• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempied

Re: Confirmed VAs

The E3 trailer was....well, at the time it was awesome, but then everyone started realizing that the audio was shitty thanks to crappy editing and no sound effects.
The E3 trailer itself was shoddy, and still believed to be early recordings around. Terra himself sounded so much better in there compared to what....He sounded completly off with "You, me, and Ven all share the same dream" "What did I do? What did you do!?" sounded to young for Terra. I've only seen bits of his original of Okiayu, but from wanting it at first of his english voice to reflect his personality, and character more than appearance, but this is is simply off from what i've originally imagined/hoped on

Then again most of Terra heavy scenes are heavy spoilers so i'd like to hope he'll get better in the full game.

Z

Zulkir

Re: Confirmed VAs

The E3 trailer was....well, at the time it was awesome, but then everyone started realizing that the audio was shitty thanks to crappy editing and no sound effects.

They usually use older stuff for trailers don't they? The only thing that sounded bad so far to me was Terra's "What did I do, what did you do" and Aqua talking about the paopu fruit.

Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I dont like some of the translating. "what did you do?" shouldve been kept as "what did you make me do?" it makes more sense. And "put an end to me" shoulve stayed "destroy me" it sounds more dramatic.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I dont like some of the translating. "what did you do?" shouldve been kept as "what did you make me do?" it makes more sense. And "put an end to me" shoulve stayed "destroy me" it sounds more dramatic.

I think it's fine. At least it wasn't as drastically different as

"We must return to free them from their torment." --> "Their hurting will be mended when you return to end it."

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I agree with the "what did you do" thing but I honestly think "Put an end to me" is much better than "destroy me." First it was "erase me" which was an overly complicated way of saying kill me... then he says "destroy me" which is better... but I feel "put an end to me" is more dramatic.

Sign said:
I think it's fine. At least it wasn't as drastically different as

"We must return to free them from their torment." --> "Their hurting will be mended when you return to end it."

Yeah, or "why did he pick you?" Although after BBS, that line actually does kind of make sense. Sort of like why did Terra pick Riku and why the keyblade picked Sora... or maybe not, I dunno.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, or "why did he pick you?" Although after BBS, that line actually does kind of make sense. Sort of like why did Terra pick Riku and why the keyblade picked Sora... or maybe not, I dunno.

Or even the whole Keyblade Master bit with Sora. I'm getting tired of all the people who belittle TAV's abilities by using that as sufficient reasoning that Sora is stronger. I mean really, either it was a mistranslation, or it was just oh so awkward to say "Keyblade hero". Hero =/= Master.

Anyways, since we are in the VA discussion thread... since Terra's had the least amount of screentime and dialogue out of the trio so far in the trailers, and how his story is the most spoilerish (imo)... I think it'll be much better in the game :3

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member

i like all of the voice acting because mainly since i have been waiting for this game patiently i dont want to realize its flaws...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Or even the whole Keyblade Master bit with Sora. I'm getting tired of all the people who belittle TAV's abilities by using that as sufficient reasoning that Sora is stronger. I mean really, either it was a mistranslation, or it was just oh so awkward to say "Keyblade hero". Hero =/= Master.

Personally I think it's just awkward to say "Keyblade hero" although they could've easily said "Keyblade wielder" instead... and I think it's already obvious that TAV is stronger than Sora. Saying otherwise would be like saying a 2 year old knows more math than a wise 30 year old.

As for Terra's VA... to be honest, I don't have a problem with it. The only lines I heard that were awkward were his "Thunder!" and the voices in the Command Board. But in the Command Board EVERYONE sounded awkward (especially Ven's "Thank you!"... that just sounded awful) So far I thought all of his lines were good. I don't know why people call them "emotionless" There's a fine line between "monotone and calm" and "emotionless".

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

I hated Terra's VA during that line the delivery just sounded flat compared to the JAP VA.

Sempied

Personally I think it's just awkward to say "Keyblade hero" although they could've easily said "Keyblade wielder" instead... and I think it's already obvious that TAV is stronger than Sora. Saying otherwise would be like saying a 2 year old knows more math than a wise 30 year old.

As for Terra's VA... to be honest, I don't have a problem with it. The only lines I heard that were awkward were his "Thunder!" and the voices in the Command Board. But in the Command Board EVERYONE sounded awkward (especially Ven's "Thank you!"... that just sounded awful) So far I thought all of his lines were good. I don't know why people call them "emotionless" There's a fine line between "monotone and calm" and "emotionless".
It's not "emotionless" per say to that Cinderella "Strength of heart" line, but that he sounds to young. Especially from the Command Board, and "You, Me, and Ven all share the same dream". People (Haters) have even gone far enough to say Justin Bieber sound better than him. While the haters aside I can agree somewhat on the "Young" part.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

And "put an end to me" shoulve stayed "destroy me" it sounds more dramatic.

I can't stand the use of the word "destroy" in reference to human characters, beyond threats. It sounds too violent - in reference to objects, it tends to refer to things that are completely and utterly irreparable (things that simply are made not to work are just called "broken"), so the connotation it gives tends towards things like being beaten to death/exploded - or, worse, having one's heart annihilated. And, honestly, that's not something anyone would ask of someone else "as a friend" - I'd expect that the implied end Ven is asking for would be quick and leave him generally unmarked. XD;

"Put an end to me" is a bit awkward as a phrasing, but it's in-character awkward rather than out-of-character awkward. Ven's got every reason to beat around the bush, language-wise - he doesn't want to think about the actual dying part of what he's asking, and he probably expects that he'd cause Terra and Aqua even greater pain and make them even more resistant to doing what he asked if he used harsher language. It makes sense for it to be downplayed, because Ven has every reason to downplay it (and the emotion in that scene seems generally pretty subtle, anyway).

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

i have heard the rumor of chritan bale which i think would be amzing but i cant tell from listening
can anyone confrim it

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

It's just a rumor. ;D No one knows who's voicing Terra and it's almost definitely NOT Bale.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It's not "emotionless" per say to that Cinderella "Strength of heart" line, but that he sounds to young. Especially from the Command Board, and "You, Me, and Ven all share the same dream". People (Haters) have even gone far enough to say Justin Bieber sound better than him. While the haters aside I can agree somewhat on the "Young" part.

I can understand him sounding young in the "You, me and Ven, all share the same dream" line since he is supposed to be 4 years younger there but I do agree the command board lines don't sound much like him.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

To me, Terra's VA is just all over the place....sometimes when he is attacking, he sounds completely different to me.

The only line I actually like from Terra so far, is "What did you do. What did you make me do." (I think that's the right dialouge, correct me if I'm wrong)

His voice in that scene, IMO suits him.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

What scene? :eek:

He's referring to the "What did I do? What did you do?" scene in the Gamespot trailer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back