• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Pope's Comments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Togo

Awards
Did anyone else hear what the pope said, at first i thought it was funny but its understandable now how it can be offensive to some people. if anyone doesn't know what he said, this is it:

"Saving the planet from gay people, is as important as saving the rainforests."

I think these comments were irresponsible and careless. I'm not gay myself but i understand why homosexuals can find this offensive.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
Wow. He must think the rainforests are unworthy or something.

More proof that Catholicism is just plain weird.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I left Catholicism for this exact reason.

Far too intolerant. Between his stance on Harry Potter and this, my view of him has gone down considerably.

Angel

I love how he acts like it would be "saving the planet". If we continue being whores and pro-creating, we'll overpopulate the earth.

not good.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
I'm not gay or anything like that, but that comment is not cool. "Saving the world from gay people..."??? The hell... I've known gay people and they've been cool... not something the earth needs to be "saved" from.

Apollo

Silver Member
I already felt he was outspoken on things. I am glad he is not my leader for anything, I would be ashamed.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm Catholic, and I can honestly say that I'm ashamed of quite a few things Pope Benedict has said. What we need is a pope like John Paul II, who was much more tolorant than Benedict XVII seems to be. I'm not gay, and I don't support it, but they're people as much as hetrosexual folks, and it seems that Benedict doesn't seem to realize this. If John Paul were still the Pope, he would say "The Catholic church does not approve of gay marriage, but we will not do anything to stop homosexual Non-Catholics from doing so, or homosexual Catholics from a Non-Catholic marriage." That's the proper, polite, civilized view that a pope should have, not this awful Nazi-worthy comment.

Angel

Glaurung is completely right.

It's bad enough that they look down on gays as inferior, but deeming them a threat to the planet?

That's kind of low for the Holy Father to steep down to, isn't it?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Glaurung is completely right.

Of course I am.

It's bad enough that they look down on gays as inferior, but deeming them a threat to the planet?

That's kind of low for the Holy Father to steep down to, isn't it?

I know. It's sad, isn't it? I'm still proud to be Catholic, though, because I believe comment of this sort are the Pope's views, and not the views of the Catholic church as a whole. I went to Catholic elementary and middle school, and there I was taught that while gay marriage is not approved in the Catholic church, and that Catholics who do partake in gay marriage are going against the Church, we should not fail to recognize that they are human, and should not be treated as something less than that, for we are all God's children. Again, I don't support homosexuality in any way, but gays don't deserve to be treated as any way inferior, as creepy as they may be. Pope Benedict is going directly against Jesus' teachings of "Do unto others what you would have them do to you."

Angel

Of course I am.

You always are. :D

I know. It's sad, isn't it? I'm still proud to be Catholic, though, because I believe comment of this sort are the Pope's views, and not the views of the Catholic church as a whole. I went to Catholic elementary and middle school, and there I was taught that while gay marriage is not approved in the Catholic church, and that Catholics who do partake in gay marriage are going against the Church, we should not fail to recognize that they are human, and should not be treated as something less than that, for we are all God's children.

Very, very, very true. We're all equal in that way, so why should they be looked down upon as inferior?

[quoteAgain, I don't support homosexuality in any way, but gays don't deserve to be treated as any way inferior, as creepy as they may be.[/quote]

They get less creepy if you know them. One of my friends is gay, so there. I find them less...."creepy" now.

Pope Benedict is going directly against Jesus' teachings of "Do unto others what you would have them do to you."

We need to save the world from the Vatican, hurhur.

Angel

Same here. Catholicism is just so intorlerant and fucked up its unbelievable

Exactly the way I saw it. It's like anyone who's not in church on sunday/is gay/masturbates/gets drunk/etc. earns a one way ticket to the hot place.

Yes, getting drunk IS a sin.

Shade73: That's the word.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I know, so Catholics will just have to brave Pope Benedict's ravings until he kicks the bucket, and we can hopefully elect a more tolorant Pope, or at least one who doesn't speak so harshly and bluntly as Benedict. The Pope's attitude really should be something along the lines of, "You have your way, and I have mine. I believe that my way is the correct way, so I will encourage you to follow it. However, the Lord has given us free will, and I will not stop you if you wish to do so, only attempt and persuade you not to." It really just saddens my heart to hear my religious leader speak in a way so far apart from that ideal message above. It also saddens me that honest, yet tolorant Catholics such as myself are so rejected by the rest of the Christian community.

They get less creepy if you know them. One of my friends is gay, so there. I find them less...."creepy" now.

It's not really the people so much as it is the concept, which really just repels me. I have nothing against gays, however. They have their ways, I have mine, and we should both try as best as we can to not let our separate ways interfere with one another. Peaceful coexistence.

Angel

I know, so Catholics will just have to brave Pope Benedict's ravings until he kicks the bucket, and we can hopefully elect a more tolorant Pope, or at least one who doesn't speak so harshly and bluntly as Benedict. The Pope's attitude really should be something along the lines of, "You have your way, and I have mine. I believe that my way is the correct way, so I will encourage you to follow it. However, the Lord has given us free will, and I will not stop you if you wish to do so, only attempt and persuade you not to."

Not even that. he should just let people be. If people get their kicks doing it with the same sex, then they should have EVERY right to do so without interference.

Not to mention that the cardinals choose the Pope in the name of God. all that white smoke stuff, remember?

It's not really the people so much as it is the concept, which really just repels me. I have nothing against gays, however. They have their ways, I have mine, and we should both try as best as we can to not let our separate ways interfere with one another. Peaceful coexistence.

There we go. (what should be) Catholicism's new slogan.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Catholicism is just so intorlerant and fucked up its unbelievable

I don't impose my beliefs on others, and I try as hard as I can to be tolorant of others, so please respect me and my faith.
Call it 'intolorant' if you wish, but refrain from the term 'fucked up'. I don't go around calling Methodists that, do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back