• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The (general) plot for KH2 possibly wasn't planned out before KH1 was finished?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

it is true that KH2FM was better, i would have liked to go to the original castle, assault the organization, and see donald freeze himself, like in the original trailer. it would have been kick @$$

Nomura changed a lot of things, blame him.

In Kh1, we were supposed to get the Dragon Bahamut as a summon but we got that Chink Dragon Mushu instead

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
By extention, that would've ment Bahamut would've been in CoM too. :)

On-topic: I agree that Nomura left the end of KH open enough to be able to make up anything afterwards.

And he indeed BS's a lot

Now, by just reading the title of the thread, you may of already thought that this was just some crackpot theory, but please, hear me out. =]

O.k. :3

First off, I would like to state that I am in no way trying to diss the games, or the wonderful creators of them; I just have a theory about the way that they went about creating the games.

So, in KH1, we have a main bad guy, Ansem, and all that we thought that he was was simply that; the bad guy who had created the copies of the Heartless, and had therefore gained monumental power over all worlds and the people who inhabited them (ie. his possesion of Riku, (thus creating Rikunort) and the control over all Heartless, namley, Maleficent, who acted as his puppet. Anyways, now back on topic :p).

At that point, we thought that only the Heartless exsisted, and that Ansem was the only big baddie out there controlling them; obviously, for that was all of the information that we were given about the storyline at the time.

However, when KH2 came along (and yeah, debatably CoM), we were introduced to a new enemy, and the big baddie controlling THEM: respectivley, the Nobodies, and Organization XIII. This was totally a major twist for us fans, yet, it still made sense, right? I mean, was it just luck? Or rather, good planning?

The trip down memory lane wasn’t really vital as people that are viewing and posting in the Kingdom Hearts II section aren’t at all oblivious to the storyline. <3 Anyhow to answer your question; to some degree it’s both coincidence and planning. They had a motive due to “Another Side, Another Story” and “Deep Dive”, they just needed to find a way to blend it in nicely.

Think about it. It just HAPPENS that Ansem in KH1 was actually an imposter, AND a Heartless himself. Also, it just HAPPENS that when a strong heart creates a heartless, it also creates a nobody. Coincidence? Pure luck? Or were they just waiting to see the sucess of the first game to see if they were going to, A: even create a second game, and B: see how they were going to create an intriguing storyline off of the first one, by leaving the storyline in the first open-ended enough for a totally different storyline to be created in the sequal.

They are teamed up with Square-Enix, expect a sequel. xD

Finally, just to add some more to the debate, do you think that KH2 was left open-ended enough for such great twists as those from CoM and KH2 to re-occur, what with the trio being back on their home island, and the "mysterious letter from the King" arriving at the end of the game (which, in drawing a parralell to the end of of first game, may or may not even be MENTIONED (I'm looking at you, KH2; you know that we didn't miss that plothole at the begining of CoM/KH2!!! haha) in the next actual sequal to KH2?

I want there to be another edition to the series. But I’d like that to finish it off.

*side note* Before we start this debate, YES I have taken into account the secret video that was at the end of KH1 (the one at the end of KH1:final Mix could've been created after the sucess of the first game was seen, as the first Final Mix obviously came after the original), but that, still, could've been interpreted in many ways (ie. the "BHK" could've simply of been anyone in the world that the writers could've wanted him to be; also, those quotes that flahed by quickly could've easily been left out, and no one would've noticed them).

Also, I know that the "general" plot for CoM/KH2 was to, "Find the King and Riku," yet the new enimies in CoM/KH2, as stated before, were entirely new, and thus, still could've been unplanned at the point from when they finished the original KH.

Who cares really, it was a great success. They took a gamble and it paid off. If they wanted to they could have crammed it all into a two disc game, but obviously decided against it.

MPC1301

By extention, that would've ment Bahamut would've been in CoM too. :)
Well, not exactly, because if you recall, not everything that was in KH1 was in CoM (for example, the whole entire Deep Jungle world :angry:). So most likely, they would've left this summon out of CoM, IMO, but really, we'll never know, b/c it was never in the original.
O.k. :3

The trip down memory lane wasn’t really vital as people that are viewing and posting in the Kingdom Hearts II section aren’t at all oblivious to the storyline. <3 Anyhow to answer your question; to some degree it’s both coincidence and planning. They had a motive due to “Another Side, Another Story” and “Deep Dive”, they just needed to find a way to blend it in nicely.

They are teamed up with Square-Enix, expect a sequel. xD

I want there to be another edition to the series. But I’d like that to finish it off.

Who cares really, it was a great success. They took a gamble and it paid off. If they wanted to they could have crammed it all into a two disc game, but obviously decided against it.

-Haha, and thank you for considering me =]

-Haha, thanks, I'll keep that in mind for future refrence.
Well... if you look at my last point (the *side note*) I kinda disreguard both Another Side, Another Story and the Deep Dive videos, for various reasons, but I do agree with you; that they had a certain motive at that point, and that they did have to just "blend it in nicely." However, I'm wondering if these videos (especially ASAS), and the "plans" that went a long with them, could've at one point, of changed, and then formed into what we now know to be the storyline. For example, consider for a second that it could be possible that the "BHK" could've turned out to be... idk, Soar's long lost brother, or something. There was no information that we were given that could've proved otherwise. =]

-True that XD

-Yeah, although I love the series to death, I think that it would be more fitting if it was to end with a third game. I mean, it's not like any other Final Fatasy game (in terms of flow of the series; they aren't limited to a certain amount of side storylines (a.k.a. Disney worlds)).

-Hmmm... I actually think that I remember at one point that they were considering putting the second game onto 2 discs (which would've been awesome!!! :D) because they thought that it was going to be too long. But, as mentioned before, time restraints were key in development, so the idea was probably scrapped. It just makes me wonder though: why does it take Kingdom Hearts such a long time to develop, opposed to any ther games (ie. the spin offs of Final Fantasy VII)?

Last edited:
A

Azrael

Well, not exactly, because if you recall, not everything that was in KH1 was in CoM (for example, the whole entire Deep Jungle world :angry:). So most likely, they would've left this summon out of CoM, IMO, but really, we'll never know, b/c it was never in the original.

-Haha, and thank you for considering me =]

-Haha, thanks, I'll keep that in mind for future refrence.
Well... if you look at my last point (the *side note*) I kinda disreguard both Another Side, Another Story and the Deep Dive videos, for various reasons, but I do agree with you; that they had a certain motive at that point, and that they did have to just "blend it in nicely." However, I'm wondering if these videos (especially ASAS), and the "plans" that went a long with them, could've at one point, of changed, and then formed into what we now know to be the storyline. For example, consider for a second that it could be possible that the "BHK" could've turned out to be... idk, Soar's long lost brother, or something. There was no information that we were given that could've proved otherwise. =]

-True that XD

-Yeah, although I love the series to death, I think that it would be more fitting if it was to end with a third game. I mean, it's not like any other Final Fatasy game (in terms of flow of the series; they aren't limited to a certain amount of side storylines (a.k.a. Disney worlds)).

-Hmmm... I actually think that I remember at one point that they were considering putting the second game onto 2 discs (which would've been awesome!!! :D) because they thought that it was going to be too long. But, as mentioned before, time restraints were key in development, so the idea was probably scrapped. It just makes me wonder though: why does it take Kingdom Hearts such a long time to develop, opposed to any ther games (ie. the spin offs of Final Fantasy VII)?

Time restraints were a reall ****shit excuse in my view, we could've waited a bit more though..

TrueRoxas527

Okay. What I thought is that Nomura only thought up the Heartless and Ansem in the 1st Game. He didn't know anything of the Nobodies or the Organization at that time because none of hem appeared in the game. His ideas are what make the story real, and I think that he used up all his ideas at the time in the 1st story.
Then as he gathered more ideas, he decided to change a bit of the game, thus, creating Final Mix. That's where the Organization is (weakly) introduced.
Now, since he wanted to make a sequel (ignoring CoM here, it's just a connecting puzzle piece) in order to make it more suspenseful, he'd have to change more ideas from KH1.
I bet Ansem was originally supposed to be a dark human and the original Ansem. But then as he started thinking of ideas for the next game he thought, "Why not make him a Heartless?"
So, by changing the name of the villain and making him a Heartless, he was open to more possibilities of a further game. That is the reason why KH2 is so different and you would never expect some stuff, because Nomura changed ideas ass he was creating the new game. (which is why you battle Xemnas in KH1FM) The reason why he weilds lightsabre-like things is unkown but that was just a starting plaan for Xemnas' look.
There, so KH2's main plot was not really thought of until AFTER KH1 was done.

A

Azrael

No, Ansem aka XH was planned to be a human not a humanoid Heartless, but who gives a ****

Plus Disney Castle was where Sora was supposed to land in KH1

Z

Zulkir

The concept of nobodies always existed, even before FM. In the normal KH1 secret ending "Another side, another story" one of the messages that pops up "very" fast is "the third enemy= nobodies, who are nobodies? they are the non-existent ones", also another line is "we have come for you my liege" which the dusks say to roxas in kh2.

Kh1 ansem was also always known to be a heartless, since in the kh1 ansem reports(written by xehanort's heartless), he states that "I have achieved an existence of only the heart".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back