• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Four Houses of Hogwarts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sallyji22

Website
little-cactus.spaces.live.com
<<There's quite a few Harry Potter RPs in motion currently so I decided to try a HP RP again since my first one, done with Ratio6, hasn't been much of a success... Hopefully ratio and I will do a redo sometime near the end of the summer but I can only hope this one doesn't get abandoned like the last!>>

The Four Houses of Hogwarts
hogwartsseal.jpg

Hogwarts School of Whichcraft and Wizardry was founded over a thousand years ago by two wizards (Godric Gryffindor & Salazar Slytherin) and two witches (Rowena Ravenclaw & Helga Hufflepuff). Slytherin took only pure-blood wizards of great cunning just like him. And only those of the sharpest mind were taught by Ravenclaw. While the bravest and the boldest went to daring Gryffindor. Good Hufflepuff, she took the rest and taught them all she knew.

Gryffindor values courage, chivalry and boldness above all else. Its animal is the lion, and its colors are red/scarlet and gold. Gryffindor roughly corresponds to the element of fire. Its common room and dormitories are to be found in one of the highest towers of the castle

Hufflepuff values hard work, loyalty, patience, friendship and fair play. Its animal is the badger, and its colors are yellow and black. Hufflepuff roughly corresponds to the element of earth. Its dorms and common room is located somewhere in the basement to be entered though a painting near the kitchens.

Known to value intelligence, knowledge and wit is Ravenclaw. Its animal is the eagle, and its colors, blue and bronze. The roughly corresponding element of Ravenclaw is air. Just like Gryffindor the dorms and common room of Ravenclaw can be found in one of the highest towers and is almost identical in the commons room and dormitories.

Last but not least Slytherin values ambition, cunning, resourcefulness and pure-blood heritage above all. It's animal is a serpent, and green and silver are its colors. Water is the roughly corresponding element of Slytherin. The Slytherin dormitories and common room can be found underground like Hufflepuff but under the lake.

The friendships between the different houses are slowly beginning to mend. But not fast enough, the heirs of the old Death Eaters and such are forming a rebellion right under the Ministry's nose. They plan to attack Hogwarts hoping to find the Potter descendants and finish them all off. But they say there's another plan, one that's much darker, a complex plan to take over the Ministry then the whole wizarding community and finally the world. A plan to brings all living beings to their knees, wizards and muggles alike. The four houses separately don't stand a chance and the headmaster knows this. Another war is starting only the four houses united can stop the new army of Death Eaters and dark wizards alike.

Rules

Killing off other characters are only permitted after having sent and received PMs to the victim and myself
Spamming is kept to a minimum
Machine gun posting is prohibited unless the RP is in a critical condition of dying
Posts must be about a good paragraph long
No posting for over a week will get you kicked out (unless you PM me)
If you have less than 300 posts or have been on the forums for less than 4mo. PM me
Romance kept at PG-13
All other usual rules are in motion
**Not everyone can be in the same house!!**

Template

-Name-

-Year at Hogwarts/Age-

-Wand- (length, wood & core) no image

-House-

-Appearance-

-Blood Status-

-Special Skills/Traits- (eg. can produce a patronus charm in the form of a canary, plays seeker in Hufflepuff Quidditch team, is a prefect, is an Animagus etc.)

-Personality-

-Biography-

Gryffindor Characters
<Melodie/sallyji22>
<Lily/ratio6>*
<Zeke/FinalSora04>
<Ryan/Keyblade Soldier>
-closed-

Hufflepuff Characters
(none)

Ravenclaw Characters
<Hikari/Kari'Heart>
<Zakar/Dark Philosopher>

Slytherin Characters
<Reese/Nobodys Angel>
<Yami/Kari'Heart>

Death Eaters
(none)
*If none, will be playable by all characters*​

-Name- Melodie (Mel) Ordio
-Year at Hogwarts/Age- 6th year/16
-Wand- 11”, willow & dragon heartstring
-House- Gryffindor
-Appearance-
skool_girl03.jpg

-Blood Status- Half-Blood
-Special Skills/Traits- Can produce a corporeal patronus charm in from of a fox. Has an Animagus form of a fox. Played Beater in Gryffindor Quidditch team since her 3rd year (One of the only and best of female beaters to ever go down in Hogwarts Quidditch history).
-Personality- Melodie is quite sensitive but tends to put others feelings and safety before her own. Although only her closest friends know this, she won't hesitate to hex anyone who curses her friends and family. She will stand up against anything and everything for her beliefs and her loved ones. Mainly keeping to herself Melodie doesn't say much about her family to anyone but her close friends. It is on a very rare occasion that Melodie will rebel against rules, most of the time she appears to be an obedient, average girl.
-Biography- Melodie's father is a wizard working in the Ministry of Magic and her mother is a Muggle university professor. Being a lone child Melodie had never had to deal with younger children and had always been the centre of attention in her family. Melodie enjoys visual arts such as music, painting and dance. Often she liked to pass time by painting of the castle grounds or listening to music. During the summers when she would stay with her parents her mother would teach her various Sciences and Mathematics. Having never met her grandparents Melodie enjoys some of the classes taught by some of Hogwarts oldest teachers who tend to treat their students as if they were their grandchildren.

Last edited:

FinalSora04

Awards
-Name- Zeke Durgion

-Year at Hogwarts/Age- 5/15

-Wand- elm and dragon heartstring 12"

-House- Gryffindor

-Appearance-
theheroaf3.jpg
excaept without the staff

-Blood Status- Pureblood

-Special Skills/Traits- Produces a patronus in the form of a Young Norweagan Ridgeback, plays Plays Chaser for Gryffindor, has the Animagus form of a snake.

-Personality- Zeke is a funny,smart and athletic kid. Even though his blood is pure, he doesn't like to boast about it.he is the shy type, but can be very outgoing if he get comfertable with someone. He always thinks to much about what people say, might say, or think about him. He tries to keep his cool but usualy fails miserably.

-Biography- Zeke's Father is always saying that his job at the Ministry is too easy.Zeke beleves this, because all the his father does is sit in an office all day and answer phone calls. This is not the idea Zeke has in mind for his future, Zeke wants to play professional Quiditch as a seeker. Zeke is a great flyer, his Mother thought he was so good, she bought him a nimbus 2001 for his 12th birthday.

Last edited:

Nobodys Angel

-Name-
Reese Dalloway

-Year at Hogwarts/Age-
-Year 6

-Wand-
10" holly & centaur hair

-House-
Slytherin

-Appearance-
3de786a3.png

-Blood Status-
Pureblood

-Special Skills/Traits-
Her patronus is a Tabby cat, as well as her animagus form. She is a Prefect. Seeker on the Slytherin team since second year

-Personality-
**To be edited**

-Biography-
The Dalloway's are close relatives to the Blacks, seeing as Reese's mother had been one and had gotten married to Cameron Dalloway. Reese has always been taught to look down upon people with Muggle parents. And natually, being a desendant of a Black, the Sorting Hat had barely been put on her head before she was placed in Slytherin. Okay, that hat made it three inches above her head. Her mother is a Death Eater. Her father was killed by another Death Eater in Reese's fifth year.

Her brother Lucas is a year older than her, and secured her the spot as Seeker as soon as it was available. The two of them are close for siblings, though they do have tendencies to bicker... a lot.

-Theme-
Hide and Seek -Imogen Heap

~~~

-Name-
Lucas Dalloway

-Year at Hogwarts/Age-
-Year 7

-Wand-
14" Willow and Phoenix Feather

-House-
Slytherin

-Appearance-
Boy by ~CascaQueen on deviantART

-Blood Status-
Pureblood

-Special Skills/Traits-
His patronus is a wolf as well as his Animagus for. He is the Captain and Chaser on the Quidditch team.

-Personality-
**To be edited**

-Biography-
**same as Reese's**

-Theme-
Stronger - Kanye West

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Okay, I kinda have two characters here. I hope you like them both; but if I can only have one, I'll have to think of which one. Please, don't put these two in the same house; I beg of you. Sorry for any spelling errors, but it's a little bit longer then I think most of my posts; crazy templates.

-Name- Hikari Black

-Year at Hogwarts/Age-

Year: Fifth

-Wand- Unicorn hair and Holly, eleven and a half inichs.

-House- Ravenclaw

-Appearance- Hikari has long light violet hair that goes down a little past her buttocks, her skin is fair not as pale as her twin sister's skin. Her eyes are an icy-blue tone that always seems to have a merry glow to them. She wears her school robes when she has too but other then that, she wears a long sleeved shirt that goes past her wrist covering her palm a little.

Her blue skirt goes to her knees, she has a book bag that she skin put around her waist that won't go near the ground. Her shirt is white while the sleeves for it is a dark blue hue, the ribbon in her hair is an soft blue hue as well that she uses to keep out of her way. Her shoes are ankle length brown, leather boot that she's had for a while now. (a lot like her)

-Blood Status- Half Blood, and proud of it!

-Special Skills/Traits- Can produce a patronus charm in the form of a Hipprogriff, is an Animagus, and is seeker for the Ravenclaw team since her second year. She's very good with potions, that she's doing sixth year level potions. And she's also a prefect, pretty much she's one while her twin isn't a prefect.

Animagus Form: White Tigeress (Hmm, seems like Hikari didn't get the part of going through and hurting other people; but she get's herself into much trouble.)

-Personality- Hikari's a shy and withdrawn teen, that's what makes her so dangerous, she is a dreamer, she has a mysterous side to her allways playing a game with her enemies. She is able to block out her emotions, this is why she was able to learn Occlumency at a young age her dad tought her how to use it. She's bubbly but that doesn't mean that she thinks everything's going to be okay, she always trying to find that silver-lining.

-Biography- Hikari is highly skilled at Occlumency just like Snape so it's hard to tell what she is going to do next, she lost her mum when she was younger.(<.<, okay and that's what you get from reading the books) So it ended up with just her, her twin sister and their dad, the Sorting Hat was trying to figure out to which house to put her in 'cause she showed a lttle bit of each house, but decided to put her in the house she's in.

Being a trouble maker since she was a child she caused so much trouble during her years at Hogwarts, she always got into trouble no matter what she did. She knows that the Blacks are pure bloods, but what confuses her is that her dad decided to settle down with a muggle. She asked him why and he came back with that he just couldn't believe how pretty she looked in the midnight blue dress at a dance they went to together, he first saw her during their first year at Howarts but didn't decide that he liked her until their fourth year.

Now in her fifth year and her O.W.L(s) coming up, Hikari's studing harder then ever, not wanting to be thought of as a know it all; she doesn't answer all the time 'cause she doesn't truly know how she's suppose to act around the other students since she's normally in her books and spending team working on spells and that sort of stuff not really having time to make friends.

Theme Song: Please by The Kinleys

Quote: You can't see my pain, because it's like trying to see tears in the rain

Birthmark: Her birthmark, is the Yin part of the Yin-Yang symbol.

~~~~

-Name- Yami Black

-Year at Hogwarts/Age-

Year: Fifth

-Wand- Veela hair and walnut, tweleve inichs.

-House- Slytherin

-Appearance- Yami has long midnight blue hair that goes down to her lower-back, she is extermally pale and much as her twin's skin is fair but while her sister's has icy-blue eyes; she has magenta eyes that always seems to have a tinit of sadness in them. Most of her appearance is darker then Hikari's. But with her almost white skin is much lighter then her twin's, the ribbon that's in her hair is a dark, blood red shade she uses it to keep her hair out of her face. Her outfit when she's not wearing her school outfit is, a dark color shirt and black jeans that fit nicely. (a lot like her!)

-Blood Status- Half Blood, but as far as anybody knows she's pureblood.

-Special Skills/Traits- Can produce a patronus charm in the form of a Raven, is an Animagus, and is a chaser for the Slytherin team since her second year. She's very good with animals, normally she can calm down any creature within a few mintues.

Animagus Form: Black Panther (Okay, that makes it different ^^;;)

-Personality- Yami is the exacet opposite of Hikari, but she is like her in one way, that is that she plays game with her oppoent. She may seem sweet and warm-hearted but that is to trick others, Voldemort likes this within this young witch. She is cold hearted, she doesn't show it but she is hurt because of the fact that Sirius had died during her fourth year at Howarts, she trys to push it away from her but you can just tell that it's there because her eyes seems to always have a tint of sadness in them.

-Biography- Yami is a trouble maker just like her twin, but the trouble she causes is much darker. She and her cousion get along better then she does with her sister. She hates her sister for the fact that she "betrayed" their family bloodline, now denying if anyone asks if she and Hikari are sisters the young witch doesn't truly care about anyone or anything. When she reached her third year her skills over 'animals' showed up, she soon learned a few things that most students wouldn't thnk she would like.

But as her fourth year came around, she was summoned by Voldemort (or who ever's the new bad guy) elling him the truth about her so called 'twin sister'; telling him that Hikari isn't her twin she had bretrayed her family...Hikari had brought dishonor to the family of Blacks. She has been keeping in hidden from her family, the mark is on the shoulder opposite of her brithmark which is on her right shoulder. Yami normally being in the shadow of Hikari just wants to break away from it all, get out of her shadowy corner and show the world that she's not Hikari's shadow.

Theme Song: Isn't Something Missing... by Evanescene

Quote: It seems, that no matter how hard I try I can't beat my sadness that always seems to tint my eyes.

Birthmark: Her birthmark is the Yang part to the Yin-Yang symbol.

Last edited:

sallyji22

Website
FinalSora04: Sorry but ratio6 had e-mailed me her template and she had decided to be seeker for Gryffindor when we wrote this RP. Sorry, but other spots are still open.
Nobodys Angel: I don't get your wand, you need to choose a core but you have two types of wood instead. A few example cores are: Dragon Heartstring, Veela Hair, Unicorn Hair and Phoenix Feather but you can be a bit mroe creative like Hippogriff Feather.
Kari: Yep, playing two characters are fine just Try something like using 2 different colours for text (i.e. Blue for Hikari& Green for Yami) BTW you forgot to put a wood type for your wands.
ratio6: Get your account activated for goodness sake!

PROBLEMS!!!
-We have too many Gryffindors, the Gryffindor box is now closed and will accept no more.
-ratio6 lost her password (Oh no!) She's making a new account under ratio7 then either she or I will post her template.
-It might be a better idea to have more 7th years to be of age to use magic and to fight. Or we can just say that they changed rules so that 6th years are of age since a little while ago.
-We need a few more people and the girls so far HEAVILY outnumber the guys. Get a guy friend to help us out?

Keyblade Soldier

Website
www.khkeybladewars.proboards60.com
-Name- Ryan Yuki

-Year at Hogwarts/Age- 4th Year/14

-Wand- Phoenix Feather, Hornbeam, 12 1/4 inches, Right Hand

-House- Gryffindor

-Appearance-
YuriShiyuba2E.jpg

-Blood Status- Mixed Blood, father is muggle born.

-Special Skills/Traits- Can produce a patronus charm in the form of a Japanese Dragon.

-Personality-

A cheerful and all round good guy. Likes to hand about with frineds when not doing anything. Likes to not lazy around much and loves to watch Quidditch, though isn't very good himself. Is very good round animals and shows respect to animals like Hippogriffs. Sees any witches and wizards as equal no matter thier blood status.

-Biography-

Ryan was born to witch and muggle father, and his mother made sure he knew everything about the wizarding world and terms like Quidditch. His father had no problem with what his son was getting into and only wanted his son to be able to live the best of both worlds, sort of speak. His dad taught him about some of the muggle's favourite things like football and how schools preformed in muggle ways. His first visit to Hogwarts was a nervous and exicted one.

As he sat on the Sorting Hat, it took the hat no time at all to decide where to put Ryan, "Gryffindor!" yelled the hat as the Gryffindor table yelled in applaude. And so his education at Hogwarts began. he enjoyed his first year and made new friends and enemies due to his stance that all are equal.

His second and third years proved to be nothing exciting cept a load more homework and other things such as Quiddditch matches, strange events and so far that were common in Hogwarts. Now starting his fourth year, Ryan has almost deicded upon his future career and pursues it with everything he has.

sallyji22

Website
Sorry Kari but I kind found one mistake... Hikari's wand if done correctly but Yami's wand has two cores and no wood. You'll need to keep just one core and choose a wood type. How come nobody's taken Veela hair as a core yet? Some other wood are: walnut, yew, chestnut, mahogany etc.

Dark Philosopher

-Name- Zakar Bilarta

-Year at Hogwarts/Age- 6th year, age 16

-Wand- Wood: Willow, Core: Threstral tail hair. 13''

-House- Ravenclaw

-Appearance-
ishida.gif

-Blood Status- Pureblood

-Special Skills/Traits- He is an Animagus. taking the form of a silver cat when changed.

-Personality- Calm, collected, quick thinking, but sometimes -too- smart, sometimes his wit makes him forget manners or how to properly interact with his class mates. Though Zakar has no trouble joking around with friends, and doesn't seem to dislike anyone of any house, he also likes to be alone a lot, reading and learning new magic.

-Biography- Zakar, is the son of a pleasant, upper class witch and wizard. He was born and raised in the country side, at a medium sized estate, from the day he could walk Zakar never seemed interested in toys and the stuff other kids would like, he learned to read and write at a young age, and quickly read through the household's entire library. Being brought up with two magical parent, Davros was quickly immersed into the world of magic and mysticism.

At the age of eleven, like all young wizards and witches, Zakar got his letter from Hogwarts, he was very happy, and worked hard through his first year of school. Zakar got good grades in all classes, but extremely excelled in charms, getting top marks in them for the past 5 years. During his second year at Hogwarts he discovered he was an animagus, and now enjoys lounging around in his cat form. He's always been extremely interested in the forbidden forest, and the creatures that dwell in it's dark shadows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back