• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The KH 2.5 Voice Actor Dilemma

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Was there a cutscene theatre in KHFM? I don't recall there is, and as far as I know, those scenes have always been unvoiced.

Except when you are talking about KH2FM's new scenes. Those were indeed voiced in the theatre mode, but not in the story.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Was there a cutscene theatre in KHFM? I don't recall there is, and as far as I know, those scenes have always been unvoiced.

Except when you are talking about KH2FM's new scenes. Those were indeed voiced in the theatre mode, but not in the story.

Sorry about that. I meant in KHII Final Mix. In that game, there was Japanese dialogue in the game, but that dialogue only played during the cutscene theater due to the Japanese voice track being out of place with cutscenes before and after with an English voicetrack.

unbound_word

I just remembered: When Riku tells Sora about Roxas, the KH2 Final Mix cutscene that plays after that was used in 358/2 days. They can just put in the archive voicing for that scene.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I just remembered: When Riku tells Sora about Roxas, the KH2 Final Mix cutscene that plays after that was used in 358/2 days. They can just put in the archive voicing for that scene.

I remember that. I just hope that the cutscenes are all voiced in English in the main game.

And also that they don't play "Friends in My Heart" for that scene again like in I.5. Seriously, Roxas or Riku's themes fit so much better.

unbound_word

Riku's is. Roxas is a little saddening, but still interesting. I like Ven, Terra, and Aqua's just as much as Riku's.

Pisceanreve

ok I only read the first page so this is probably no longer relevant, but
I really hope they don't rerecord Brittany Snow's lines!!! She was a great voice actor and she actually channeled all of Namine's gentleness and sweetness whereas Meaghan Martin made her sound snippy and cold at times (and it's no surprise that the actor is said to be like that, too :/ )
Also, Willa was perfect for Aqua! No replacements pleeease!
Replace Terra's VO though; I won't mind that.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Replace Terra's VO though; I won't mind that.

Actually, I really liked Jason Dohring as Terra. I won't deny that there were definite problems with his acting at points, but it seemed like he finally got comfortable with the role closer to the end of the game and really brought Terra to life. So, have Jason rerecord the earlier dialogue so it sounds more natural? I'm all for that. Recast someone else for Terra? No way!

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I feel like this is a non-issue. I honestly can't tell the difference between the voices of Namine. I'd like it if Willa came back for Aqua but if they can find someone just as good if not better then I'm perfectly ok with that too. All I know is, is that if they do re-record all of Namine's lines, they better give Aerith the same treatment and bring back Mandy Moore.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I feel like this is a non-issue. I honestly can't tell the difference between the voices of Namine. I'd like it if Willa came back for Aqua but if they can find someone just as good if not better then I'm perfectly ok with that too. All I know is, is that if they do re-record all of Namine's lines, they better give Aerith the same treatment and bring back Mandy Moore.

I get what you're saying, but those two situations are hardly the same.

Meaghan replaced Brittany as Namine years ago and has been sole VA for the character since then. Because Namine has new lines to record, it makes sense for Meaghan to go back over all of them for the sake of consistency.

However, Mandy isn't the replacement for anyone, nor is she the current voice for Aerith. She was been replaced by Mena Suvari for KH2 and Advent Children, and then Mena herself was replaced by Andrea Bowen since Crisis Core. If Aerith ever makes another appearance, it'll be Andrea who'll be providing the voice.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
In all honesty, even if Meaghan didn't have new lines I would want her to rerecord Brittany's. I always found Meaghan to be the superior at voicing Namine, imo.t

Pisceanreve

A few people to reply to, so I didn't quote anyone...
1. I do like the idea of Terra's VO rerecording his lines actually--with more feeling and direction this time
2. Andrea Bowen is perfection!! She fits Aerith so well! The other two were nice, but Andrea fits the character the best (Zaerith is my OTP, but it is a painful, bittersweet one ~.~)
3. If there are new scenes in kh2 then I guess it's hard to keep Brittany? :(

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
In all honesty, even if Meaghan didn't have new lines I would want her to rerecord Brittany's. I always found Meaghan to be the superior at voicing Namine, imo.t
This is exactly how I feel. Brittany Snow wasn't terrible, but she didn't bring anything to the character. Meaghan Martin, however, brought a lot of charm to Namine.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
The question I have is if they'll use Christopher lee as Diz or have Corey Burton re:Dub him. It all comes down to What Audio Clip they use in an added scene after the Saix battle.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'd say that if they need to record something new instead of reusing an already available audio clip it will be Corey Burton to over 90%.
Sir Christopher Lee seldom leaves England nowadays (only for very special events and then mostly only within Europe) because long travel is too stressful for him at this advanced age.
So if Disney/SE won't arrange for him to record his lines in England (if he even has time, that is!), I'd say he most likely won't be available.

Pestilence

Awards
There are, but there's nothing that he didn't already record for the original Days. There's no reason to replace Lee with Burton for II.

Yeah. I don't know too well how these things work but there is the chance that they don't have permission to reuse his lines or something like that. I don't remember if Days HD had any new lines either yet they rerecorded him? Of course you could say that was either for audio quality reasons or that they wanted to rerecord him for consistency since Burton will be Ansem/DiZ from here on.

I don't think having Burton do the few new lines DiZ has too bad tho if it comes to that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There are, but there's nothing that he didn't already record for the original Days. There's no reason to replace Lee with Burton for II.

Days scenes in KH 2 FM? Huh?
That doesn't add up as Days was made much later than KH 2 FM, so it would be KH 2 FM-scenes appearing in Days, no?

Either way though, if audio already exists, they will probably just take it cuz it also saves money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back