captivated by his epic story, the hostess sported a large smile. It had been ages since she had heard a truly exciting tale.

The Turk looked to the woman; a small smirk grew on his face. “Well, with a few more details, that’s about right,” he explained, taking no credit for himself. He took a sip of his tea, and letting out a sigh, the man leaned back in his seat.

“Impressive,” Kikyo stated as her fingers laced together in her lap. “I’ve never heard of such skill. Your world... It must be interesting, Vincent.”

The sound of faint footsteps became audible as the small girl opened her bedroom door in which slammed closed behind her. "Miyooo," she said, walking into the room and stretching out her sister's name. "I'm hungry." Kohana still looked considerably tired, and she slowly rubbed her eyes. The child looked up and saw a hole in the side of her home. Blinking to assure she still wasn’t sleeping, she then asked, "What happened to the wall?"

The woman raised her eyes to the ceiling as she released a most fatigued sigh. "There’s nothing to worry about,” she persisted, looking to the child and offering her a smile. “We’re doing renovations on the house, that’s all. I have more tea brewing in the kitchen, so you can help yourself to that, Kohana. I hope you’re ready for the festival.”

Sitting in a chair and offering a bright smile, the little girl exclaimed with enthusiasm, "Oh, yeah! I almost forgot!" She darted her gaze to the two adults that had arrived in their home only the day before, and her grin increased tenfold. "Kikyo, Vincent, will you come with us to the festival?"

The Turk lowered his head. He hadn't gone to any sort of celebration in many years, and he hadn't been around a large crowd for some time. The man thought for a moment and didn't seem to be in the mood for interacting with others.

"I don't know," Vincent said after taking a breath. "I haven't been around a lot of people in a long time. I don't think I'm up for it."

Pouting her lower lip, the girl hopped off of her chair, and she threw her hands in the air. "Oh, please come!" Kohana said, whining. She shot a desperate glance to her older sister. "Miyo, tell Vincent to come!"

"You know I can't do that,” the older sister insisted with a firm tone in her voice. She looked up to the Turk and gave him a smile before turning her attention to her younger sister once again. “He can make his own decisions. Listen, you'll need some energy for flower picking today. Why don’t you get some fruit from the kitchen, Kohana?" Groaning, the child then sauntered into the kitchen, just as her sister had instructed.

"Flower picking?" Kikyo asked, noticing the plants on the dining table. "But you already have a fresh bouquet over there."

"Today, we pick a rare flower that only blooms around this time," Miyo replied, gazing at the flowers Vincent had brought in the night before.

Coming back from the kitchen, Kohana took her spot once again as she climbed to her seat and proceeded to feast upon a piece of fruit. "It's a Spider-Lily!" the girl announced with bits of food flying out of her mouth. “It’s my favooorite flower!”

Nodding and placing a hand under her chin, the priestess raised a most curious brow as she added, "I see, but what about those three people in your room, Miyo? Shouldn’t we be worrying about them?"

“I’m not even sure of what to think of the situation,” the woman grunted. "I really have no idea. For all I know, two of them are only concerned about the girl that Vincent saved. It would be better if we stayed here just in case."

The man looked at the Kohana’s face and sighed. Still sporting the same grim frown as she before, the Turk became guilty of his previous choice. He cleared his throat and then crossed his arms. "Alright, Kohana," he stated, gaining her attention. "I'll go to the festival, if you could tell me something: why do you want me to go?"

Kohana became a little nervous, and she started timidly playing with her fingers. "Well, festivals are fun to go to, and I thought that you would like to come," she replied, her face blushed with color. She looked to Miyo, who offered her a reassuring smile, and she then turned back to Vincent, continuing, "I’m sure you’d have fun with us."

The man nodded. "I think you've convinced me, Kohana," he said, playing the good sport. "I guess it wouldn't hurt." For some odd reason, Vincent Valentine felt the urge to show off his contentedness, and he did the unthinkable by expressing a small, rare smile.

Kohana's face lit up with happiness and joy as she gave a bright smile to match the Turk’s. "Oh, thank you!” she exclaimed, jumping up from her building excitement.

"Well, in that case, wash up and go get dressed, Kohana," Miyo said to her. "Your clothes should be in your room."

Kohana gave a small nod and started walking away. Suddenly, she stopped and gave the Turk one of her brightest smiles. "Thank you," she uttered as she rushed off to get changed for the festivities.

Looking to Vincent, Miyo couldn’t help but express a cheerful face. It had been some time since the warm feeling of friendship and family loomed in her house. Biting her lower lip, she looked down to the floor before stating softly, “It’s been years since a guy’s been around. My brother, Jeimuzu, was the last man to live here. Kohana doesn’t get attached very easily, so you’re one of those rare exceptions. I hope she’s not troubling you.”

Vincent looked up at Miyo and shook his head. "It's no problem at all," he said as he looked out the hole in the wall to see that people coming outside to begin the festivities.

Like the Turk, Kikyo gazed outside and saw that the people of the village were decorating their homes with white ribbons. A majority of the townsfolk were even dressed in white and red, donning the traditional colors of the festival. "It looks like fun to me,” she said, looking down at her clothes which, ironically, were red and white. “I seemed dressed for the event."

"We wear those colors because they’re of the Spider-Lily," the hostess replied. "There are eight white petals with red lines which gives the appearance of a spider. It's very beautiful."

Growing increasingly curious, the man looked down at his red cape. "So, red and white?” he asked, glancing toward Miyo. “I guess I'm partially suited then."

The man grinned. “Well, apparently so,” the woman replied, putting a hand over her giggling mouth. “Now, if we could get you to wear some white, I think you’d blend in rather well.”

Kohana finally emerged from her bedroom, and demonstrating a large grin, she pranced into the living area. "How do I look, everyone?" the child asked, her voice was filled with enthusiasm. The cuffs of her sleeves were red, and she was dressed in a white gown that extended to the middle of her shins. “Isn’t my dress pretty?” The young girl shuffled her foot as she awaited an answer.

"Yes, you look like a princess, Kohana," Miyo said with a smile. "I have a basket for you to put the flowers in."

"Okay, but aren't you going, too?" the girl replied, looking at her sister’s dull house clothing. "We should all go together!"

"Alright, alright, you all wait here," the older sister stated with laughter. Leaving the room and creeping into her sleeping quarters, the woman noticed that the three intruders were still sleep, and hoping not to wake them, she quietly fetched her apparel before dressing in the room Kikyo had during the night.

Looking toward the direction which the woman had left to, the Turk nodded and stood from his chair. "So, what sort of things will we be doing today, Kohana?" he asked, presenting a smirk. "I'm starting to look forward to this festival." Vincent couldn't believe what he was saying. It had been a long time since he had been excited for an event as such.

"Oh! Lemme tell you what we’re gonna do! First, we're going to the Riyona shrine! We’ll stuff our faces with food, and then we’re gonna watch a play, and then we’re gonna watch a fake sword fight, and then we go to the shops, and then we go flower picking in the afternoon, and then at night, they have a fireworks show, and it's reeeeeally pretty!" Kohana said in one breath. "I'm sure that you'll like it."

Emerging from Kikyo’s room, Miyo stepped into the hallway after gently closing the door behind her. She entered the room where her friends and sister were, and using her hand to flip her hair over her shoulder, she produced a grin as her eyes shimmered in the light coming from the outside. Turning to her and widening his intense eyes, Vincent, stunned by the woman's appearance, felt his face brightened with color, and he felt a small smile gradually grow. Never before had he been so entranced by a woman.

End of Chapter
-----
Oh, btw, the story has a website now! The Riyona Chronicles - Version 1.0 Simple Origin CnC please and I hope to regain some of the old readers. ^^

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
You've posted the same thing as last time, and it even lacked the details behind it. Check before you post.

However, I like the story very much.

Oh...oops. ^^; I was posting stuff here before we actually had mapped out chapters, so I didn't know Chapter 5 here had everything from the official Chapter 6. I cut out the last part of the one here, so...yeah.

Wow...the chapter 5 here had chapters 6 and 7....o_0 So, I guess I have to post 2 more chapters then....er...idk....I think the chapter 5 here had some of seven, but not all of it......@___@

Chapter Seven, Parting

In the opposite room, the two strangers began a conversation which had been on their mind all night. Gil, the taller, hotter tempered adult, shot fiery words at his companions.

"How could this of all things have happened? I mean it was a simple job: get the med supplies for a buyer. But no, we didn't have enough equipment to pull the heist off, so we accepted a loan from the Fuwu Clan! Man, how foolish are we?!" Gil angrily ranted.

"Calm down, Gil," Eana insisted. "You're causing a ruckus."

Ignoring her, the large man continued, "But of course we were dumb enough to believe they'd accept our repayment a little late, due to our first buyer backing out. Geez, like they'd ever give us the time to find a new one. Then, those stupid, purple wearing weirdos start following us and boost half the stuff, including the virus samples, track us down after days of evading and inject one of our own with the stuff! Kinda poetic, don't ya think??"

Gil became flustered, heaving heavily for a minute, before going on, "Then we risk ourselves by blasting our way in here using your ability. The brand new stuff we got is busted, and then Prince Dark and Dank comes on over and shoots his powers inside of her! Who knows what he did to her?!"

"Stop it! He saved her and you should be grateful." Eana protested.

Gil continued to ignore her comments, proceeding, "And then they just invite us to stay after wrecking their house. What is up with that? Who knows who this guy is, let alone these people!? They could be some of those coven witches or whatnot!"

Eana sighed, stating, "Gil, please, people in this naive village have said the same thing about me. I'm sure they're good people!"

"Don't 'Gil please' me!! This whole situation is messed up and you know it!" Gil said as he stomped his enormous feet.

After hearing their new guests fighting, Miyo, followed by Vincent, looked into their room curiously and said "What's going on?"

Gil quickly swung himself around to face them, raising his arms in a fighting position, yelling, "Hey, this is none of your business! Get lost!!"

Vincent gripped Cerberus at his side and leered at the being. "Watch yourself," he growled as he stepped toward Gil. "I could kill you in less than a second."

"You have no idea who you're dealing with bub; bigger men than you have tried and failed!" Gil screamed, standing his ground against the Turk.

Vincent's eyes thinned and he aimed Cerberus at the large man. "You have no idea what kind of things I can transform into," he said coldly. Vincent had gone from a happy mood to an angered temper in less than a minute. "The Jenova cells have corrupted me into something that comes out of your nightmares."

Kohana backed behind Vincent and Kikyo had her bow and arrow ready. Miyo looked at everyone and although she was a little frightened, she didn't show it. To her, it was early and they didn't have time for this.

She looked over at Kohana, then to the strangers and said, "Listen, we don't want any trouble. You and your friends put a hole in my home and Vincent saved your other friend's life. If anything you should be thanking us for sparing yours as well!"

Eana smacked her forehead, blushing with embarrassment, and said, "Look, I apologize for my brother, he means no harm. He's just a little upset about our friend. I think if we all could be calm and put down our weapons--"

"Look, I don't know what your motives are, but I think it's best if you all leave," Kikyo interrupted with a blank expression. "Miyo tolerated you all long enough."

Miyo looked at Kikyo and gave a quick nod, before unleashing her temper, "I don't know where you came from, but I think you should go. You, that small girl, and your giant, hot-headed brother have caused enough trouble with the wall alone, let alone your attitude!"

Eana titled her head to the side, developing an insane expression on her face, replying, "Listen missy, no one talks that way about my family! I'm told you sorry and I was grateful for what your and your friends did to help us, but you don't seem to care! Since you're so upset about your precious wall, here!!"

The woman huffily rushed over to the broken wall and raised the rubble in the air with her ability, mending the hole. She continued to yell, "Happy now?! And the next time you think about inviting strangers into your house, don't!! Just look how this all turned out! Gil, get Mini, we're leaving-- NOW!!!!!"

The large man rushed into the room and out with the small woman and Eana's bag in his arms. He rushed through the open front door and outside. Eana soon followed, angrily mumbling under her breath. When she was outside, she turned back to face the stunned group, and said with a tone of uncontrollable hostility, "Thank you for the room and tea, it was very relaxing." She slammed the door shut and the group left the house.

Vincent eyes thinned as he watched the three strangers leave the house. "Glad they're gone," the man said retracting his gun and putting it away. "I thought I would have to fight them off. Oh well."

Miyo looked over at Vincent and showed a confused expression on her face. "What just happened?" she asked, although she was watching. "I'm still trying to take all of this in."

"I'm confused myself, Miyo," he said turning to her. He nodded and looked over to Kikyo who had also put away her weapons.

The woman still remained slightly in a daze, finally asking, "How did she fix the wall like that? It was like magic."

"I really don't know," Vincent replied.

"Well are we going to the festival or not?" Kikyo asked, unconcernedly.

Kohana lowered her head and started playing with her fingers. Miyo walked up to her younger sister, bent down in front of her, lifting her head and asked, "Regardless of all this fuss, we can still go to the festival if you want, Kohana."

"I want to go, but I want to make sure everything is ok," Kohana responded softly.

Vincent stepped toward the small girl. "Kohana, everything will be alright," he said reassuringly. "As long as Kikyo and I are near you, you'll be well protected. You don't have to worry about any of those crazy rampant people. Now, you want to the festival right?"

Kohana looked up at Vincent with a smile and gave a quick nod. "Thanks! You all are the best!" she replied cheerfully.

Miyo got up and gave a small smile. "I'm glad that she’ll be protected, but what about me?" she thought, "I shouldn't be worried about that now." Kikyo noticed Miyo seemed to be a little dazed. She wanted to say something, but felt it wasn't the right time.

Kohana grabbed Vincent's hand saying, "We already missed a lot of the festival...but we could still go eat! You're hungry, right Vincent?"

Vincent nodded and scratched his head. "I guess I'm a little hungry," he said as looked down at his stomach. "A little food won't hurt me." He turned to Miyo and gave a blank expression. "Hey, are you coming? I doubt it'd be a real festival without your presence."

Miyo frowned, replying, "Well...I guess...of course! It's just...I feel a little bad for the way I acted. It seemed like the sister was actually grateful and remorseful for what happened, but I just kind of lost it."

"Hey," Vincent said, "You had the right to be mad after what happened. I'm sure they won't hold it against you later if they look at it in perspective."

"Yeah...maybe..." Miyo said with doubt, but shook it off and continued. "You're right, let's just enjoy the rest of the day."

"Sounds like plan," Vincent answered, showing a half-smile.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the front door. "It couldn't be them again, could it?" Miyo rhetorically asked, before going to answer it. She opened the door to see a young blind man, Oberon, and said, "Oh, hello, can I help you?"

Oberon nervously smiled and replied, "Uh...yeah...is Kikyo here?"

Miyo, looking a little surprised, answered, "Um, yes, she is. Kikyo, you have a visitor!"

Kikyo looked up from her seat and said, "A what?" She got up and went to the door, seeing Oberon's goofy face, and her expression changed to effectively match it. She sighed and said, "Oh, you, what is it you want?"

Miyo smiled and said, "I'll let your two have your privacy." She then walked back to where Vincent and Kohana were.

Oberon chuckled a little, before replying, "Well...see...I kind of have a problem. And since you're the only person who talked to me for more than five minutes here, I thought maybe you could help me out?" He then gave a big grin.

Kikyo looked a little stunned by his suggestion. To her surprise though, she found herself feeling sorry for him. He was alone in a strange place, and blind nonetheless, so she decided to comply. "Well...fine, as long as I'm in back in time for the festival."

Oberon's jaw dropped a little, and then happily replied, "Really? Cool!"

Kikyo sighed and continued with a sarcastic tone, "Mm...let me just inform my peers." She walked back into the house where the other three of the group were conversing. She began, "Listen, my...friend needs help with a task. When I'm done, I'll meet you all at the festival, okay?"

Vincent looked at Oberon who stood in the doorway, staring at nothing, then said, "Well...sure Kikyo, if you think it's a good idea. ..."

Miyo and Kohana both nodded in agreement with Vincent, and Kikyo gave a smile. Oberon tapped his foot and called out, "Now would be nice!"

Kikyo slammed her eyes shut in annoyance, then said, "If I'm not back within the next hour or so, meet me here or, better yet, I'll meet you at the festival. This shouldn't take long, I hope. ...Well, I suppose I'll see all of you soon, goodbye." She walked out the door and began to leave with Oberon.

Several hours rolled by, and during the process of waiting for Kikyo's return, Miyo managed to accomplish her typical list of chores around the house. Vincent waiting patiently in the living room, admiring the house's large bookshelf, and Kohana sat at the dining table; she emitted a series of yawns, followed by a bored sigh. Eyes lighting up, the young girl finally hopped up from her seat and rushed over to her big sister, jumping up and down, saying, "Is it time yet? Can we go to the festival now?!"

Miyo offered a small, uncertain frown at her younger sister, replying, "I'm not sure. What do you think, Vincent?"

The Turk looked to the woman, lightly clenching a book in his hand. "I don't know, Kikyo hasn't come back yet," he replied, lowering his vision to the wooden floor below his feet. "It's already been a few hours."

"Well, she did give us the alternative of meeting her at the festival," the hostess stated. Smiling, Miyo offered, "Maybe we'd have better luck seeing her there."

"Yeah, it wouldn't be fun without Kikyo!" Kohana exclaimed, curling her fists tightly. "Let's go meet her at the festival! Can we go now, Miyo?"

Vincent turned to them, sitting the book he was glancing at back down, answered, "I'm ready if you two are."

"Alright then," Miyo said with a smile. "Let me just grab our things and we'll go." She gathered various sundries into a basket and looked over to her sister and their house guest. She headed over to them and the group was quickly out the door.

As Vincent followed Miyo and Kohana to the festival, he couldn't help but to have a bad feeling about Oberon. The man shook off his idea. He knew Kikyo was a capable woman who could fend and protect herself. The Turk looked down at Kohana's anxious face.

"You excited, Kohana?" he asked as he walked along beside her.

Kohana looked up at Vincent with one of her brightest smiles. "Yep!" she replied. "I hope you are too!"

Miyo looked ahead and saw the village center covered in almost red and white. People were dressed up, eating, talking, and enjoying the festivities. One side had a sword fight, the other with lots of exotic items and mass amounts food that could feed a whole kingdom.

Seeing lots of people moving about and having fun gave Kohana an exciting feeling as she tugged on Vincent's cloak. "Come on!" she said. "We're here!"

As the man followed her sister along, Miyo's grin lit up her face, and she truly began to indulge in the festival's delight. "I've got to keep my eyes peeled for Kikyo," the young woman's thoughts echoed as her vision darted about the place. "She's got to be here, she has to be."

Vincent looked about the festival and remembered an event similar to this back in Kalm. "At my home, there was an annual event like this," he said as his eyes feasted at the various sights. "It was to celebrate the precious life that its inhabitants lived, even through hardship and desperate times. Of course, I never went to them."

Looking at everything around her, Kohana pulled everyone toward the food grabbing some fruit and started eating. "Why not?" Miyo asked with a concerned look upon her face. "Was it that bad in your world?"

"It's not that," the Turk said as he watched Kohana gorge herself with plentiful food. "It's just that it was always around those times I would think about..." Vincent paused and an image of Lucrecia appeared in his head. He touched the side of his head and he sighed. "Nothing... It's nothing."

Miyo watched Kohana playfully laugh and grabbed some food for herself and Vincent. She gave a full plate of delicious food as they all sat down at an empty table. "Sorry if I caused you to remember something you'd rather not remember," she said looking down at her food. "Why don't you eat something? The food here is freshly made."

"Right," he said softly as he lifted a piece of meat to his mouth. Vincent looked over to Miyo and sighed. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. It happened a long time ago, way before I met you." The man nodded and took a bite. After a moment, a content look crossed his face.

"Not bad," the Turk continued. "Not bad at all. Best I’ve had in a while."

A breeze passed through and Miyo looked up at Vincent. She gave a quick smirk and began eating a little. She looked over to Kohana, watching all the events around her then looked up at the sky. "Blue skies, fluffy clouds, and sunshine," she whispered to herself. "Perfect weather."

Vincent smirked in return and looked down at the meal before him and drowned himself in deep thought. He couldn't help but to think of the melancholy memories from long ago, and he continued to view in his mind the woman who had betrayed him. "I want to forget about what has passed and move on," the man thought to himself. "Please, I want this memory to stop once and for all."

"Lucrecia," the Turk whispered under his breath, not even realizing he was speaking aloud.

Miyo quickly turned her head to Vincent and observed him. "He's very handsome... mysterious, but handsome," Miyo thought, smiling a bit.

Meanwhile, Kohana was lost in her own imagination. She got up and walked around seeing people having a wonderful time at the festival. She moved through the crowd and finally stopped at some performers, watching them do tricks with fire. After being excitedly enticed for a while, she went back and to Vincent and Miyo who still sitting in the same spot. "Hey!" she shouted, waving her hands in the air. "Why are you two still here? Get up, let’s go pick some flowers!"

The Turk looked to Miyo; a sense of bewilderment filled his eyes. "Flowers...?" he questioned as his voice trailed off. "I’m not much of a nature man myself, maybe I should stay here."

Letting out a quick laugh, the woman smiled and held out her hand for the man to grasp. "Oh don't worry, I'm sure you'll enjoy it once we start," she assured him as he took her hand. She pulled Vincent up, and he stood tall upon his two feet. "And if worse comes to worse, you'll just watch. Come on, let’s get going before everyone flocks to the fields." Without a defiant word, the Turk nodded his head in agreement, and he followed the two girls to the outskirts of town; the final part of the festival was about to commence.

End of Chapter

Uh...I think that's right. >.<

Last edited:

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
I did... but I'm bit lazy so I might skip a few points. Depends whether your title interest me, and your content continues to interest me. So far so good.

Uh...well, ok, thanks? xDD The comments just kinda explained why part of chapter 7 is from the chapter 5 I posted here before. Anyway, thoughts about the story so far?

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
xDD Well, in that case:
-----

Chapter Eight, The Flower Field

Nightfall came unexpectedly soon. Under the light of the florescent moon, Vincent and Miyo watched as young Kohana picked the rare spider lily flower, the sign of the village's celebration. The threesome had decided to break away from the festivities in the village and spend a moment in peaceful tranquility. There, the two adults nestled themselves amongst the meadow of flowers and continued to vigilantly watch the young girl.

"It's a gorgeous night," the man said as a warm breeze greeted his face. He gave a small smile and looked up at the radiant moon casting its mysterious light, like a beacon of hope. "I wish it would last forever."

Watching Kohana playfully pick flowers, Miyo smiled. She couldn't remember the last time she had been this happy. Everything seemed perfect as she knelt down on one knee to picked up the rare flower. "You know, this flower really blooms during the night," Miyo stated as she stood up, looking at the Spider-lily. "Most people pick them before they can really blossom."

Vincent nodded and looked at the flower in Miyo's hand. "That Spider-lily reminds me of a flower that used to bloom in my world," the man said as he sat down in the field of flowers. "Back then, times were good and pure. But now, everything is dying and there seems to be no hope left in people's hearts. This world is still unmarred by the scar of sin that my planet carries."

Miyo looked at the star-filled sky. As the moonlight touched her face, she replied, "I suppose so. It might not be compared to your world, but Riyona has really taken a turn for the worst over the past few years. Our lives have been a lot more hectic than they once were. The only good thing that has happened was you..."

Kohana gradually grew tired and yelled from a distance, "Can we stay here for the night?"

"You want to stay here?" Miyo replied with a raised eyebrow. "What do you think Vincent?"

Vincent nodded. "I think I would like that," he replied as looked up at Miyo and then glanced at Kohana. "It's pretty pleasant out and the fresh air should do us good. That is, if it's alright with you, Miyo."

"It's fine with me," she said smiling at Vincent. She looked at Kohana, signaling her to come over. "I hope you picked enough flowers for me too, Kohana."

"Don't worry, I did," Kohana replied giving Vincent a handful of Spider-Lily Flowers. "Here Vincent, you can take some home with you too."

Vincent nodded and took the flowers from the girl. "Thank you, Kohana," he said with a small smile as he tenderly put the flowers away in a safe pocket. "That's very kind of you. I'll keep them nice and safe."

Kohana sat down and Miyo followed suit by taking a seat on the soft grass. "You seem a lot more cheerful than before," Miyo said to Vincent. "But you often seem lost in thought. Is it because you're homesick?"

Vincent turned to Miyo and then looked down. "It's not that," he said with a sigh. "I'm actually glad to be away from Kalm. It's just... ever since I've gotten here, I've been thinking about someone who was dear to me over thirty years ago. I can't seem to get her out of my head."

Miyo looked up at Vincent, noticing the sadness in his eyes. Kohana was resting her head in Miyo's lap and playing with the petals of the flowers she had collected. "She hurt you?" Miyo replied showing a sympathetic smile, "You don't want to show it, but the pain is there, isn't it?"

Vincent was silent for a moment and he simply nodded in reply. "She did," he said softly as he continued to look down. "She was the reason that I'm like this now and she's the reason I'm still alive. She chose Hojo, dammit. Why couldn't Lucrecia have let me die when that bastard shot me?"

Miyo looked down as she played with Kohana's hair. "Maybe she still loved you and didn't want to see you die. In her heart, she might of loved you, but was clouded by this 'Hojo' man," Miyo said softly.

Vincent sighed and glanced over at Miyo. "Well, even if she did actually care about me, it doesn't matter now," the man as he looked up at the moon. "That happened thirty three years ago and she's encased herself in Mako crystals. In other words, she's in suspended animation forever."

"I've always been alone," he continued. "I never had a family to care or love for me. All I had was my father, and he was never living with me or near me. When I met Lucrecia, I actually thought that I was worth something, and maybe life was worth living. But when she betrayed me and rejected me, I felt like my heart was ripped out."

The Turk's red eyes glowed as he stared up into the moon. "Besides, who would care about a man like me?" he asked softly. "I mean, look at me. There's nothing to see."

"There's plenty to see in you," Miyo said, staring into the man's eyes. "Kohana has been happy ever since you arrived...and I have too. I know it's only been a day, but you bring this pleasant feeling that pushes my worries aside. You may appear distant on the outside, but on the inside you're full of compassion and love; I see it in your eyes." She looked away and added softly, "I just want to see you happy, that's all."

Vincent looked down at Miyo and was silent once more. He tried to think of what to say, but his mouth failed to pull out words. "Thank you," he simply said after a few moments. He sighed and tented his fingers. "I guess... I want to see you happy, too." The man smiled and then lowered his head.

Miyo placed a wilted flower she had been holding inside Kohana's basket and picked out another one. She took in a deep breath and looked at Vincent.

"You don't have to say that if you don't mean it," Miyo replied. "You can be honest. I don't want you to say it just because I did.."

Miyo picked another Spider-lily and glanced at it. She continued, "I want to see you happy because it makes me happy too. I'm sure Kohana is happy when you're happy as well. I don't know much of your past, but I can see you've had it rough. You deserve so much Vincent; you have to believe that you do."

Vincent blushed and turned his head away. He pondered, "I never thought...anyone would--"

Suddenly, the Turk's thoughts were interrupted when a cloaked figure burst into the scene. "Isn't this lovely?" the shadow, whose voice seemed to belong to man, uttered with a hint of sarcasm. "Tell me, would you two mind if I stick around for a little Q & A?"

End of Chapter

-----
Yeah, I realize it's quite a bit shorter than the others...I'm considering merging this and chapter 9, but I'm not sure.

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com

Chapter 9, The Cloaked Schemer

Vincent stood up and gripped Cerberus at his side. "Who the hell are you?" he asked as he stepped in front of the girls to protect them. He pulled out his gun and aimed it directly at him. "Answer me!"

The hooded figure let out a quick laugh while shaking his head. "Ah, temper, temper," the man replied, folding his arms across his chest. "You're just a bag of fun, my friend. Well, I suppose this is the time where I spill the beans."

The mysterious man then pointed to Miyo, and a smirk crossed his face. "I got some information for your little friend, missy," he said slyly. "Why don't you be a good girl and go away for a while? I promise no one will be hurt."

Vincent did not move a muscle and he continued to outstretch his arm and aim Cerberus. "I think not," he said though his teeth as he thinned his eyes. "I have no idea who you are. There's no way I'm sending Miyo away just because you tell me to." The Turk glanced over his shoulder at the young woman and nodded.

Miyo let out a tiny gasp, then giving a small nod to Vincent. "He's really concerned for me," she thought. "I never imagined having someone to protect me."

The figure clicked his tongue and shook his head. "Not a smart move, man," he retorted sharply. "I'm helping you here. Maybe if you catch some of this, you'll be able to keep your life before things... get dangerous."

"Danger?" Miyo questioned. "What do you mean?!"

"Well, the only way for you to find that out is for him to hear what I have to say...alone," the figure responded.

Vincent looked down at the ground and fell into thought. The man wasn't certain of what he should do. He didn't want to abandon Kohana and Miyo, but he also needed to hear what this man had to say, in case the mysterious man knew something about why he and Kikyo were in Riyona.

The Turk lowered Cerberus and shifted his red eyes toward the stranger. "I'm sorry, but if my friend cannot hear your information, then I cannot hear it," he said as he relaxed himself once more. "Why is it you cannot tell Miyo your information?"

"Sorry," the hodded man responded, "Rules are rules. You can either come with me to hear what I have to say or leave. Your choice."

Miyo sighed and replied, "It's okay. We'll be here. If it's important then you should go." She gave Vincent a small shrug and looked down at Kohana.

The hooded man rolled his hidden eyes and crossed his arms once more. "Come on, come on," he lightly growled, beginning to tap his foot to a beat playing in his head. "I haven't got all night, y'know. Just trust me, she'll be fine."

Vincent thinned his eyes and huffed. He looked at Miyo and nodded. "If you need me just call my name, alright?"

The young woman looked up and gave the Turk a reassuring smile. "Right," she said softly. "Everything will be alright, Vincent. It's going to be okay."

The man nodded and walked toward the hooded figure. A strange and malevolent feeling resided about him, but Vincent quickly shook it off a moment later.

"Ah, now that's better," the shadow uttered with a scoff. "So, let's get to our little interview, shall we? Tell me, have you lived in this world since your birth?"

Vincent looked over at Miyo once more and then closed his eyes. "No," he said in a melancholy voice. "I wasn't born of this world. I was born sixty years ago in a city called Midgar."

A smirk grew upon the shadow's hidden face as he cunningly devised a quick plot in his mind. "Perfect," he muttered in a low, inaudible tone. "So far, so good."

Sitting upon the ground, her sister's head resting in her lap, Miyo couldn't help but look over to Vincent every so often. Her moonlit eyes gazed upon him intently and she was certain that he never left her sight. "I can't help but feel useless," the woman thought while looking away. She lowered her chin and, let out a sigh. "What if what that man was saying is true...what if Vincent is really in danger?."

The shadow continued. "So, from my understanding, you just popped into this little world out of the blue?" the figure inquired, darting his eyes at Miyo for a brief glance. "You've arrived here quite by accident?"

The Turk nodded and was silent for a few moments before speaking once again. "That's right," he simply said crossing his arms as his eyes thinned. "Look, I don't know who you are and I don't know your intentions. So, who sent you? Why are you here? I want answers and I want them now."

"Of course," the shadow replied while a sneer grew upon his covered face. "Let's just say that I'm not exactly the good or bad guy in this little scenario. Does that answer your question?"

The man touched Cerberus at his side and his eyes entered an intense glare. "I'm afraid not," he responded sharply. Vincent advanced toward the man and he began to draw his gun from its case. "Understand, if the situation calls for it, I won't hold back. I'll ask you again: who the hell are you?"

Miyo looked over at Vincent and noticed the bitter expression on his face. "Something's wrong," the young woman whispered softly before looking down at Kohana. She took off the top layer of her clothing and made a pillow for the young girl. She lifted her head and placed the cloth under it. Miyo kissed her sister's forehead and got up from her position a moment after. Cautiously approaching the two men, the young woman loomed with various emotions residing about her. She tensed herself as the unknown figure snapped his head to her direction, and the whites of Vincent's eyes were in her gaze.

"I thought I told you to stay away," the hooded man snarled.

"Just stay behind me, Miyo," he said softly as he glanced over to the young woman. The man turned his attention over to shadow and glared at him intently. "Keep away from her. If you dare come near us, I'll rip you to shreds."

The hooded figure placed his hands on his hips, and he let out a quick chortle. "Now, now, let's not be hasty," the voice continued waving his hands about in the air. Looking up at Vincent's glaring face, the shadow smirked. "You've got it all wrong, my friend. I'm trying to get you out of a little mess that's going to ensue, ya get me?"

Vincent grew increasingly suspicious as the figure pressed on with his speech. "What are you talking about?" he asked, the man's voice was low and almost sounded like a growl. "A mess? Danger?"

Without a second thought, the hooded figure proceeded. "Well, if you must know, something big is coming on the horizon," he continued, the figure then began to circle Vincent and Miyo, and his tone was dark and menacing. "I can't exactly inform you of what it is at the moment. No, not now... You have to realize that by just coming along with me, you'll be dodging a bullet that's yet to be fired. I'm not asking for anything--nothing at all; it's simple. A child can grasp the concept. Don't you understand? All you have to do is comply to my terms, and you're going to be totally worry free."

Rage grew inside of the Turk as his keen eyes followed the black shadow's movement, and his ears took in the man's deceitful words. "Absolutely... not," Vincent replied, nearly frightening Miyo with his chilling voice. His intense eyes thinned while he placed Cerberus back into its leather case on his thigh. "I don't care about what happens to me. I only intend to keep my friends safe from any of your chaotic mess. Understand? Miyo, are you coming?"

"Yes," Miyo responded, following close behind him. The young woman darted her eyes to Vincent before lowering her gaze to the ground. She turned over her shoulder to check on Kohana who, surprisingly, was still dozing off.

The dark figure raised a hidden brow after his arms folded to his chest. "Fine, I see how it is, but remember, this won't be the only shifty encounter you'll have; not by a long shot." he whispered to himself, his voice was twisted and cold. "If you won't join me, then I'll have the pleasure of--well, I'll leave that to the imagination. Until we meet again, I guess this is farewell...."

"Fine by me," Vincent said, leading Miyo away from the hooded figure. As the two made their way over to the sleeping girl, the young woman looked over to where the hooded man was previously standing. To her surprise, he had completely vanished, leaving not a trace of the mysterious encounter.

End of Chapter

The title is a reference to KH, btw. :p It in no way confirms that the mysterious person is in fact Zexion, but meh. xDD CnC.

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
Chapter 10, You're Welcome

Vincent Valentine was silent for a long moment, before he finally sighed. "I guess this is goodbye, then," he whispered, hanging his head. His eyes were fixed on the ground.

Miyo instantly turned to Vincent and looked at him strangely. "Goodbye?" she asked him, confused by his words. "What do you mean?"

Vincent lowered his gaze to the ground and he let out a soft sigh. "You heard what that man said. This won't be the last encounter with the likes of him. Next time it could become violent..." he said with a serious tone. "If I stay with you, the others might try to hurt you and Kohana. And if they ever hurt you, I... I would never forgive myself."

Miyo walked over to Vincent and held his hand. "Don't do this, Vincent," she replied, tearing up a bit. "Please don't go! I'd miss you so much.. "

Vincent frowned and looked into the young woman's eyes. "It's alright, Miyo," he said to her softly. The man shifted his eyes and saw his hand in hers. He smiled and looked up once more. "You and Kohana are...the only true family I've ever had. You're both very important to me now. I know I've only known you for a day, but I feel like I've known you for a lifetime. I want to keep you safe, Miyo."

Miyo blushed at Vincent lowering her head. "I feel the same way, but how would leaving protect us? If anything, it would make things more dangerous," she replied softly, "I don't want you to die again. I just couldn't bear the thought... I really do care about you, Vincent Valentine."

Vincent was silent for a moment and repeated Miyo's words over and over again in his mind. "She... cares about me?" he asked himself. "Someone actually cares about me?" There was the strangest feeling in Vincent's heart at this moment.

He felt like he was willing to sacrifice his life for the young woman before him, and he felt like he could do anything with her at his side. He felt his pulse race as he laid his eyes upon her and the chemicals in his mind were going crazy. It was the feeling that he had for Doctor Crescent over thirty years ago; it was the feeling of love.

The Turk smiled and nodded. "I suppose you're right... are you certain that you don't mind me around?" he asked Miyo aloud. "Are you willing to put up with a guy like me?"

Miyo nodded, energy building within her. After a few moments spent biting her lower lip in anticipation, she finally released her emotions and gripped Vincent in a tight embrace. It was so unexpected that Vincent fell back with Miyo on top of him. She gazed into his eyes for a moment, soon realizing the position they were in. Miyo's heart skipped a beat as she quickly got up and turned red. "I'm sorry," she said a little flustered. "That was a bit forward of me... are you ok?"

The Turk couldn't help but smile. "I'm fine," he said softly looking up at Miyo. Then, Vincent Valentine did the unexpected, and he began to laugh, something that he rarely did. He sat up and brought his knee to his chest. "More than fine; great, in fact."

Miyo blushed, burying her face in her hands from embarrassment. She soon looked up, lowering her hands and gazed at Vincent in the bright moonlight.

"Never in my life would I have imagined falling for someone in a day's time," she thought. "It's strange, but I really enjoy this feeling. There's been an attraction to him since our first meeting, but it's grown so much stronger. I feel happier than I have in a long time...all thanks to the man from Midgar."

Miyo looked over to Kohana and saw she remained sound asleep, then glancing over at Vincent. "I'm glad to hear ," she replied with a warm smile. "And yes, Vincent, I...would like it if you would stay with us."

The man nodded and gazed up at the shining light coming from the moon above. "I'm glad," he said with a smile. Vincent looked over to Miyo sitting beside him, and again, he felt his heart race. He wanted to tell her so much, but his mouth could not reach for the right words. He sighed and simply settled for, "Thank you."

"Heh, you're welcome," Miyo said with a giggle. Her smile soon faded to a frown, though, as thoughts of the mysterious hooded man plagued her. She finally asked, "Vincent...who was that man earlier? Did he say what kind of danger you were in?"

"I'm not sure," Vincent replied. "But since he asked me about what world I was from, it could mean Kikyo and anyone else who arrived from the vortex could be in the same danger. If the danger is real, we might be in for trouble." The Turk touched Cerberus at his side and nodded. He would be ready if someone attempted to harm him or his friends.

"Did he seem to know why you arrived here?" Miyo replied, "I mean, if danger is specific to those from the vortex, there has to be a reason you're here."

"I'm not sure. He didn't inform me of much," the man said looking down. He took a deep breath and exhaled. "He didn't say why I was in danger, it was just an assumption. But I don't care about me, my goal is to keep you, and Kohana, safe."

Miyo smiled and was silent for a bit. She took in his last few words and felt ecstatic that he wanted to stay, pushing all thoughts of the danger aside. "To be honest, I've always thought you were handsome," Miyo said, blushing. "It's silly, but that's one of the reasons why I let you stay over."

Vincent smiled and lowered his head. "Funny you should say that," he said lifting his head after a moment. "The reason I came into your house was to see your face more clearly in the light. I know this sounds poetic, but I got lost in your eyes." The man fell silent and he looked away in embarrassment.

Miyo felt an overwhelm of emotion for the Turk and struggled to keep it inside, for now. She knew Vincent was a man of little emotion and she didn't want to make him uncomfortable. Still, Miyo felt he needed comfort, so she placed her hand on his shoulder. "I became absorbed in yours as well," Miyo replied with a flushed face. Her fatigue was getting the better of her; she could no longer fight of the urge to yawn.

Vincent turned his head toward Miyo and revealed a broad smile. He was silent once again and simply stared at Miyo's beautiful face. "It's getting late," he said after a few moments. "I think I should be getting you girls home. It's been a long day for all of us."

Miyo gave a small nod as the two stood to their feet. Vincent scooped a sleeping Kohana in his arms and carried her as Miyo walked beside them. The festival had come to a close and most of the villagers had already returned to their homes. The group soon followed suit.

After a bit of walking, the group finally arrived at Miyo's home and went inside. Vincent carried Kohana back to her room and traveled back into the living room. He and Miyo stood before each other for a few minutes, simply gazing and smiling to one another. Neither one wished to part, but sleep was inevitable. Vincent held out a hand to shake, but a grinning Miyo soon pulled him into a soft hug, causing the Turk to blush.

They smiled at one another and parted for the night, falling asleep with comforting thoughts of their time together.

End of chapter

((The chapter title's a little tribute to one of my favorite Angel episodes ^__^))

Haku

<3
Seems as though I've missed a ton of great sequences as well, hope the update is coming along nicely.

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
Looks like we got some of the readers back ^^
----

Chapter 11, The Garden

"I've never been this deep in the forest," Miyo said aloud, observing the nature around her. She was in the Riyona forest by herself, surrounded by many growing trees and blossoming flowers. Suddenly, a butterfly passed in front of Miyo's face. Its wings were blue and marked with fantastic designs. Miyo, entranced by its beauty, began to follow it in awe.

She continued to follow it, not fully paying attention to her surroundings. She soon reached a waterfall that she had never been to before. She forgot about the butterfly for a moment, leaning down and placing her hands into the cool, blue water. "Mm, this feels good," she said, closing her eyes. "I want to bring Vincent and Kohana here."

She breathed in the fresh air as she looked up to the clear sky through the trees. She soon faltered, sitting completely still; she had the vague feeling that someone was standing behind her. She cautiously turned her head to glance over her shoulder. Her eyes widened when she saw three shadowy figures in the distance. Miyo stared at them nervously, beginning to back away as they moved forward. She soon found herself pinned against the small pool of water coming from the waterfall as the figures began crowding around her and...

Miyo gasped as she awoke abruptly from her dream. She began breathing heavily, wiping her moist forehead of sweat and getting out of bed. "Who were they?" she whispered.

As Vincent sat in the living room, he looked toward the floor and saw as the sun's brilliant light flooded the room.

The man stood from his sitting position and stretched his arms wide. He cracked his knuckles and neck as he walked toward the front door and stepped outside to greet the day.

"Another beautiful day," the Turk whispered. Morning had come once more.

Miyo stumbled a bit when exiting her room, before catching herself and lightly chuckling at her own clumsiness. After entering the living room, she noticed Vincent wasn't there, feeling a bit confused. She went to check to see if the Turk was in Kohana's room.

"Good morning, Miyo," Kohana said cheerfully. "Yesterday was the greatest day ever! I'm going to ask Vincent about last night. I can't believe I fell asleep!" Kohana then rushed to the living area and shouted, "Vincent!"

Vincent's ears perked and he looked into the doorway to see Kohana calling his name. "Good morning, Kohana," he said in an upbeat tone. He came inside and presented the girl with a warm smile. "Sleep well last night?"

"Hiya!" she replied, rushing up to him. "Yeah, I slept great. Did anything happen while I was sleeping at the festival? I can't believe I missed the fireworks."

Miyo smiled at the two and crept back into her room for a moment, still a little dazed from her dream. She shook her head of the rogue thoughts and made her way back into the main area of the house. "Those two must be hungry by now," Miyo said softly to herself. "I know I am!"

Vincent shifted his eyes about and scratched his head. "Well, something happened alright," he said with a cough. "It's alright, Kohana. It's nothing you would have liked." He smiled and hid his embarrassment.

"Aww...oh well," Kohana replied with a shrug. "Next time I'm staying up the whole night!"

Miyo interjected herself by calling out, "Good morning. Are you both hungry? I'll make breakfast and we can all eat together. Wait...where's Kikyo? Did she come back?"

"No, I haven't seen her," Vincent said lowering his head. "I wonder where she is." Suddenly, a loud growling sound filled the room and Vincent looked down at his stomach. "I'm sorry. My stomach has never grumbled like this before."

Miyo and Kohana gave each other an amused look and smiled back at the Turk.

"You relax and I'll make breakfast," Miyo said. "Or, if you're up to it, Kohana can show you the garden out back."

"Yeah! I want to do that!" Kohana exclaimed.

Vincent nodded and smiled. "Alright, Kohana," he said with a bit of joy. "Will you show me to the garden?"

"Come on!" Kohana said with a bright smile, pulling Vincent outside.

"I'll call when breakfast is ready," Miyo said, watching them leave.

While Miyo began to prepare breakfast, Kohana held Vincent's hand and the two walked up a small trail until they saw a rather large garden with different flowers, vegetables, and fruits.

"It's lovely here, isn't it Vincent?" Kohana said. "We can sell most of this at the market. Miyo is going to teach me how to plant and sow. She says that our parents put their love into this soil. What do you think?"

Vincent smiled and nodded. He knelt down and touched the ground and was silent for a moment. He looked over to Kohana. "You know something?" the man asked the little girl. "I can feel the love in this garden. And I can feel all of the hard work and time you and Miyo put into it, too."

The Turk stood up and saw the garden in full view. "It shows," he continued as he looked at the lush plants. "It's wonderful."

Kohana beamed as she pulled Vincent along to show him all of the different crops and plants they had. The planted food was on the left side, all sorts of shrubs popping up from the ground. Signs labeled carrots, potatoes, and many other crops were scattered about. At the very edge of the vast area, an apple tree towered over the surrounding plants. The flower garden was on the right side, vibrant and full of color.

"I love the flower garden the most!" Kohana exclaimed. "It overlooks the gazebo."

Kohana pointed left and Vincent looked over to see a small path that lead down to the gazebo, where potted flowers appeared to be stored. It looked old, but still beautiful, with a few vines hugging it. The gazebo looked over a small pond with exotic flowers and tiny fish. The forest contrasted behind it. It was a breathtaking place that seem to have a relaxing aura around it.

Vincent felt himself out of breath as he laid his eyes upon the fantastic sight. It brought back memories of long ago when he often visited the countryside and got away from city life. "It's incredible," he said with wide eyes. "I haven't seen anything like this in many years."

"Well, don't just stand there, let's go!" Kohana said with enthusiasm, dragging Vincent along once again.

The Turk chuckled, willingly following the young girl. They walked along the same dirt path until they reached a small wooden bridge that connected to the gazebo, which caused Kohana to halt.

"Careful," she said knowingly. "They never got to build the hand-railing."

Vincent nodded and crossed over the water with Kohana, holding her hand all the way. After the made it across, the young girl gave a sigh of relief and looked up at Vincent. She grinned and exclaimed, "We made it!"

Vincent smiled at the young girl and the duo made their way over to the bench. After sitting down, the Turk took in the gorgeous sight of the small pond and forest before them. "The view is marvelous, Kohana."

"Thanks!" Kohana said happily, smiling with pride.

"So...why is it the railing was never built on the bridge?" Vincent asked curiously.

"I'm not really sure," Kohana responded. "Miyo told me their was a bridge before this one, but it got old and rotten. Our brother, Jei...Jeimuzu, I think, rebuilt the bridge, but never got to finish."

"Why's that?" Vincent questioned.

"He left," Kohana said casually.

Vincent nodded and replied, "Oh yes...Miyo told me, but she didn't say why. Do you know why, Kohana?"

"No," Kohana answered. "I was just a baby when our parents died, around the same time he left I guess. Miyo doesn't like talking about it all that much."

"I see," Vincent said, turning his attention back to the pond. "I would imagine it's quite painful to talk about."

Kohana took a deep breath of the fresh air and said, "Yeah...hey Vincent, did you have a place like this in your world?"

The man was silent for a moment and then sighed. "There used to be," he said with a blank expression, "but three years ago, someone destroyed everything that was once good. Now, there's almost nothing left in nature. All the flowers, the trees...everything's faded away."

Kohana appeared solemn for a moment, then replied, "Well we have lots of seeds, you can take back as many as you want."

Vincent smiled warmly at young girl, touched by her kindness, and answered, "Thanks, Kohana. Thank you very much."

End of Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back