• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The last sentence of the Foreteller Script

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Let's make a speculation topic for a change. I think Nomura dropped this line two times now and when the Famitsu posted an new image of the book from the game with a much shorter message, it got me thinking: maybe we can translate it.

05.jpg

What do we now about the book? It seems to be similar to Yen Sid's tome, probably containing information on every plot device that is still to come. Other than that it's shown when traveling to another world and when the Moogle appears. It has the new heart symbol from the Station of Awakening on its cover and for all we know it may be the Foreteller Script Nomura is talking about.

Book.png

So I made higher resolution images of the three pages that are shown in the game, you can find them here, here and here.

I'm no cryptography expert, but the first step would probably to list every character (sadly there is no font of them in the game files) and then do some counting if this is an actual language or just mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:

SoraNoRyu

Hmm... the most simple script is usually to replace letter with made up ones. So if the number of characters in these scripts were around 50, they might be replacing the Kana, if it's 26, it would be the latin system.

In either way, one could try to assign them by most frequent characters and/or use the shortest sentences as a start.

It will probably be japanese once decoded, though. If at all.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I found only 33 distinct letters yet, so it's probably neither of the two. Also there seem to be too many long words for English sentences.

KHXLanguage.png

I'm not really sure what to make of it, maybe it's really only gibberish. I'm trying to find the word "Heartless/ハートレス" at the moment, as it's probably in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Quartz

Awards
Interesting...Well we'll be the ones to find out first, so we'll see soon enough I suppose.

And Zeke, if anything, that script may be what MX consulted for his research, at least in part

Zeke_Aileron

Frost Vulpeus Keyblade Chevalier
Awards
Dawnbright Town, The empty room of loneliness....
Website
zeke-aileron.tumblr.com
Interesting...Well we'll be the ones to find out first, so we'll see soon enough I suppose. And Zeke, if anything, that script may be what MX consulted for his research, at least in part
If it's something MX consulted for his research, could it still be possible for these Foretellers to be in league with MX in the shadows? assuming this because their Keyblades have the Blue eye... but we won't know until we get that Story bit connected to KHIII as canon, so we'll have to wait and see. Q-Q
Edit: The Blue Eye isn't meant as all of them being evil, because Riku and Terra weren't Evil to begin with, they were just misguided ._.​

Last edited:
Awards
Ooh, this is interesting. The possibility of a tease at Kingdom Hearts III in code?? I'm totally in on trying to translate this. We can start with the list on page 3.

Foreteller's script - Page 3

It has single symbols followed by a period. So the likeliest assumption would be that each symbol is a consecutive number or letter. More often than not, numbers are followed by periods, whereas letters are followed by parentheses. If 33 different symbols were found, than it could still very well be a 26 letter Latin alphabet. that would leave us with 7 more characters, most likely numbers. Since it's a 6 item long list, that could account for most of them.

Also, the symbols starting each line of the list items seem to be paired in the way they look. By the way they are paired, we can possibly assume that the symbol for 0 looks similar to 1; 2 to 3; 4 to 5; 6 to 7; and 8 to 9.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
At first I thought maybe it was Greek, but that only has 24 letters...

It feels like a lot of work done for it to mean absolutely nothing.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
At first I thought maybe it was Greek, but that only has 24 letters...

It feels like a lot of work done for it to mean absolutely nothing.
Maybe they just took a random keyboard from Word or something and then typed random stuff...

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
If they did that, that's basically just asking us to translate it either way. ._.
And then we end up with random letters from wich we cant make any sense... and then we end up thinking we did it wrong... and then we end up doing it all over again... and then we end up with nothing... and then we end up doing it all over again... and that brings us in a endless loop.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
And then we end up with random letters from wich we cant make any sense... and then we end up thinking we did it wrong... and then we end up doing it all over again... and then we end up with nothing... and then we end up doing it all over again... and that brings us in a endless loop.
I can imagine Nomura cackling evilly at the thought of us endlessly trying to translate something that makes no sense. XD

In all seriousness, it is interesting to think about.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I can imagine Nomura cackling evilly at the thought of us endlessly trying to translate something that makes no sense. XD

In all seriousness, it is interesting to think about.

What's more interesting is the actual passage in the script, which you can read here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back