• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► The hunger games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rascus213

so i just finished the hunger games (only just getting it yesterday)

fastest ive ever read a book(and i generally dont like reading)

so the hunger games....catching fire.....

discuss

XionXIVRikuXV

my friend lent me the hunger games, and hes gonna let me read catching fire wen hes done with that. i liked hunger games. it kinda struck a god nerve in me, hooking me into the story and attaching me to the characters... which is always a good thing =]

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I liked the sequel better than the first, probably because it took a slightly less common direction. The third is going to be one of those books that either ruins the series entirely, or it brings the whole thing up even higher.

I don't really like Gale's character either, he always seemed more like a plot device than an actual person. Haymitch is pretty cool though.

Jurpassic

Well, the second book was nice, but I'd have to say that my favorite would be the first. Why? I think that the action and suspense kept me there more than in Catching Fire.
(But I'd have to say that Catching Fire had a more suspenseful ending than the first one.)

Haymitch was cool, I'd have to agree. My least favorite would have to be...Katniss. She's just the sort of main character you'd have to love to beat down upon. (Because, let's face it, a lot of main characters in stories are kinda...meh)

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Katniss really doesn't seem like a very original character, I agree. I was more interested in the reactions she got for her actions than I was with her as a character.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Not terribly soon, because Catching Fire just came out, but probably sometime next year.

And speaking of that book, here's some predictions I wrote for a school assignment about the third book. (the first sentence is a response to someone who said the third book would start up a while after the second ended.)

I doubt that time is going to skip ahead, that doesn't really seem like the author's style to me. And from what I'd assumed after this book, the rebellion seems to be moving along quickly enough that everything can happen just afterwards. District 13, if it does still have nuclear technology, should spur action ahead quickly enough. While I don't think that anyone will actually USE nuclear weapons, (because that wouldn't be a good moral, and would be pretty boring as well,) the nuclear threat will create some sort of action.

As for who Katniss ends up with, I don't really see it being Gale or Peeta. The bond between her and Peeta is more symbolic I think, created in order to survive the Games and appease the Governor or whatever his title is. Likewise, Gale seems to fit almost perfectly the sacrificial role- he'll come to repent his cold and angry role by saving Katniss & Friends, probably costing him his life.

Those are just my predictions though, I'm probably way off.

Agree, disagree, anything? There's not enough discussion in this section.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
My favorite out of the series would have to be Catching Fire because there was much more action and surprises than in the first one. One event seemed to flow smoothly with the next.

My least favorite character would have to be Gale. Like Pelafina said, he seems to be more like a plot device than an actual person. My favorite character would have to be Peeta; I can relate to him a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back