• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Golden Compass: Good or Bad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Golden Compass

• Good

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
We're not fighting, we're having a discussion. Notice the title of this section is "Intelligent Discussion"

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Because the purpose of this thread was to have intelligent discussion on the matter of The Golden Compass movie/book

D

Divine Light

most belive its against christianity..............you cant kill god and making kids believe you can is foolish and ridiculous...........

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
It's not "making kids believe" anything, it's a story.

Can you heal wounds with a magic potion? No, but that's a fantasy element to books, movies, stories, video games, etc.

Narnoldshmarnold

Why the hell are all these Christians close-minded? If you feel that a movie could diminish your faith in anyway, you should go pray or something. I pity those who claim fate in religions that have none. If you truly believe in God, you should take no offense in others beliefs. In fact, taking offense from others beliefs is ignorance. Forgive me if I come across as Arrogant.

And those bears were soooo badass. And the witches were pretty rad.
thats what I think. i just finished the last book yesterday, and I loved it! I am christian, but I didn't mind it. If you don't want to be offended, don't read it. but it is an excellent book, and people should always read the books before they decide to badmouth it.
and the bears are awsome!

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
This is also a discussion thread, so if you're posting here you should expect to have a discussion about what you post

ilovesora1223

well, my opionion it is your choice to see the movie or read the book, either to watch the movie or read the book and ignore the athesit moral or just completly ignore the movie and book. IN my opinion u can choose either one to go see the movie or ignore the whole thing. Even if u see the movie God will forgive u, cuz there are worse movies then this one. A lot more bad movies.

Trag

Bronze Member
If you ask my opinion i dont think its bad i think its HORRIBLE!!!!!!! Its completely atheistic and what it teaches children is just plain sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its have started a protest agianst it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So dont see it or you can just go suck a nut!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is bliss, I suppose. Good Christians are nothing like what the example is led by today. Good Christians can watch a movie/read a book, and have it have no effect on them whatsoever, religiously that is. I said it in my last post; you obviously have a very weak faith in your 'creator' if you believe a movie could possibly change your views on life, God, and Christianity in general.

In other words: Arguments over faith because of a movie are lame.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Aaaaand I just finished the book. It was awesome. Going to need to buy the other 2 now.

Lord Asriel is badass :)

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
It's funny that the book preaches exactly what is happening with the protests and such.

The Church/Christian Religion judges things as heretic without even knowing the full meaning behind something in the real world, as well as in the book's world.

How GREAT. =D

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
It's a parallel universe; I mean, come on. :x

I have to hear about it all the time down here. "Did you hear about that sinful new movie?" Just don't go see it if you don't like it; if you do like it, by all means have a great time.

@.@

People overreact over the silliest things.

HUNGRYORPHAN

this is not anti christian,its anti catholic. The main evil is represented by them.1) they all live in one large city(Vatican) and they all are ruled by one person(pope). The whole dust thing is for exaggeration. And also,cant we just look at it as a piece of fiction? 2) why do people judge this that have not read/seen the movie/books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back