• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

What do you guys think of HJO as Vanitas? You think he pulled it off or not?

From what I saw, HJO made vanitas' voice obnoxious, cocky, confident, and pretty darn dark. I havnt seen the ending when he fuses with ven, but from what I saw I think he did a decent job.

Dude, all of those need to be in spoiler tags.

Anyway, Vanitas's VA did better than I expected actually. I only heard a few of his lines but I think he pulled it off.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I'm so lost here. How does everyone know that Hayden is back for bbs? I'm lost cuz it says on the first page that only Alyson is back...

Because BBS is being streamed by a bunch of people. If you watch the end credits, it says Hayden is playing as Kairi. Raz just forgot to change it because she assumed Alyston was playing Kairi as well.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
[video=youtube;c2oy83deL8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2oy83deL8w&feature=sub[/video]

love Braig's lines

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Isn't that what spoiler tags are for though?

But now there is an entire spoiler thread. Easier to talk freely when we don't have to look at black squares. Iw will be moved out of Spoilers after the game has been out for a week or so, I imagine. So does it matter?

sonickenshin

Awards

What do you guys think of HJO as Vanitas? You think he pulled it off or not?

From what I saw, HJO made vanitas' voice obnoxious, cocky, confident, and pretty darn dark. I havnt seen the ending when he fuses with ven, but from what I saw I think he did a decent job.
I've seen the final scenes with him in Aqua's ending. He really pulled it off. One of my favorite performances in the game, actually.

What got me most is Master Xehanort. I didn't expect to enjoy his performance as I did. Bret Iwan's Mick is my top favorite though. Simply cause. He just did a good job on him. It's like Wayne Allwine in his prime.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
for refrence

[video=youtube;iWNXPXrcM-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWNXPXrcM-s[/video]

[video=youtube;QLUvyQUi7a0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLUvyQUi7a0[/video]

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
This is in the spoilers section now? Odd but whatever...

I'm not going to try and spoil all the voices too much though (that Venitas video is really tempting me right now) so that I still have something new to look forward to.

Sempied

But now there is an entire spoiler thread. Easier to talk freely when we don't have to look at black squares. Iw will be moved out of Spoilers after the game has been out for a week or so, I imagine. So does it matter?
That bad reasoning/just being lazy at not wanting to a spoiler tag in. Until it is moved out the notion that it was will be acknowledged as a dumb of move of KHI until then.

Ryune

Okay. I love love LOVE how, from what I've seen so far, the others of the Nobodies are that much more expressive and vivacious. It really drives home the idea that the nobodies really DON'T have hearts, and are just acting on memory and instinct. There's so much life and spirit in Braig's voice, it's fantastic.

And Nimoy as MX has to be the best casting choice ever, my god.

sonickenshin

Awards

I've seen the final scenes with him in Aqua's ending. He really pulled it off. One of my favorite performances in the game, actually.

What got me most is Master Xehanort. I didn't expect to enjoy his performance as I did. Bret Iwan's Mick is my top favorite though. Simply cause. He just did a good job on him. It's like Wayne Allwine in his prime.
Some more impressions

Terra - Hit or miss. The voice works for the character, but the actor doesn't pull off the changes this character goes through and I found it really, really hard to relate to the character as much as I used to. He does fantastic in some scenes, like the ending. However, when he's with Disney characters, his acting just really sticks out as bad.

Aqua - Surprisingly? I enjoyed her performance. I just can't hate her anymore, and I admittedly tried to hate her just because of the bad impression I got from her. But, she pulls off the character nicely.

Ventus - I enjoyed his Ventus a lot more than Roxas, and what surprises me that he made Ven sound a lot more energetic and innocent than Roxas.

Eraqus - Mark Hamill is always excellent. This character is no exception.

Braig and the Organization Members -Like the above poster mentioned, it's cool that the VAs on them made them seem more lively.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
[video=youtube;7ODq7HM-Uqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ODq7HM-Uqg[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back