• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Living Legacy - a Naruto fanfiction preview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess of KH

So this is the preview for my Naruto ff...
I dedicate it to: those who knew it was coming & waited ever so patiently for it, & my Naruto-loving best friend who is a great help to me when i write (she doesn't have a profile on this site).
I know the title sounds like it should belong to somehting from final fantasy 7, but i thought about this title for a long time & i feel that it suits the ff very well. It'll make sense throughout the actual ff.
The actual ff won't come till later...however long 'later' may be away, idk. I hope you guys like this preview, though!
Here it is...enjoy!

She had to lure him away. She couldn’t let him get back to the village.
“Run. You can go faster than this. Run, Narinaki. Have to get him away from Konoha.”
In the back of her mind, despite the hope she could escape him, she knew this would be the end of her. He’d catch up to her, and then…
She was shaken from her thoughts when she noticed she was coming towards a clearing. That meant she’d have to face him in a fight, or she’d have to keep running. Knowing she couldn’t keep him in a chase too much longer, she decided that when she reached the clearing, she would face him.
The clearing came faster than she wished it would’ve. She jumped down on the ground and turned around slowly. Her surroundings were so peaceful; it seemed coincidental to her that she was in such an atmosphere when she was about to have the most violent fight of her life.

“Why did you drag me all the way out here?”
She turned around quickly and saw him there, behind her, only a few yards away. She didn’t expect it, but he didn’t surprise her. “Why did you follow me all the way out here?” She slowly and silently unsheathed her long katana.
“You intend to engage in battle with me?” he asked. A mocking smile grew on his mouth. He got his answer from her when she silently moved into her fighting stance. “You know you will die here. Why would you give your life for your village?”
“My family…my friends…I love them. I’d die to save even only one of them. Just because you’re cruel enough to watch the people who loved you die doesn’t mean I am.”
The emotion she saw on his face was one she hadn't seen on him before; it stayed just long enough for her to identify it. Confusion. Then it was gone, and was replaced with the mocking smile.

“Look at your life. Look at my life. We have quite a bit in common. We both excelled at an incredible and unheard of rate. We both are gifted in ways people cannot explain. We both learned as much as we could in Konoha. We both reached our limit there. There is a difference in our lives, though: you have not yet made the choice to leave Konoha.”
“Yes, that’s one difference, but there’s a bigger one: I’m not cruel enough to let the people who love me die, let alone be the reason for their deaths. And I don’t need to leave Konoha,” she seethed. She was mad. Mad at him, for all he’d done, all he was doing, and all he would inevitably do. Mad at his partner, for what he had done to her family. Mad at herself, for knowing she was too weak to defeat her new opponent. And mad at fate, for it suddenly choosing to let her die in such a way as this. But if this was what fate chose for her in her last moments, then she was going to fight it up until her heart stopped beating.

“You could be so much more. Konoha should not have to be the limit for ones such as us. You know what they say: The sky’s the limit,” he said with a voice that Narinaki imagined was what a smirk would sound like.
“It may be the limit for you…” Streams of white chakra swirled around her. The chakra radiating from her body started to become visible. Six white wings formed on her back and unfurled. “…but it isn’t for me.”
His expression of confusion was swallowed by an evil grin. “You’ve brought this upon yourself. Today, Narinaki Haruka, you die.”
“As do you, Itachi Uchiha.”

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
That was really awesome!
And you decide to bring the cliffhangers here, too? lol XD
But anyways, it was great. I hope you could continue with this fanfiction!

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
I think I like your KH fic better, but it's still not bad... I will just have to wait and see how it develops, don't I? Post the first chapter some time.

Btw, you do know this is the wrong section? It should be in fanfiction, not creative writing...

Last edited:

Princess of KH

0_0...i had no idea this was the wrong section! i am SO sorry guys!
if you tell me how to switch it over (if that's even possible...) i'll do it. but idk how to do any of that.
glad you guys liked it!
i hope it meets your expectations once the actual ff gets going, Lectori.

Princess of KH

Yay! someone switched it over for me! thanks to whoever did so!

glad you guys all liked it. i'm afriad that the actual ff won't be up here for a while. i don't want to put it up & then make you guys wait forever inbetween my chappie posts. i feel bad when i do that.

i'll let you guys know when it's coming, though, k?

Princess of KH

glad to hear!
i'm almost done writing the first part, so...it may be up soon, depending on how things go.
i've also got some artowork i've done for this, although only a few pics.

Princess of KH

i've decided that i won't be starting up this ff until my KH ff is finished, which shouldn't be too long...i'm expecting it to be finished by the end of summer at tops.
however, the end of Naruto apparently isn't terribly far off. though it takes a few years to even get out a few volumes, from what Kishimoto has said (something like "the end of Naruto is in view"), the series is coming to an inevitable close sooner or later. idk how many years that will be, but i've had the idea of waiting till the series is over to start putting this ff up. i love twists and try my hardest to incorperate(sp?) shocks in my ffs, and i've been trying particularly hard to make this the best ff so far...it only has my KH ff to compete with so it has a good chance of winning lol. i hate the idea of waiting though cause lord only knows how long it'll be until the series ends (lord also knows i don't want the series to end lol). so...unless someone will protest in rage (i highly doubt it), i won't wait for the end of the series and will start putting the story up (hopefully) by the latter months of this year. i'm pretty sure it'll turn out just fine without knowing how the series ends.
i'll put up another preview by july, definately. unless some unforseen unfortunate event prohibits me from being able to, which is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back