• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Purpose of The Seven Guardians of Light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

Alrighty, I've got a question about Kingdom Hearts 3 and the second keyblade war. How is it that the seven guardians are supposed to prevent the war from occurring? Isn't the purpose of this war to make the X-Blade, which is made by clashing 7 lights and 13 darknesses? If that's the case, wouldn't this only aid Xehanort in his quest to create the X-Blade?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think they're supposed to prevent that in the first place.
Their task is guarding the Light (and possibly the balance), meaning both the element of Light and the seven Princesses.
So I'd say not only they can't prevent the war, fighting the War is part of their duty.

That's a Xehanort plan for ya: you can predict it (kind of), not prevent it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Problem is Xehanort already threatened to use the princesses of heart if the guardiana refuse to fight. So they don't really have much of a choice

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
What if they fought them with only 6 lightbuddies though? Is there other reason that the magical "plot" that prevents them from winning that way?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, it's definitely the good ol' destiny thing. Aside from the fact that only 6 vs 13 Xehanorts could be quite hard (read as: suicide). They can be more, but less...

Still, it could be fun analyzing who could be left on the bench:
- Sora, Riku, Aqua, and Mickey are, well, necessary manpower. Probably even Lea, and he also has the "I gotta save my friends reason", and he has to have the anime fight with Isa.
- Terra, Xion, Roxas, the Chi characters it's unclear where they'll be or if they're take part at all.
- Kairi, I guess it'll be too dangerous to leave her? Considering she's also a Princess and kidnapping her would probably assure the other 7 lights?
- Ventus, Donald, Goofy (since they could be Guardians too) are probably the most expendables: D&G are strong enough to not be kidnapped easily, weak enough to not be necessary. Ventus is strong, but seen the history with him and the X-Blade keeping him out would actually be the safest route.
Problem is, he showed how good he is at staying put, and "D&G are Sora's strenght" is a must.

VenVen

I think the only question is if terra will take part in the battle as a guardian of light. Mickey, Riku, Sora and aqua are a certainty. They are desperately searching for ven so he too will most likely be a guardian. Since they gave lea a keyblade and he wants to help his friends he will be a guardian. In the secret ending they show us kairi being summoned by yen sid and she is going to train with him. So we already have 7 sort of confirmed guardians. I think they will save terra but after the battle since I believe he will be a seeker of darkness in his terranort form. But who knows maybe nomura will surprise us with unexpected guardians or maybe there are more than 7 guardians.... although I dislike that thought

OkaruAudo

Hm. How could they have Kairi as a guardian of light? That seems to me like an awful idea.
1.) She's a princess of light and she shouldn't be in the front lines, in harm's way.
2.) She has very very little combat experience. While Lea is inexperienced with a keyblade, he was a beast with his chakrams.

I don't know the idea of Kairi as a guardian seems.. Impractical.
So they're not trying to prevent the war then? Just trying to prevent Xehanort from seizing control of the world's seven pure light princesses?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Let's waste the last chance Kairi has to get important! Yay!

Like, Kairi will be a GoL. It's no denying (did you see the Secret Ending? Where they hype it up like shit?7
I mean, it's okay if you dislike the idea of it. But I don't see anything else happening with her honestly.

OkaruAudo

I guess that makes sense. I figure she will be after seeing that secret ending. But it seems like a strange choice. Why Kairi? I guess like you said, they want her to be an important character.

And I still wonder how Terra will get back. That will be interesting.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Just because Kairi is being trained doesnt mean shes a guardiam though? Theres a million other reasons why she should be able to defend herself and others by learning how to wield the keyblade.

If there are only six lights, MX will target a PoH instead.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Just because Kairi is being trained doesnt mean shes a guardiam though? Theres a million other reasons why she should be able to defend herself and others by learning how to wield the keyblade.

If there are only six lights, MX will target a PoH instead.
Yes, but let's be honest, we all know the only way to get a prominent role in KH is being a keyblade wielder.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Let's waste the last chance Kairi has to get important! Yay!

Um wat?
The series will continue after the first saga so it's not really the "last chance".
Not to mention that it is a little late to shove Kairi into the forefront during the finale of a saga where apart from Sora like 5+ other characters already have an important role to play as well.

---

As for the initial topic, many people seem to be misunderstanding something here.
The clash between the 7 and 13 is not a Keyblade War. The clash (which according to MX is "fate", but considering how the old fart is manipulating events left and right one may be allowed to question if it is really "fate" at all) shall serve to recreate the X-blade, but the actual Keyblade War itself is supposed to start after that.

The X-blade is the prize the war will be fought over (according to what both Xehanort and Vanitas stated in BBS) so if another war happens or not will be decided after the 7 vs 13 clash, regardless if it results in a true X-blade or not.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Um wat?
The series will continue after the first saga so it's not really the "last chance".
Not to mention that it is a little late to shove Kairi into the forefront during the finale of a saga where apart from Sora like 5+ other characters already have an important role to play as well.
Better late than never, I guess?

Idk, it's just that they had so many opportunities in the past to make her 'important'(/to remind fans that she even exists.)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yes, but let's be honest, we all know the only way to get a prominent role in KH is being a keyblade wielder.

So?
She can be a wielder without being a guardian. Theres other things she could get tasked with, like gathering the princesses or protecting them or whatever.
I think if she is indead a guardian they'd have to make it kind of reasonable why she's being chosen instead of another more logical candidate.

DefiantHeart

Awards
From what Mickey said about there is going to be a keyblade war, and there's nothing they can do to prevent it. I'm thinking they're aiming to just get it over with, and do everything they can to win the war. Prevention doesn't seem to be a thing on their mind anymore... kinda like what happened in KH X's last scenario. Part of me thinks Nomura is going to integrate the players directly into this particular war, and KH X was just to show us a glimpse of this future. Kind of like training us. XD Being "Unchained" feels like a particular hint that we're not tied to any destiny, and thus can participate in the war if we wish, ultimately changing the outcome of the war in a way Xehanort could not have predicted.

Raybrand

I think the 7 guardians of light share the same purpose as the 13 seekers of darkness: to forge the x-blade, because those titles where literally created when the x-blade was broken into 20 pieces. It doesn't matter what their motives or intentions are its practically their destiny

Hirokey123

Awards
6 vs 13 won't work because Xehanort will just nab the princesses instead. If they don't come at him with 7 or more lights he already has a second list and we all saw how effective Sora, Donald, and Goofy were at protecting the seven princess. To recap during the course of KH1 Maleficent and AnsemSoD captured Snow White, Alice, Belle, Jasmine, and Kairi. When their only minions were heartless, the less than competent Disney villains, and Riku.

Now the most intelligent version of Xehanort is back with a keyblade to boot, he has Braig the most slippery wild card and ultimate troll, and Isa the embodiment of effective and ruthless upper management which is a lot more threatening than it sounds when you realize he was able to keep the Organization running despite 50% of its members being traitors with their own goals and his own active take over plot in place killing off loyal pawns. On top of this they will have 10 other Norts for good measure and in addition to both the Heartless and Nobodies under their thumb if Vantias returns they will also have the Unversed. There is pretty much no way in eternity that even with our improved heroes and our numbers upped that the heroes could prevent Xehanort from taking the princesses so their only way to protect them is to go along with his plan.

I'm betting though the 7 guardians used to forge the X-blade will be out of commission on the outside since the X-blade is created via hearts. So I don't see our main group being guardians but rather our er....kinda disposable/lesser group. With Kairi, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Xion, and Lea being the 7 lights dealing with the inside. And that leaves Sora, Riku, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy to deal with Norty+complete X-blade on the outside just as KH1 and KH2 were.

OkaruAudo

Hirokey I have always loved your answers and explanations to things and this one isn't any different.
Honestly that makes a lot of sense and it never even occurred to me. Lol now I'm more confident in that idea. But we won't know for sure until 3 comes out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back