• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Legend of Zelda | Breath of the Wild

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Re: The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

[video=youtube;dyBFAX4SDEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc[/video]

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

So apparently Eiji Aonuma commented that the timeline will be completely disregarded with the development of future Zelda titles.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

So apparently Eiji Aonuma commented that the timeline will be completely disregarded with the development of future Zelda titles.
I'm 100% good with this. I just want fun Zelda games to play; and never really needed all of them to adhere to a large chart of branching timelines or the like.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I'm 100% good with this. I just want fun Zelda games to play; and never really needed all of them to adhere to a large chart of branching timelines or the like.

My thoughts exactly. You can pretty much tell this with Breath of the Wild, where they reference every single Hero and race. It's good to have the Rito back after two games without them. Zelda should really be like FINAL FANTASY and be just all about the shared lore.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

My thoughts exactly. You can pretty much tell this with Breath of the Wild, where they reference every single Hero and race. It's good to have the Rito back after two games without them. Zelda should really be like FINAL FANTASY and be just all about the shared lore.

I've been saying this for years. I'm glad Eiji received my letters.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I've been saying this for years. I'm glad Eiji received my letters.

They should have never made a timeline. Less with that idea of a third split that's based on the Hero dying. Lazy work. The timeline should have stayed inside each fan's headcanon/imagination.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
While I did like how the timeline was mainly used to give a vague sense of continuity, I think not having it will give them much more freedom. Still, it would have been insane if they could have somehow used a game to unify all the branches of the timeline back into a single one, or branched out to explain why such continuity will no longer be a thing. Kind of like how OoT explains why there is the initial split in the first place.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
While I did like how the timeline was mainly used to give a vague sense of continuity, I think not having it will give them much more freedom. Still, it would have been insane if they could have somehow used a game to unify all the branches of the timeline back into a single one, or branched out to explain why such continuity will no longer be a thing. Kind of like how OoT explains why there is the initial split in the first place.

There are theories still flying around that Breath of the Wild takes place in the end of the three timelines, and that it's the game that unifies them. Even though Aonuma confirmed that Breath of the Wild takes place more than ten thousand years in the future, and is the most recent game in terms of timeline, but refuses to confirm in what split it takes place, what with them not taking the timeline into consideratino anymore. We could say that, in an artistic sense, the split is no more.

By the way, rumor has it that Link's Awakening will be remade and released this year using the ALBW's engine. Take it with a grain of salt, as all rumors should be taken.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
LA was my first Zelda & one of my fondest gaming experiences so I would be all over a remake even if it was on 3DS again. Speaking of which a few days ago I finally buckled down & bought a N3DS & the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors almost purely for the sake of playing as Marin on the Koholint map (Also my launch 3DS fried last July & I've been needing to replace it).

although I gotta wonder: would it actually be a remake or would it be like ALBW & be a sequel with the same overworld? That would be the more fitting follow up to ALBW.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Dunno if this is related to the game's anniversary, but a limited edition soundtrack was announced. Up until now, it's only been confirmed for Japan, though.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Breath of the Wild: What I think about it (so far)

Hey, KHInsider! I'm super late on this game, as I haven't playing too many games in the past year or so, but after spending forever doing nothing I finally decided to start the new Zelda game everyone was creaming their pants over, Breath of the Wild!

The fun of Breath of the Wild is in the way it frames exploration. Every facet of this world is pulsing with some sort of natural energy, and there is no more satisfying feeling than taking on a puzzle without any knowledge of where you're going to be after you complete it. The way that map collection is built in this game is fun and very challenging, and the environment built around Link does a great job at forcing you to pay close attention to what enemies are doing at all times.

This game employs strategy in every facet of itself, from the shrine puzzles and quests to carefully sneaking up on enemies and hitting their weak points. I knew when I was finally able to scale central tower with five hearts while dodging guardians left and right that this game was not going to handle my hack-and-slash strategy, and I really appreciate it for that, since it is absolutely exhilarating when you get into a combat setting.

I do have several issues with the game, however. Due to it being as open as you want, you could technically walk right up to Ganon and just fight him, but the issue that comes with that is that the way you approach the final battle greatly affects how hard this fight is going to be. I ended up getting twelve hearts, taking out one divine beast, and getting the master sword, and after that first beast the rest of them went down way too easily. Not only is the sword overpowered, but little advantages like gathering durians and cooking them show me that this game might be too exploitable at points. Worse than that, the voice acting and story are pretty basic. I like the bones of the story, but they lack so much substance that the divine beast quest almost seems like a filler side quest for another game. I got from Rito Village to taking down Vah Medoh in like thirty minutes, and that's just way too easy.

There's two things with the controls that I have an issue with. For the most part, they're great and work well enough, but I don't like the placement of the sneak button, as I feel like the joycons are too sensitive when pressed. I have very sweaty hands, so this means that inevitably I will end up going into sneak if I play for an extended period of time. And, as far as I can tell, pressing Y to draw your weapon DOESN'T FUCKING TAKE YOU OUT OF SNEAK IMMEDIATELY!!! WHAT WHY?!

The second thing is the motion controls for some of the shrine puzzles. The motion controls on things such as drawing your bow are great, but the apparatus controls... ugh, ugh, AAH THESE THINGS FUCKING BLOW. You heard it here, folks; the motion controls for the apparatus' in Breath of the Wild are the worst controls in any video game I've ever played. Ever wished that Super Monkey Ball was controlled by tilting your gameboy advance precariously and hopping it? Nooooooooo you say? Well tOO BAD BECAUSE THESE THINGS EXIST AND ARE PROOF THAT THERE IS A GOD AND HE HATES US WITH EVERY PASSING DAY.

Ugh, seriously, those apparatus'... NONE of them work right. ALL OF THEM SUCK. I'd rather get swarmed by a Hyrule's Castle full of Guardians instead of do even one of these things again.

Otherwise, Breath of the Wild is great so far, and I can't wait for when I take down the last beast, complete my shrines, and start to take on Ganon. This game is fantastic, and everyone interested should get it, regardless of the flaws.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Hey, KHInsider! I'm super late on this game, as I haven't playing too many games in the past year or so, but after spending forever doing nothing I finally decided to start the new Zelda game everyone was creaming their pants over, Breath of the Wild!

The fun of Breath of the Wild is in the way it frames exploration. Every facet of this world is pulsing with some sort of natural energy, and there is no more satisfying feeling than taking on a puzzle without any knowledge of where you're going to be after you complete it. The way that map collection is built in this game is fun and very challenging, and the environment built around Link does a great job at forcing you to pay close attention to what enemies are doing at all times.

This game employs strategy in every facet of itself, from the shrine puzzles and quests to carefully sneaking up on enemies and hitting their weak points. I knew when I was finally able to scale central tower with five hearts while dodging guardians left and right that this game was not going to handle my hack-and-slash strategy, and I really appreciate it for that, since it is absolutely exhilarating when you get into a combat setting.

I do have several issues with the game, however. Due to it being as open as you want, you could technically walk right up to Ganon and just fight him, but the issue that comes with that is that the way you approach the final battle greatly affects how hard this fight is going to be. I ended up getting twelve hearts, taking out one divine beast, and getting the master sword, and after that first beast the rest of them went down way too easily. Not only is the sword overpowered, but little advantages like gathering durians and cooking them show me that this game might be too exploitable at points. Worse than that, the voice acting and story are pretty basic. I like the bones of the story, but they lack so much substance that the divine beast quest almost seems like a filler side quest for another game. I got from Rito Village to taking down Vah Medoh in like thirty minutes, and that's just way too easy.

There's two things with the controls that I have an issue with. For the most part, they're great and work well enough, but I don't like the placement of the sneak button, as I feel like the joycons are too sensitive when pressed. I have very sweaty hands, so this means that inevitably I will end up going into sneak if I play for an extended period of time. And, as far as I can tell, pressing Y to draw your weapon DOESN'T diddlyING TAKE YOU OUT OF SNEAK IMMEDIATELY!!! WHAT WHY?!

The second thing is the motion controls for some of the shrine puzzles. The motion controls on things such as drawing your bow are great, but the apparatus controls... ugh, ugh, AAH THESE THINGS diddlyING BLOW. You heard it here, folks; the motion controls for the apparatus' in Breath of the Wild are the worst controls in any video game I've ever played. Ever wished that Super Monkey Ball was controlled by tilting your gameboy advance precariously and hopping it? Nooooooooo you say? Well tOO BAD BECAUSE THESE THINGS EXIST AND ARE PROOF THAT THERE IS A GOD AND HE HATES US WITH EVERY PASSING DAY.

Ugh, seriously, those apparatus'... NONE of them work right. ALL OF THEM SUCK. I'd rather get swarmed by a Hyrule's Castle full of Guardians instead of do even one of these things again.

Otherwise, Breath of the Wild is great so far, and I can't wait for when I take down the last beast, complete my shrines, and start to take on Ganon. This game is fantastic, and everyone interested should get it, regardless of the flaws.

Lol, I still dont have a Switch, I just got enough money to get one but it coincided with my final finals. Now that I am done for good, this and Splatoon 2 are first on my list, followed by Mario Odyssey. So I am even later than you, but not by choice either ha.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Game Boy Color De-Make

I LOVE these type of projects! "Demakes", are what they're usually called. I wonder whatever happened to the NES demake of FINAL FANTASY VII.

This does look really nice, I am still nostalgic for that kinda style.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Also, Nintendo did a job posting for a Zelda project. I think it was dungeon design. This could confirm that they're working on a Zelda game (could be a big one or a small project), and that they've taken fan response towards the "dungeons" in BOTW being boring and uninspired when compared with previous titles (although they did a better job with the second DLC they released).

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Dark Horse to publish The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Creating a Champion in November 2018
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Book contents will include: "...nearly 50 pages of sketches and official illustrations from Takumi Wada, 296 pages of design artwork and commentary about the making of the game from the creators, a 55-page historical section that divulges the history of Hyrule as it is known in-game, and interviews with key members of the development team..."

So basically if you like companion books like Hyrule Historia, this is right up your alley.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
New 2DSXL announced!

New2DSXL_HylianShield_LOZLBW_3_webready_thumb.jpg

New2DSXL_HylianShield_LOZLBW_2_thumb.jpg
New2DSXL_HylianShield_LOZLBW_1_webready_thumb.jpg

Releasing July 2nd! It looks soooo damn cool!!!!! I'm in need of a new 3DS/2DS so I'm heavily considering this. It's also bundled with A Link Between Worlds.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Dark Horse to publish The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Creating a Champion in November 2018
Spoiler Spoiler Show

[FONT=&quot]Book contents will include: "...nearly 50 pages of sketches and official illustrations from Takumi Wada, 296 pages of design artwork and commentary about the making of the game from the creators, a 55-page historical section that divulges the history of Hyrule as it is known in-game, and interviews with key members of the development team..."

So basically if you like companion books like Hyrule Historia, this is right up your alley.
[/FONT]

Dat art do.

New 2DSXL announced!

New2DSXL_HylianShield_LOZLBW_3_webready_thumb.jpg

New2DSXL_HylianShield_LOZLBW_2_thumb.jpg
New2DSXL_HylianShield_LOZLBW_1_webready_thumb.jpg

Releasing July 2nd! It looks soooo damn cool!!!!! I'm in need of a new 3DS/2DS so I'm heavily considering this. It's also bundled with A Link Between Worlds.

I love this much like the Pikachu one, but I don't need a new 3DS still lol.

shady543

Awards
Oh wow that's honestly the best looking Zelda edition. <3

But I already have the Majora's Mask New 3DSXL and ain't swapping it lol.

Sdog

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Book contents will include: "...nearly 50 pages of sketches and official illustrations from Takumi Wada, 296 pages of design artwork and commentary about the making of the game from the creators, a 55-page historical section that divulges the history of Hyrule as it is known in-game, and interviews with key members of the development team..."

Definitely picking this up!

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Oh wow that's honestly the best looking Zelda edition. <3

But I already have the Majora's Mask New 3DSXL and ain't swapping it lol.

I own the same one O/
It's honestly perfect. I love Majora's mask and will never swap it out.

Back