• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Phelps

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trag

Bronze Member
I wonder if these people have ever really been physically attacked. I can't see any self-respecting father or brother or best friend even, not tearing these fuckers to shreds outside their sons/brothers funeral.

K

Kegluneq

I believe they are all gay, I get the feeling they know eachother as well.
I like how the grandmaster fellow is so reluctant to answer the question of how many children he has.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I wonder if these people have ever really been physically attacked. I can't see any self-respecting father or brother or best friend even, not tearing these fuckers to shreds outside their sons/brothers funeral.
Yeah they have!

If you dive through the YouTube Related Links ocean, you'll find a video where their bus is being attacked while they're in it. It's like the whole town is surrounding the bus, and it's satisfying to watch, but on the other hand you suddenly realise they're human and get scared for a second when it happens. Then they go back to their old selves and wave because they're happy everyone's angry.

What scares me is that one man can influence so many people. I really hope that that Jael Phelps gets rescued, it's obvious she's a good person, but so brainwashed that she doesn't understand right from wrong.

Anyways, does anyone understand how these children and young adults function like this when they are well educated at schools too? They go to college! How can they keep these weird ideas when they're constantly being exposed to the REAL world everyday?

I'm glad that at least 3 left the church. Good for them. They should be interviewed too.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
So where's the limit of free speech? I am all for free speech, but causing pain and suffering and harm to people, that's crossing the line for me. Causing hatred is not freedom of speech.

I would argue for these people's right to say this shit despite how disgusting it is. Causing hatred actually is free speech. The last thing this country needs is more censorship.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I've just heard of this family from this thread. And really, they are really interesting. Naturally I completely believe they are in the wrong, but I do think that they are interesting. I found a documentary on them which I haven't finished watching but thought so far it was good:

YouTube - Fall From Grace - Fred Phelps (Part 1 of 8)

I feel the guy talking on the second part (Pedro I) has a real valid point. If we made them stop, thereby going against their constitutional right of freedom of speech would ultimately mean they won. I dunno just my interpretation. I'm most certainly NOT supporting them. But they do have a right to free speech... I dunno, just watch the video >_> it's interesting.

I took the liberty to quote the guy:

Pedro Irigonearay said:
If mister Phelps was to be denied his constitutional right to picket. I would defend him. Because we must be greater than mister Phelps. Mister Phelps and his group must not be permitted to alter the freedoms of all of us simply to silence him.

I dunno I thought that this made a lot of sense.

Last edited:

very differentiable
Awards
They seriously have a problem, but where a problem is, there are answers too. It seems they hate everyone and everything, and others are annoyed greatly bvy their nagging and whining. They should do a collective suicide, like cults often do. That way they are saved from this evil world and others don't have to listen to their BS. I'm already surprised they haven't been knocked into at least a coma, either by family of deceased soldiers, homosexuals or any other group they condemn.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I would argue for these people's right to say this shit despite how disgusting it is. Causing hatred actually is free speech. The last thing this country needs is more censorship.
I disagree.

The whole point of freedom of speech is that you can have a different opinion without being crucifixed for it. However, this is offensive to people. This is hurtful. This is so painful for a lot of people. That is not why freedom of speech is part of the Western civilisation (Western, because most Europe agree on freedom of speech too)

Talking about Europe, where I live, you are allowed to have your own opinion, as long as you respect others feelings. The Phelps don't do that and cause hate and anger towards about everyone on this whole planet.

That's the difference. This is not freedom of speech anymore. This is freedom of hate-spreading.

Shade737

Silver Member
They are not true Christians if they can cast aside love in favor of hate. What they are doing is wrong and they are making it personally against homosexuals. Its not brainwashing its a misunderstanding of a religion.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
I disagree.

The whole point of freedom of speech is that you can have a different opinion without being crucifixed for it. However, this is offensive to people. This is hurtful. This is so painful for a lot of people. That is not why freedom of speech is part of the Western civilisation (Western, because most Europe agree on freedom of speech too)

Talking about Europe, where I live, you are allowed to have your own opinion, as long as you respect others feelings. The Phelps don't do that and cause hate and anger towards about everyone on this whole planet.

That's the difference. This is not freedom of speech anymore. This is freedom of hate-spreading.

Which should still be defended. Whether or not these people are pleasant, and discounting even how insane they are, the fact that they are allowed to do this is a beautiful thing.

I never want the government deciding what is and is not okay to say, we all know how well people handle power.

very differentiable
Awards
So true. Just because a few misuse it, it shouldn't be censored. Instead, it's better to debate them with solid arguments, hoping that will change their minds.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
So true. Just because a few misuse it, it shouldn't be censored. Instead, it's better to debate them with solid arguments, hoping that will change their minds.

Well that's a waste of time and effort, when it comes to politics or religion you will never find someone acting sensibly about the wrongness of their beliefs.

very differentiable
Awards
Maybe, but if the rest of the country disagrees with them, shouldn't they at least have the sense and think that their views aren't apreciated. Any common person would do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back