• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I know what he sounds like, but I've yet to see any of the English trailers. lol

...? Where have you been the past few months? You've never seen a single English trailer? TO YOUTUBE! (plays Adam west Batman music)

MomentoMori said:
In my dorky mind:

Eraqus = Luke Skywalker = LOL

I don't know if I'll be able to take him seriously. |'D

Yeah, especially with his "Fear leads to obsession with power... and obsession beckons the darkness." line.

Sempied

I know I have said this a lot in the past... but this really reminds me of the Sonic fanbase.
So about those new LA VA's.....

Nah, but seriously, the only real voices people seem to fully agree on in the fanbase that are "the worst" are Mena Suvari, and arguably Alyson Stoner.

Just out of curiosity, which forum would that be?
Gamespot ravishes Terra VA to a pulp.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Nah, but seriously, the only real voices people seem to fully agree on in the fanbase that are "the worst" are Mena Suvari, and arguably Alyson Stoner.

Eh, Alyson had her moments. I have to say, I didn't really like many of her lines other than her gameplay grunts, giggles, and the death scene. Everything else was kinda meh.

Gamespot huh? -goes off to check it out-

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Yeah, especially with his "Fear leads to obsession with power... and obsession beckons the darkness." line.

:cue Death Star:

HE'S NOT THAT BAD, DAMMIT.

dawson-crying.jpg

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

So I'm back after checking out the Gamespot forums... I'm not going back there anytime soon. I can't wait until the other trailers come out and erase all the doubt about Terra's VA.

Sempied

I don't like Gamespot forums at all. Everytime I read one of their posts it feels like I'm reading a youtube comment. :/
I'm actually a member there to. Out of all the things I see there they've liked Willa Holland from the beginning (Even liked the fruit speech), find Vanitas VA as the god of the VA cast, always HATED Terra's VA from square one, and go easily off topic. Of course the trolls on the board apply as well.

:cue Death Star:

HE'S NOT THAT BAD, DAMMIT.

dawson-crying.jpg
I never said he was. I have heavy doubts based on the content released thus far, but still have shreds of hope left for the guy. I still find him easily better than what I thought of Alyson Stoner, and Mena combined.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

complaining about Gamespot forums is like complaining that your foot is dirty after steping in poo

Sempied

I'm sorry but Vanitas's VA is just way too over-rated. I mean, he's not bad but... he sounds far too disinterested. He almost sounds like he's bored when he's saying his lines.
That was kind of the point, both Miyu, and HJO are supposed as Vans personality a first is that to a literal cold bastard - crazy sociopath.

complaining about Gamespot forums is like complaining that your foot is dirty after steping in poo
Say that again after coming back from 4chan. Relax we'll have a therapist, and cookies waiting for you. :|

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

That was kind of the point, both Miyu, and HJO are supposed as Vans personality a first is that to a literal cold bastard - crazy sociopath.

Well there's a difference between being cold and dark and just sounding bored. HJO sounds like he doesn't even want to be voicing Vanitas. It sounds like he's bored when reading the lines and that he's just waiting for the end of the day where he can get his paycheck. With the JAP voice I got more emotion from it and even more excitement from it, even from the colder Vanitas dialogue. This makes sense due to the fact that the JAP Vanitas voice actor apparently wanted to play as a villain and it shows from his voice. But from the English version... something's just off... I know I've been yelled at several times for saying this but to me, Vanitas just sounds emo in English.

But hey, that's just my opinion on it. Not bad... but could've been much better.

Sempied

Well there's a difference between being cold and dark and just sounding bored. HJO sounds like he doesn't even want to be voicing Vanitas. It sounds like he's bored when reading the lines and that he's just waiting for the end of the day where he can get his paycheck. With the JAP voice I got more emotion from it and even more excitement from it, even from the colder Vanitas dialogue. This makes sense due to the fact that the JAP Vanitas voice actor apparently wanted to play as a villain and it shows from the dialogue. But from the English version... something's just off... I know I've been yelled at several times for saying this but to me, Vanitas just sounds emo in English.

But hey, that's just my opinion on it. Not bad... but could've been much better.
Black hair, yellowed eyed Sora Is definitely going to be much more depressing, and "emo". He's supposed to sound like that, if anything i'm glad as it that HJO was able to pull off the slightest bit of cynicism from what we were all anticipating on. By all means I refuse to give any judgment based on 2 damn lines, but i'm still willing to believe he is on the right track thus far.

I don't find him a "God" or anything, every VA thus far is fine.....Except for my doubts remaining on Terra.

sonickenshin

Awards

Well there's a difference between being cold and dark and just sounding bored. HJO sounds like he doesn't even want to be voicing Vanitas. It sounds like he's bored when reading the lines and that he's just waiting for the end of the day where he can get his paycheck. With the JAP voice I got more emotion from it and even more excitement from it, even from the colder Vanitas dialogue. This makes sense due to the fact that the JAP Vanitas voice actor apparently wanted to play as a villain and it shows from his voice. But from the English version... something's just off... I know I've been yelled at several times for saying this but to me, Vanitas just sounds emo in English.

Meh, it's just one line. I'm still reserving judgment.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about Aqua and Terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back