• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Party System in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Changer

So basically this is a thread to discuss how we think the Party system will work in KH3.

I think that it would be if we focused on two things

1) What we want to happen
2) What we think will happen

To start things off, I would be ecstatic if we got a more traditional FF style Party, like the on we're going to see in FFXV, where you have more than three permanent party members, and multiple were playable (ala 7 Guardians of Light + Donald, Goofy, and maybe Roxas and Xion). Sadly, the only thing that makes me think this could happen is that the mechanics for multiple playable characters will already have been ironed out in FFXV, so that might make things easier on the programmers.

It is far more likely though that we will get the traditional KH style Party, with few Permanent members and many temporary ones, rather than the 11-man party I outlined above

But regardless, I expect a playable Riku. If there is not one, I will be disappointed.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
In terms of the main party system (which I believe will entail Sora's story), I think they'll stick with the traditional one of just having SDG (since we know he is trying to find the KtRH and not going to be rescuing the other GoL as far as we know) with the Disney-specific character just like in KH2.

What will happen post-game I don't know, but I know that I would ideally like to have the other GoL available since by the final battle, they all have to be there since we need the 13 VoD to face off against the 7 GoL. Maybe they could be unlocked in the final world (since in most KH games you can't save after the final boss).

If Riku and Kairi were playable (which I would like them to be), I can see them having special episodes similar to Lightning's episode in FFXIII-2. By that I mean that they will have their own separate stats for a small portion that we play as them and thus they'll have their own gimmicks that will be different from Sora's story to change it up. They don't have to be DLC episodes, they could just be after certain bosses so I'm not sure how their party system would work since I don't know who they would be working with (Riku with Mickey, but Kairi maybe with Lea? Then again, what would they even be doing...)

doortolight

Awards
I just hope for some worlds to have 2 world characters, like if they do the PotC again based off 2&3 I want both jack and barbosa as possible party characters

Rii

Awards
In terms of the main party system (which I believe will entail Sora's story), I think they'll stick with the traditional one of just having SDG (since we know he is trying to find the KtRH and not going to be rescuing the other GoL as far as we know) with the Disney-specific character just like in KH2.

What will happen post-game I don't know, but I know that I would ideally like to have the other GoL available since by the final battle, they all have to be there since we need the 13 VoD to face off against the 7 GoL. Maybe they could be unlocked in the final world (since in most KH games you can't save after the final boss).

If Riku and Kairi were playable (which I would like them to be), I can see them having special episodes similar to Lightning's episode in FFXIII-2. By that I mean that they will have their own separate stats for a small portion that we play as them and thus they'll have their own gimmicks that will be different from Sora's story to change it up. They don't have to be DLC episodes, they could just be after certain bosses so I'm not sure how their party system would work since I don't know who they would be working with (Riku with Mickey, but Kairi maybe with Lea? Then again, what would they even be doing...)

Lea and Kairi could possibly be training to become Keyblade masters, or to battle the 13 VoD.

Personally, what I kind of have pictured in my mind(going along the split plot line mentioned of Sora looking for the KtRH and Riku searching for the last Keyblade wielders) is the same three-man party system, with Sora Donald and Goofy(and world-specific characters) and(this is just what I have pictured) Riku, Mickey, and Lea(possibly with the world-specific characters). Now, I don't know how likely it is for Lea to join Riku and Mickey, but it would certainly be an interesting twist, in my opinion.

kupo1121

Awards
Lea and Kairi could possibly be training to become Keyblade masters, or to battle the 13 VoD.

Personally, what I kind of have pictured in my mind(going along the split plot line mentioned of Sora looking for the KtRH and Riku searching for the last Keyblade wielders) is the same three-man party system, with Sora Donald and Goofy(and world-specific characters) and(this is just what I have pictured) Riku, Mickey, and Lea(possibly with the world-specific characters). Now, I don't know how likely it is for Lea to join Riku and Mickey, but it would certainly be an interesting twist, in my opinion.

Kairi and Lea have to train to fight the VoD since I'm pretty darn sure they will be in the final battle so that's a necessity.

As for the story, I doubt Lea will accompany Riku unless SE would have written his name into the plot summary that they released. I would much rather Kairi and Lea work together purely because I'd love to see the dynamic between the two since the last time they interacted was when Axel kidnapped her. I've always thought that I'd love to see them get involved with Maleficent since we don't know exactly what she's doing in KH3...

Changer

Kairi and Lea have to train to fight the VoD since I'm pretty darn sure they will be in the final battle so that's a necessity.

As for the story, I doubt Lea will accompany Riku unless SE would have written his name into the plot summary that they released. I would much rather Kairi and Lea work together purely because I'd love to see the dynamic between the two since the last time they interacted was when Axel kidnapped her. I've always thought that I'd love to see them get involved with Maleficent since we don't know exactly what she's doing in KH3...

Nomura could change his mind by the time the game releases and have Lea accompany him, but I honestly get the idea that Lea will probably more or less be doing his own thing.

Rii

Awards

That's what I meant, I was just saying it was a possible plot line for a Kairi/Lea team up.

That is, unless it either isn't planned yet, or SE wants to keep that a secret. It's not that I think it will happen, I just think it would be interesting. They didn't mention Aqua, or Ven, but we're pretty sure they'll play a part in the end. I agree, I think that would be interesting, too. But I would rather the story focus on Sora and Riku, with the occasional cutscenes of Lea and/or Kairi.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I see the system being close to kh2's in set up since everything else gameplay wise is being based off of it as it's "core". So largely a 3-man system with an option to switch through them on the command board.
Though what I would like to see is something similar as described in the OP. With so many characters coming together I'd feel disappoint not to able to play as others beyond sora.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think the party system will more or less be similar to how it was in KH2. Having two members with one world-specific party member, Donald and Goofy having their own weapons and items, limit breaks (or team attacks of some kind) returning, swapping party members during gameplay ala KH2.

I don't know if there will be much of anything different. Maybe flowmotion team attacks? That could be cool. Maybe you could flowmotion towards Goofy and you'll do a "Goofy Tornado" kind of attack.

One thing I have always wanted for a Kingdom Hearts game ever since KH2 is being able to play as your party members. Ever since KH2 allowed you to swap party members like, say, swap Donald for Tron or Goofy for Donald, I always wanted to swap Sora for a party member and it would allow you to play as a party member. That idea has just always been intriguing for me. Of course, it's probably never going to happen, but I can dream.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Disney party members for everyone!: Sora/Donald/Goofy, Riku/Mickey/Pluto, Kairi/Minnie/Daisy, Lea/um....Hoarse & Clarabelle. On 2nd thought that idea loses steam quickly.

Vanitas/Maleficent/Pete

Seighart

Awards
So basically this is a thread to discuss how we think the Party system will work in KH3.

I think that it would be if we focused on two things

1) What we want to happen
2) What we think will happen

To start things off, I would be ecstatic if we got a more traditional FF style Party, like the on we're going to see in FFXV, where you have more than three permanent party members, and multiple were playable (ala 7 Guardians of Light + Donald, Goofy, and maybe Roxas and Xion). Sadly, the only thing that makes me think this could happen is that the mechanics for multiple playable characters will already have been ironed out in FFXV, so that might make things easier on the programmers.

It is far more likely though that we will get the traditional KH style Party, with few Permanent members and many temporary ones, rather than the 11-man party I outlined above

But regardless, I expect a playable Riku. If there is not one, I will be disappointed.

My exPectations are severely high after seeing FFXV. If FFXV can pull off multiple party members PLAYABLE, then so should KH3. Yes, this story focuses on Sora again, but limited the players to ONLY Sora would be boring.

What I would want: I'd want to at least be able to switch between using Sora, Donald, and Goofy. The AI in Kingdom Hearts never worked out to my liking. If that's not the case, I'd like to be able to choose who I can bring with to worlds. Say like you rescue Ven and Aqua, id like to customize my party via gummi ship before entering the world. Give me better options to use concerning party members behaviors. Like Customize Donald to attack an enemy's weakness or heal you when your hp drops to a certain level. Kinda like how FF12s system was.

What I'd expect: The typical KH1 and 2 "Party" system. Sacrificing one party member (That's already"crucial" to the SDG formula) with a Disney character that's slightly useful. Dno what to expect honestly beyond this.

Kinda surprised Nomura mentioned changes to SUMMONS and not the party system. If you ask me, the party system is more of a priority.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
My exPectations are severely high after seeing FFXV. If FFXV can pull off multiple party members PLAYABLE, then so should KH3. Yes, this story focuses on Sora again, but limited the players to ONLY Sora would be boring.

To be totally fair though, we don't really know how that is going to work in the final product. Yes, we can play as multiple characters, but what exactly does that entail? I thought that it just meant during certain parts of the story, you may switch from Noctis to Prompto or vice versa. I didn't get the impression that you could just switch to them whenever you feel like it.

If that's not the case, I'd like to be able to choose who I can bring with to worlds.

That sounds like an awful lot of work for the story writers, programmers, animators, pretty much everyone. I like the idea of being able to play as party members you already have just whenever you want to (like instead of having Sora as the player and Goofy as the party member, make Sora the party member and Goofy the player), but choosing two members to bring from a list of potentially seven people sounds like overkill.

What I'd expect: The typical KH1 and 2 "Party" system. Sacrificing one party member (That's already"crucial" to the SDG formula) with a Disney character that's slightly useful. Dno what to expect honestly beyond this.

Yeah, more than likely. I think they'll add SOMETHING new to the formula, but I have no idea what that could be.

Kinda surprised Nomura mentioned changes to SUMMONS and not the party system. If you ask me, the party system is more of a priority.

Hmm... I dunno. As party members and summons are, I found party members to be way more useful than all of the summons apart from Tinkerbell.

Riku/Mickey/Pluto

YES!!! Pluto would be the best party member of all time!!

kupo1121

Awards
That is, unless it either isn't planned yet, or SE wants to keep that a secret. It's not that I think it will happen, I just think it would be interesting. They didn't mention Aqua, or Ven, but we're pretty sure they'll play a part in the end. I agree, I think that would be interesting, too. But I would rather the story focus on Sora and Riku, with the occasional cutscenes of Lea and/or Kairi.

Well, Riku and Mickey are tasked with tracking down the other GoL, which pretty much means they are going to find Aqua (who is needed to find Ven), so I think its implied that we'll find them. I don't think they mentioned Aqua or Ven because they want to blatantly spoil the fact that they'll be saved (even if we know it).

Disney party members for everyone!: Sora/Donald/Goofy, Riku/Mickey/Pluto, Kairi/Minnie/Daisy, Lea/um....Hoarse & Clarabelle. On 2nd thought that idea loses steam quickly.

YES!!!!!!! yesyesyesyesyesyes!!! Screw the keyblade wielders, I want Minnie spamming Faith alongisde Daisy in a rage (we saw how she intimdated Donald after the Timeless River segment in KH2, I bet she packs a punch), and Pluto digging up stuff.

BUT WHY STOP THERE? Let's get the whole Timeless River cast back together and have the ultimate team, Horace, Clarabelle, and Clara Cluck!!!! UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!!

Pepper_123

I have a feeling it will be the original team SDG with the temporary characters like always but as long as we get to play as riku every now and then I'll be a very happy bunny. I also personally think that they should keep the team as a trio cause if there is too many people on the screen that you have to cure and that are doing there own things it may get tiresome and distracting lol

Wave57

Awards
I want SDG no matter what, with the 4th team member being a character specific to that world like it has always been. Then with some moment of the game playing as another character. Riku, Lea, Kairi, Ventus, Terra, and Aqua come to mind.

After you beat the game on _____ difficulty, I want something similar to reverse/rebirth where you play another characters version of the story. Riku, Kairi, Lea, Ventus, Aqua and Terra all come to mind for having a side story. DLC would be a great way to go about doing this.

Regarding Riku's story, I'd like his party member to be Mickey, Aqua when the save her, and the Disney character particular to that world.

Lea and Kairi is hard to guess since we don't know much past that they will be trained to be keyblade wielders. The best guess I have is that they will be paired together with some third character.

Edit: Also, a crazy idea I had would be to play as an evil character, such as Master Xehanort, Saix, or Vanitas would be really cool. This would also add more story that we wouldn't normally be able to see.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I would like to see a 2 party member system. HWHAT? BLASPHEMY ADFJKSA-

Yeah that may seem weird, but my own personal hopes for KH3 are just that, even if i don't think it'll happen. Sora and Riku fighting their way through trouble, etc. By Making that one party member's AI significantly higher than what we've previously seen, it could work. Also the ability to switch between the two sounds fun. Think KH 3D, but without having to drop and they're together all the time.

Now what do I THINK will happen? Hmm, well it'll probably be the regular 3 party system since KH2's is the core of the game. I think however they could add multiple "world-centric" party members that you could choose from. For example, in Land of Dragons, you could switch out Donald and Goofy for Mulan and Shin

The FF XV concept is something i'd have to see in action first before i can comment on it's effectiveness

kupo1121

Awards
I'm all for a 2-party system. I don't think KH NEEDS either a solo or a 3-party team. When we take out a summon, it's sort of like having a 2-party system for a while and I think it works. Plus, it wouldn't be so bad to change things up every once in a while. I understand trios are important to KH as are the numbers 13 and 7 but I think it can work if we break the rule at least once ;)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't mind the two man party system idea either, especially if you can assign who those two members are. (like Riku & Aqua or Sora & Goofy etc.)

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I'm all for a 2-party system. I don't think KH NEEDS either a solo or a 3-party team. When we take out a summon, it's sort of like having a 2-party system for a while and I think it works. Plus, it wouldn't be so bad to change things up every once in a while. I understand trios are important to KH as are the numbers 13 and 7 but I think it can work if we break the rule at least once ;)

I wouldn't mind the two man party system idea either, especially if you can assign who those two members are. (like Riku & Aqua or Sora & Goofy etc.)

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think that people here would like the idea, considering so many advocated a larger party system.

Also for the idea to work, this will require KH3 to build upon KH2's party ability system. That means effectively making the level up, ability and stat boosting parts of the character fully customizable by the player. Party member command decks too, maybe

Gram

Banned
Awards
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think that people here would like the idea, considering so many advocated a larger party system.

Also for the idea to work, this will require KH3 to build upon KH2's party ability system. That means effectively making the level up, ability and stat boosting parts of the character fully customizable by the player. Party member command decks too, maybe
It's for the same reason I'm surprised anyone even mentioned the idea. xD

You make the idea sound better and better~ Would this mean each character is completely customizable or that they'd all share the abilities and magic etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back