• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

And the problem with the ending is that it made no sense? Why is Batman suddenly being chased down by the law? The public knows it was the Joker and Two-Face that did the killing, what in the world did he do? Why does Gordon say "We have to chase him"? A lot of it made no sense and it just sort of ended... it wasn't a clean ending at all and didn't conclude anything in the movie... it's like they suddenly ran out of budget and forgot to shoot the last scene because it didn't feel like an ending at all. It didn't even feel like a cliff-hanger, it just felt like it... stopped.

But anyway, Terra isn't Bale so it doesn't matter anyway. This is hardly the place to argue about Batman and in the end, it's just going to boil down to one person having a different opinion than the other.

Isn't that because Joker said that if batman isn't dead then he will keep killing people? And the police were trying to kill him or aaah idk

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

But your point on NC's opinion being dumb doesn't really make sense. You're basically saying "If you didn't read the comics then your opinion sucks" which makes no sense whatsoever. Whether you read the comics or not, you can still make fun of the actor.

I was talking about the movie as a whole, but if the NC knew Batman's character better he probably wouldn't think so lowly of his performance and wouldn't let the growl make Keaton's performance better by default.

And the problem with the ending is that it made no sense? Why is Batman suddenly being chased down by the law? The public knows it was the Joker and Two-Face that did the killing, what in the world did he do? Why does Gordon say "We have to chase him"? A lot of it made no sense and it just sort of ended... it wasn't a clean ending at all and didn't conclude anything in the movie... it's like they suddenly ran out of budget and forgot to shoot the last scene because it didn't feel like an ending at all. It didn't even feel like a cliff-hanger, it just felt like it... stopped.

Oh. wow. everything completely went over your head didn't it? Let me spell this out for you.

Firstly, no the public does not know Two-Face was behind the killings. Which is the issue here: If it got out that it was him, Harvey Dent's image as a "white knight" would be ruined and the people of Gotham would lose hope. That was what the Joker wanted, he wanted to destroy Gotham's heroes and if the public finds out, he wins.

That's why Batman volunteered to be "officially" blamed for the murders, because his image can be tarnished. He sacrifices the aid of the police and his entire public image because he cares about keeping the city's morale high, it proves how much of a hero he is, cements his status as a Dark Knight. That was the whole point of the movie.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Whoops, I was way off... anyway Dark Knight was a pretty good. Above Average I guess. But I don't hear the Steve Burton in Terra's voice o.o

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

And the problem with the ending is that it made no sense. Why is Batman suddenly being chased down by the law? The public knows it was the Joker and Two-Face that did the killing, what in the world did he do? Why does Gordon say "We have to chase him"? A lot of it made no sense and it just sort of ended... it wasn't a clean ending at all and didn't conclude anything in the movie... it's like they suddenly ran out of budget and forgot to shoot the last scene because it didn't feel like an ending at all. It didn't even feel like a cliff-hanger, it just felt like it... stopped.

What the firetruck are you talking about?

Nobody knew Harvey Dent killed everyone, that was the firetrucking point of Batman taking the blame. The Joker's plan was to ruin the belief and faith for everyone in Gotham. Harvey Dent was a public hero and to see him fall would have ruined Gotham's faith, allowing Joker to truly install widespread fear throughout all of Gotham. So rather than letting that happen, Batman took the blame for the killings because he is an enigma and nobody would find it too hard to believe that he could do that. He takes the blame because it's the only way to stop Gotham from collapsing.

The last firetrucking scene clarifies everything, so you must have the comprehension skills of a firetrucking mongoose who was beaten half to death. Gordon speaks about how the ability to fix Gotham died along with Dent's reputation, and that the Joker was able to ruin Dent, thus ruining the best Gotham had to offer and successfully removing all hope. But Batman, being the true hero he is, says that they can never know that Dent fell victim, so he takes the blame for the killings. He isn't a hero because he doesn't need to be seen as the public hero, but rather as the hero that the town needs. That's why the police will hunt him: because he's the killer of those people, not Dent. He does it for Gotham.

Hence the line: " Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

You have no firetrucking idea what you are talking about, and I'd appreciate if you could fully understand a story because criticizing it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Will people just ditch the Batman topic already? My opinion on Bale as Batman is not changing. And this topic is "BBS VA DISCUSSION" not "Dark Knight Plot Discussion"

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

ahahaha just leave

No I'm just tired of the argument. It's gone over a page and this topic would get closed when it gets too out of hand.

I've said in multiple posts in my arguments "Let's just drop it!" but you guys kept wanting to argue and potentailly close this thread. If you want to agree on Batman go to the "General Discussion Thread" not here!

Sempied

I can't see Steve Burton as Terra. SE normally doesn't recycle VA's for their own. However he sounds like the only real person that could be it from:

Terra!Bale

Terra!Burton

Terra!Hamill

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Correct = Terra!None-of-the-above

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

If he was a big name, I'm sure SE/Disney/whoever would've included him in their "star studded cast" announcement. It's more likely that he's an actor that generally sticks to voice work, as opposed to dallying on The Gossip Girl and b-movies about "God's wrath" (koff Willa Holland koff).

EDIT He may also be just another soap opera star. :I

Last edited:

Sempied

If he was a big name, I'm sure SE/Disney/whoever would've included him in their "star studded cast" announcement. It's more likely that he's an actor that generally sticks to voice work, as opposed to dallying on The Gossip Girl and b-movies about "God's wrath" (koff Willa Holland koff).
Why're you being such an arse about it?

Those movies have nothing do with how Willa Holland will portray her character as Aqua.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

It was a sarcastic observation made in good humor, and one that is relevant to the topic. C:

And while her past work certainly isn't directly related to Kingdom Hearts, the acting ability sampled therein, combined with what (admittedly little) we know of her performance in BbS, does have to do with this discussion.

Maybe I am being an arse, and I'll own that, but an opinion is an opinion. We're both entitled. <3

Pix

Website
www.twitter.com

Honestly, I am satisfied with the majority of the voice actors. At first I was slightly unhappy with Willa Holland voicing Aqua, because I didn't think that it fit her. But after listening to a few more lines, I like her.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

i don't know why people say megumi sounds sute and willa sounds strong. the battle both sound strong but for me, willa sounds like she's in pain after the end of the screams.

Well, the difference between the two is far less apparent in the battle clips, but I think Willa's version sounds fiercer because she's so clearly pushing herself. The feeling I get is that Megumi tried to keep Aqua's strong-but-sweet personality even for fights sounds, while Willa decided to go for all-out attacking, taking advantage of the fact that Aqua's voice isn't too far from her own.

They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but there's something really appealing about allowing the girl to sound like she'll put a blade through your face if you don't move. >_> Especially 'cause she probably [i]could,[/i] considering the move she pulled on Terra in the Master Qualification Exam... XD

EDIT He may also be just another soap opera star. :I

I kind of doubt he's someone who sticks to voice work, because I'd expect there to be enough videogame and animation fans around here to find some kind of reasonably-similar-sounding clip to compare Terra to if that was the case.

Soap-opera actor is a possibility, I guess. If they wanted to pick someone age-appropriate for Terra, that might have been one of the only options. =/ Any potential matches?

sonickenshin

Awards

Soap-opera actor is a possibility, I guess. If they wanted to pick someone age-appropriate for Terra, that might have been one of the only options. =/ Any potential matches?
Maybe, Keith Ferguson. He certainly yells like him. Kind of sounds like him....kind of....sort of.... .....

State

Awards

The voices are great and all but, they're poorly executed because of poor voice-acting. Screen-acting and voice-acting are two things. Just because some is famous (which in this case, seems like this happened) doesn't make him an awesome voice-actor. NA branch of SE outdid themselves with the selection of actors, that just isn't felt in the voice-acting. It's like this was aimed towards an audience that cared about who were voice-acting, instead of how is that person voice-acting.

This makes me think that the BbS and Star Wars article GameInformer did was taken seriously by NA SE executives.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

This makes me think that the BbS and Star Wars article GameInformer did was taken seriously by NA SE executives.

How? The only Star Wars actor in the game is Mark Hamill (who is also a famous VOICE ACTOR) and voice recording was done long before GameInformers magazine came out.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Maybe, Keith Ferguson. He certainly yells like him. Kind of sounds like him....kind of....sort of.... .....

Marluxia's VA? Nah, I think choosing a VA that also plays an Organization member for anyone other than that character's Other would cause needless confusion.

Plus, he played Basch in FFXII and Gabranth in Dissidia... if they had him as Terra's VA, there's no reason why they wouldn't have him doing a lower-pitched voice.

...actually, that's the case for any VA with a large stock of voices to choose from. If the casting director doesn't give the actors any indication of their characters' personalities, I'd think most VAs would assume that Terra should have a deeper voice given his size. =P

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Imo, the voices are just fine. As much as people keep saying how the dubbing was horribly done for the first real trailer, but yeah, it's the first trailer. There was an interview a while ago for Takahiro Sakurai, Cloud's JP VA. In this, he said that when recording for Advent Children first started, the first thing he was required to do was record the lines for the first trailer. I don't know how SE NA does things over here, but it's entirely possible that the lines recorded for the trailer were the first ones. The dialogue will probably sound different in-game.

Edit: The following part of my post is the result of the stupidity on youtube.

One thing that really annoys me is how people are still complaining about how SE chose such "talentless nobodies who can't act if their lives depended on it" for Terra and Aqua. Ignorant much? It's not like it's a complete secret as to how VAs are chosen for roles. Whoever voices Terra and Willa Holland competed with other VAs for the role, and they were selected amongst them for a reason.

I just had to get that off my chest since I stupidly clicked some vid in someone's sig where someone was commentating on the E3 trailer and spent the entire video complaining about the mystery VA and Willa D:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back