• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The meaning of Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Never trust an anime to teach you Japanese. :X Especially if it's an English dub. Not that I think you're really trying to learn Japanese that way, but yeah... /shuts up.

Never watched an episode of the Naruto dub in my life.

I hadn't heard of that one. /facepalm That's pretty good, even if it doesn't allow for such awesome in-depth crap like Ino.

Yet it adds up with Xehanort's name having a similar anagram, and him being an odd type of existence as well, before we go into him splitting into a Heartless and a Nobody.
Xemnas being the one that brought her in works with this too. He knows what she is and what her true purpose is. Him and Saix discuss her performance in what seems to be extremely meaningful manner.
I truly don't think Xion's Organization name is any hint at all. Namine's name was more of a giveaway with the meaning of Wave in it, but Xion has none of that.

paperbot

If "ino" is slang, that would explain why I can't find it. Although I think they still favor "buta". *shrugs*

"No I" is the more "Kingdom Hearts" like choice. Ino would be a Final Fantasy type name where there would be some multiple backgrounds influencing the character's story.

My vote has officially changed to "No I", if only for the purpose of what the pattern seems to be in Kingdom Hearts games.

xxSilence

I agree with the "No I" name concept.
It fits with what we've seen so far about Xion and how she doesn't really have a "true" identity

AeroKeyblade

Xion joined the Organization before Chain of Memories. The chances of her being made from Sora's Memories is just about nonexistent.

Not to argue but wasn't that namine who was "born" b4 KH: CoM?
And if I am wrong were did you get that info from? Sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean it in a rude way.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not to argue but wasn't that namine who was "born" b4 KH: CoM?

Yes, she was, but why would that change anything?

And if I am wrong were did you get that info from? Sorry if I sound rude. I don't mean it in a rude way.

Info came from the Days trailers, showing us all the members being present when Xion came in. It would be at least during CoM if not before altogether that she was born, and even if she was born during CoM - I still find it highly unlikely Memories are what she's made of.

AeroKeyblade

Yes, she was, but why would that change anything?

Info came from the Days trailers, showing us all the members being present when Xion came in. It would be at least during CoM if not before altogether that she was born, and even if she was born during CoM - I still find it highly unlikely Memories are what she's made of.

Sorry, I forgot what i meant. I think i thouhgt you mixed them up... sorry :cry:

Oh that makes sense :D

DearlyKH

Since so many of the key characters have some sort of meaning to their names [example: Terra = Earth , Namine = Wave, Sora = Sky] does Xion ,or maybe an anagram of Xion, have same sort of meaning to it?

I was wondering because maybe it would help us get a sense in who Xion truely is.

I hear that Xion has a deep meaning.
Get rid of the letter X and you have Ion.
Rearrange Ion to No I (her real name)
I can also mean one.
Xion can mean No One

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I hear that Xion has a deep meaning.
Get rid of the letter X and you have Ion.
Rearrange Ion to No I (her real name)
I can also mean one.
Xion can mean No One
Welcome to KHI~!

This thread and discussion are 5 years old and we do not allow bumping of old threads so I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back