• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The meaning of Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luckyfelix

I'd have to go with the "ion" theory. An ion is "an electrically charged atom or group of atoms formed by the loss or gain of one or more electrons", which basically means it's just a different version of the same atom.

So maybe Xion is just a different version of Kairi, give or take a few personality traits?

Just a thought~

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I second the Xion = Aqua notion >:3~ and size means nothing. XH turned Riku's Body into his own, which was twice as big as Riku's was originally. We just had the reverse go on here under whatever circumstances.

That aside, I also support the "No I" anagram for her name. Especially in light of her identity crisis, it adds up to me her name minus the X wouldn't give a name, but a meaning, much like Xehanort's.

evilspirite_xiv

Ino which mean the goddess of sea and the goddess of white . some how it show more connection to Aqua than to Kairi

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Mabe a letter from each of their names was used to make Xion's name. The i from Kairi, The o from Sora, and the e from Namine... it's just a guess.

Why would Namine be part of the anagram. Namine is Kairi's Nobody so Namine shares Kairi's identity. I think that if Xion's name is an anagram, that it would be an agagram of Ion. Though I think that Xion isn't an anagram at all. I third the Xion=Aqua notion.

contestimulation

Somebody on the forums said that Ino means linked, or connected, or more then 1, or something similar to that.

I found a few qoutes from Kingdom Hearts Characters we all know and love, that are in Kingdom Hearts Insider.

Twilight Town.
In the pod room Sora sleeps.
Namine: If it's connected to another memory, surely she can't endure it
Diz: She?

They are most likely talking about Xion, my guess is that she was born from Sora's memories, with a little bit of Kairi mixed in.

Xion: How can two people be the same?

She is probably talking about Roxas and herself, seeing as they are both from Sora.

Riku defeats Xion, she is fallen over, the keyblade that left her hand disappears.
Xion: You say this keyblade is a fake...? Don't say such a selfish thing!

Because she is a part of Sora, she can wield a keyblade, but because she is not a direct Nobody/Heartless from Sora and is from Kairi, she wields a fake(ish) Keyblade. And we all gotta belief in Riku cuse he is da man.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
STwilight Town.
In the pod room Sora sleeps.
Namine: If it's connected to another memory, surely she can't endure it
Diz: She?

They are most likely talking about Xion, my guess is that she was born from Sora's memories, with a little bit of Kairi mixed in.

Xion joined the Organization before Chain of Memories. The chances of her being made from Sora's Memories is just about nonexistent.

Xion: How can two people be the same?

She is probably talking about Roxas and herself, seeing as they are both from Sora.

The Kairi that came from Sora is Namine, not Xion.

Riku defeats Xion, she is fallen over, the keyblade that left her hand disappears.
Xion: You say this keyblade is a fake...? Don't say such a selfish thing!

Because she is a part of Sora, she can wield a keyblade, but because she is not a direct Nobody/Heartless from Sora and is from Kairi, she wields a fake(ish) Keyblade. And we all gotta belief in Riku cuse he is da man.

Actually, Riku has more than enough reasons to be untruthful in the matter, ranging from objective lack of knowledge to a subjective will not to believe anyone else has a Keyblade, let alone a Kingdom Key.
And Xion probably got her Keyblade from where she got her looks, and if we say that's only from Sora's Memories and not Sora himself (there is a difference since it differs her from Namine and Roxas), it all adds up nicely, the fake part included.

paperbot

In Greek mythology, Ino was a mortal queen who became a goddess. (Reading is a good thing, kids.) Wikipedia says nothing about what she's a goddess of, water or otherwise.

Xion ≠ Aqua. They're going to be in two seperate games, Xion in 358 and Aqua in Birth by Sleep. Nothing has been said to imply that there's going to be any connection between the two.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Coded, BBS and Days are connected. Established and based.
TAV = insanely powerful factor in the story to come, both retrospective games as well as future ones. Obvious and logical.
Namine was in a completely separate game than Kairi in CoM compared with KH1. That didn't stop her from being Kairi's Nobody as revealed in KH2.
And then, of course, we have Nomura just about smugly inform us that they hardly revealed anything of true importance in the trailers. What did we see in the trailers? Xion thinking she's Kairi's Nobody because of her looks, and even then - it's not really what we got to see.
We know nothing about Aqua. We know nothing of true importance about Xion. For all purposes and causes, we can't say with outmost certainty that they're unrelated, not even once we play both BBS and Days - and maybe not even Coded, which is the earliest point in which the two can be properly connected, imo.

paperbot

Coded, BBS and Days are connected. Established and based.
TAV = insanely powerful factor in the story to come, both retrospective games as well as future ones. Obvious and logical.
Namine was in a completely separate game than Kairi in CoM compared with KH1. That didn't stop her from being Kairi's Nobody as revealed in KH2.
And then, of course, we have Nomura just about smugly inform us that they hardly revealed anything of true importance in the trailers. What did we see in the trailers? Xion thinking she's Kairi's Nobody because of her looks, and even then - it's not really what we got to see.
We know nothing about Aqua. We know nothing of true importance about Xion. For all purposes and causes, we can't say with outmost certainty that they're unrelated, not even once we play both BBS and Days - and maybe not even Coded, which is the earliest point in which the two can be properly connected, imo.

I didn't mean the games weren't connected. Of course they are. I meant Xion and Aqua.

It was stated at the press conference during which she was revealed that Xion is strongly connected to Kairi and Namine. It's yet to be determined if Aqua is "strongly linked" to the three (other than her name meaning "water", bearing an uncanny resemblance, hanging out with two boys, and having a link to Xemnas [in FM+ he obsessed over Aqua's armor]).

And I know I'm late to this, but since when has "ino" meant "pig" in Japanese? "Ino" (いの) means "of it".

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Namine at the time was said to not be related to Kairi, or so I heard.
And for all purposes and means, Xion being ruled by Sora and Roxas's Memories would make her related to Kairi and Namine - Kairi because those are at least in part Sora's Memories of hers, and Namine - simply because of Sora's Memories playing a part.
That does not mean a direct relation between the girls though, or that Xion is Kairi's Nobody.

Ino, as a word, means pig, when written in Kanji.

paperbot

Ino, as a word, means pig, when written in Kanji.
Saying "written in Kanji" means nothing to pronounciation because kanji does not [directly] dictate how a word is said. One character could be pronounced multiple ways. Hiragana and katakana are the pronounciation alphabets. Having that said, this is a search for "pig". There is いのこ (inoko) and いのこへん (inokohen) as radicals, but that doesn't mean "ino" means "pig". On the other hand, this is a search for いの (ino) itself, which brings back things like "pray" and "wish" as stems of the verb いのる (inoru). (The "ru" part usually makes a word a verb in basic Japanese.)

I think that far more likely than "pig", which I still haven't found to be the meaning of "ino". I could be wrong (stranger things have happened and my Japanese is somewhat rusty), and if I am I'll apologize for getting off-topic.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nomura has a habit of not writing his characters' names in Kanji, nor state one meaning over the other.
Hence, while meaning "Ocean" and "Land", Kairi (カイリ) and Riku's (リク) names can just as easily mean "Separation" and "The pain of Separation" depending on the Kanji you pick for them.
Also, Kairi can mean "beaver".
Assuming Xion's real name is Ino (which I personally don't believe to be the case), "pig" might not be the main meaning behind it (much like "Separation" and "Beaver" are to Kairi), but that doesn't mean it's wrong under the correct context - even if it's just for fanservice.

paperbot

Nomura has a habit of not writing his characters' names in Kanji, nor state one meaning over the other.
Hence, while meaning "Ocean" and "Land", Kairi (カイリ) and Riku's (リク) names can just as easily mean "Separation" and "The pain of Separation" depending on the Kanji you pick for them.
Also, Kairi can mean "beaver".
Assuming Xion's real name is Ino (which I personally don't believe to be the case), "pig" might not be the main meaning behind it (much like "Separation" and "Beaver" are to Kairi), but that doesn't mean it's wrong under the correct context - even if it's just for fanservice.
My basic point is that I have yet to see "ino", be it in hiragana or katakana, mean "pig".

I like "Ino" better than "Ion" or "Oni", really, as if my opinion would have any effect on what her name would really turn out to be. I do think that if it was "Ino", it would have some kind of relation to the Greek goddess I mentioned earlier (plus having to do with wishes due to its being the root of the verb inoru) where she was mortal and then became immortal. It would open up a link to Xion having been nothing then becoming something, or something along those lines.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, this just might be Naruto's fault. There's a character in there called Ino, and she's often insulted as being a pig.
Blame that if you never find any proof of the word meaning that.

Personally, I still support the "No I" anagram. Not gonna stop saying it. Adds up far too well.

paperbot

Well, this just might be Naruto's fault. There's a character in there called Ino, and she's often insulted as being a pig.
Blame that if you never find any proof of the word meaning that.
Never trust an anime to teach you Japanese. :X Especially if it's an English dub. Not that I think you're really trying to learn Japanese that way, but yeah... /shuts up.

Personally, I still support the "No I" anagram. Not gonna stop saying it. Adds up far too well.
I hadn't heard of that one. /facepalm That's pretty good, even if it doesn't allow for such awesome in-depth crap like Ino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back