• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

I would hope so. I just hope she doesn't remain *princessy*

[video=youtube;pOCzyVM5lzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOCzyVM5lzQ[/video]
Man I forgot how hot Hayden is.

I love all of the Japanese voice actors, they're brilliant. :3
same here, but I can never understand what they say :/

I guess David Gallagher will voice young Xehanort, or is it going to be Epcar?
I thought David voiced YoungMX in BBS?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

YX was voiced by David Gallagher and Mamoru Miyano in BBS. It appears in this new trailer that YX has a new voice actor so I believe they will get a new person to do his voice in English as well.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

YX was voiced by David Gallagher and Mamoru Miyano in BBS. It appears in this new trailer that YX has a new voice actor so I believe they will get a new person to do his voice in English as well.
I like the idea of David Gallagher voicing him though.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

As I said before it sounds like Tatsuhisa Suzuki.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Maybe Yuri Lowenthal would do.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

He's a bit overexposed, isn't he? I love Yuri Lowenthal, though. They'll probably get an actor rather than a voice actor, though :\

jmartin912

If Aqua were to return, what do you guys think about Ali Hillis or Michelle Ruff playing her voice? Willa Holland was good . . .Her voice just didn't fit Aqua. Not saying they WILL use those people just it's who I would like to see play her.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

He's a bit overexposed, isn't he? I love Yuri Lowenthal, though. They'll probably get an actor rather than a voice actor, though :\
He does have a connection with Square Enix since he was in the remake of FFIV, though, so if any professional voice actor has a shot at getting into KH, he'll be among them.

But, yeah. On the whole, English castors for KH like recruiting name stars and Disney youth, particularly for their main characters. The former can be lucrative, the latter is usually underwhelming. Then again, Xehanort's entities seem to be something of an exception to the rule; Richard Epcar was recast for Ansem SoD, Paul St. Peter for Xemnas...well, then Nimoy for Master Xehanort himself, breaking the trend. I guess Young Xehanort is totally up in the air, assuming Gallagher doesn't voice him.

Wait, I've got it. Shia LaBeouf. We've all been waiting for him to show up in KH, right? ;D

If Aqua were to return, what do you guys think about Ali Hilis or Michelle Ruff playing her voice? Willa Holland was good . . .Her voice just didn't fit Aqua. Not saying they WILL use those people just it's who I would like to see play her.
Please, no. Willa Holland was just great as Aqua and I would like to see her stick with the role. I hate recasting in general, but in this case, I think it would be disastrous. Holland has a very particular voice, dark but not brooding, restrained, carefree and still very feminine, which I think contributes to Aqua's character so well. Michelle Ruff would just play the role flat, and I think Ali Hillis would sound forced, although I would rather Hillis play the role than Ruff if it came down to it.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If Aqua were to return, what do you guys think about Ali Hillis or Michelle Ruff playing her voice? Willa Holland was good . . .Her voice just didn't fit Aqua. Not saying they WILL use those people just it's who I would like to see play her.
Willa Holland was fine. She's an actress, she's not use to displaying emotion through her voice without being seen. She just needs some time to work on it. Jesse McCartney use to be the same.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What about a JoBro?

Recast BBS, excluding Jesse McCartney, please :)

Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy are perfect. :< No changing them. Honestly, give Willa and Jason a chance. They just need practice since BBS was their first foray into VA work. Like Chaser said, Jesse used to be like that and now look! Most of his work is voice acting!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Willa Holland was fine. She's an actress, she's not use to displaying emotion through her voice without being seen. She just needs some time to work on it. Jesse McCartney use to be the same.
Some people, including a lot of voice actors, also don't seem to understand that just because you're voice acting doesn't mean you have to exert emotion like you're trying to shout it out with your voice. Holland knows the meaning of restraint and she plays her voice very naturally (you can see this when placed in opposition to Jason Dohring, who is just flat and has to be fed an emotion by the script to instill any in his voice, although he was strangely and markedly improved in Blank Points).

Then again, in most of the voice acting community, actors like Todd Haberkorn and Vic Mignogna are considered celebrity, so I guess I'm in the minority with my thoughts.

jmartin912

Just a possibility . . . I thought Willa was great. Just some ideas :) I would still love to see Ali Hillis somewhere in the role, even if it were for a Disney character xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Or they just put Lightning in the game and solve the issue 8D
I see Lightning and Firion having chances for 3D if they put FF characters in.

Ali would not suit a Disney character.

I still wants ma Naya Rivera :|

jmartin912

Or they just put Lightning in the game and solve the issue 8D

Yeah . . . But I've kind of lost all hope of new Final fantasy characters appearing in future kingdom hearts installments. So . . . Sorry if my Ali fandom is annoying. XD haha.

Back