• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the Importance of Key Chains/ Ventus & Vanitas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TredCRS

So I am kinda obsessive about watching the trailers over and over again until I get to actually play the game and upon watching the new TGS2009 trailer for BBS something has come to my attention.
Does anyone happen to notice that not one of the Keyblades in the Keyblade Graveyard have Key Chains? Is it possible that the Key Chain is some outward manifestation of a wielders heart? I mean think about it in KH1 the keyblade that Riku obtained after he fully came into his dark powers (the same outfit Vanitas wears) had no Keychain which at the time I believe that because he was being controlled by a heartless he had no heart at the time. That would also explain why when you equip a keychain that was given to you by a friend that the Keyblade itself would change forms giving an outward apearance closer to the heart of the person that it belonged to....... All those Keyblades no belong to no one, the fallen warriors of the pasts whos hearts are no longer in existance... just some food for though

Also I am not sure if this has been brought up or not but I have been noticing the similarities in the names of Ventus and Vanitas, is it possible that they might be related? Sounds like something you would do if you had twin boys to me....

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
i only notice that nomura got lazy and put alot of fenrir keyblades...
there was like 3 or 4 fenrir =.=

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
wouldnt you? i would 100% not want to design a bunch of keyblades that wont even be used by main characters
to answer your question i didnt really notice anything cause i have only watched it about 3 times.
And people do believe there is a connection between ven and van but not brothers, family means nothing in kh

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
So I am kinda obsessive about watching the trailers over and over again until I get to actually play the game and upon watching the new TGS2009 trailer for BBS something has come to my attention.
Does anyone happen to notice that not one of the Keyblades in the Keyblade Graveyard have Key Chains? Is it possible that the Key Chain is some outward manifestation of a wielders heart? I mean think about it in KH1 the keyblade that Riku obtained after he fully came into his dark powers (the same outfit Vanitas wears) had no Keychain which at the time I believe that because he was being controlled by a heartless he had no heart at the time. That would also explain why when you equip a keychain that was given to you by a friend that the Keyblade itself would change forms giving an outward apearance closer to the heart of the person that it belonged to....... All those Keyblades no belong to no one, the fallen warriors of the pasts whos hearts are no longer in existance... just some food for though

Also I am not sure if this has been brought up or not but I have been noticing the similarities in the names of Ventus and Vanitas, is it possible that they might be related? Sounds like something you would do if you had twin boys to me....

Um..... Nomura hasn't quite got to the whole keyblade thing explained to us yet, but I'm not to sure about this. The keyblade Riku was made from six of the princesses of hearts, so I don't think that was an actual keyblade like the rest. There might be a connectiong to Ventus and Vantitas since it seems to me that they might be related since they seem around the same age and it looks like DS seems to be only messing with Ven currenlty in the trailers. I think u might be partilay right about the keychain thing, but this is just my opinion.

Awards
I believe the keychains are made from memories. I think they can be made artificially though.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
You do know that the movie was concept and they just add keychains to TAV keyblades

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
You do know that the movie was concept and they just add keychains to TAV keyblades
And you do know that he was talking about the latest trailer and not the concept trailers right? In fact, he wasn't even talking about TAV's Keyblades.

crazzyBRY

I believe the keychains are made from memories. I think they can be made artificially though.

IF I agree with you.. Then the owner of the keyblades without the keychains are dead..

If they're dead, they won't have memories =).. so ya :tongue:

TredCRS

Not talking about the concept movie talking about the most recent trailer from TGS 2009 thanks :)

IF I agree with you.. Then the owner of the keyblades without the keychains are dead..

If they're dead, they won't have memories =).. so ya :tongue:
Have you actually seen an owner so far with a keyblade that did not have a keychain? Even the masters have them :p

Last edited by a moderator:

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

In the new trailer there is 3 fenrir and 2 are in the same shot so you know they are not just showing the same one from different angles, there is multiple fenrir.

crazzyBRY

Have you actually seen an owner so far with a keyblade that did not have a keychain? Even the masters have them :p

u didn't get what i said..

if the person with a keyblade is dead.. and his keyblade remains.. then the keychain will disapear..

lol..

and don't double post

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It's already been known for a long time that none of the weapons in the Keyblade Graveyard have Keychains, not to mention it's also been known that the Keychains relate, at the very least, to memories, which are of course strongly related to the Heart.

Sora's Keychains are based on memories, not of the Hearts of those he received them from. Riku's Dark Keyblade was an artificial one, not made in the same way that most others likely are. Plus, he did have a Heart, except it wasn't his, it was that of Xehanort's Heartless.

TredCRS

∞;4565441 said:
It's already been known for a long time that none of the weapons in the Keyblade Graveyard have Keychains, not to mention it's also been known that the Keychains relate, at the very least, to memories, which are of course strongly related to the Heart.

Sora's Keychains are based on memories, not of the Hearts of those he received them from. Riku's Dark Keyblade was an artificial one, not made in the same way that most others likely are. Plus, he did have a Heart, except it wasn't his, it was that of Xehanort's Heartless.

I am interested to know where you heard that the Keychains relate to memories? Where was this said cause I missed it? And I am a stickler for reading new information :p

It was just an idea a deeper meaning to it all there is no need to get defensive in posts people, I dont understand why people are so close minded about new ideas, or is it just closed minded to the ideas they didnt come up with. There has been quite alot that has yet to be explained about the keyblade and its origins, so right now until we see the whole picture all we can do is speculate thats the idea of a Theory there is no reason to try and tear people down for using a little imagination ;)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Because I'm pretty damned sure it's been confirmed. Plus the forms the Keychains give his Keyblade don't necessarily look like the person that 'gave' it to him, but the world or event in question. Someone like Smile or Audo can probably back me up.

I'm not close-minded to new ideas, but I feel a need to rebut something that is false, at least according to what I/we know. That's how everyone works.

TredCRS

I did notice this too and it does seem a bit odd that those Keyblades look like Sora's (look like because Sora's was the same keyblade just changed forms with different key chains) which means there from the future and there in the past ten years in a Keyblade Graveyard.

People say its cause he wasnt gonna create thousands of new keyblades for the scene, in my opinion he didnt have to create thousands of new ones just four or five, cause thats all he did with the old ones was duplicate them and reuse them over and over again so yeah it does seem a bit odd but maybe it has a perpous yet unknown to us...

∞;4565450 said:
Because I'm pretty damned sure it's been confirmed. Plus the forms the Keychains give his Keyblade don't necessarily look like the person that 'gave' it to him, but the world or event in question. Someone like Smile or Audo can probably back me up.

I'm not close-minded to new ideas, but I feel a need to rebut something that is false, at least according to what I/we know. That's how everyone works.

Well all I was asking was if you were pretty damn sure its been confirmed if you could show me where? I would just like to read whatever article I missed this information from, see what I mean deffensivenes is totally unnecessary, I wasn't saying you were wrong just asking to see your facts I never claimed that my "Theory" was the truth so dont know what you need to rebuke?

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I did notice this too and it does seem a bit odd that those Keyblades look like Sora's (look like because Sora's was the same keyblade just changed forms with different key chains) which means there from the future and there in the past ten years in a Keyblade Graveyard.

People say its cause he wasnt gonna create thousands of new keyblades for the scene, in my opinion he didnt have to create thousands of new ones just four or five, cause thats all he did with the old ones was duplicate them and reuse them over and over again so yeah it does seem a bit odd but maybe it has a perpous yet unknown to us...

Not really. It was probably symbolic, meaning they might explore the past of some of the characters relating to those Keyblades. At the same time, by recycling those Keyblades, and several others, in that trailer, it means that they don't have to designs thousands of individual and different Keyblades, thereby saving time and effort.

JTD95

If you were Nomura, would you waste time on making thousands of Keyblades that's only going to be shown for like at list 10 minutes?

His not lazy, he just don't want to waste time on such thing

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Actually, the keychain/memory thing is just pure speculation. People believe that the Keychain is a physical embodiment of one's memories. This would explain why Sora got new Keyblades for every world, as well as why he is able to receive them as gifts from friends (eg. Oathkeeper, Gullwing). It also explains Roxas's Keyblades; because Roxas is Sora's Nobody, Roxas's Oblivion represents Sora's memory of Riku while his Oathkeeper represents Sora's memory of Kairi.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The latter two Keyblades also relate to their relationship of course, Oathkeeper in that Sora and Kairi constantly maintained their friendship, while with Oblivion, Sora and Riku's friendship was, for one of them, temporarily non-existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back