• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The exclusive Roxas scenes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

Alright KH experts I need more help. So Ansem was talking about his machine and how hearts can't be encoded and his research and plans. What research and what plans? I'm totally lost.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ansem the Wise did research. For science. It's what wise guys tend to do. He was researching the nature of hearts and the worlds. As for plans, he probably meant the plans of revenge he had for Org XIII. the original six members were his apprentices who betrayed him and banished him into the Realm of Darkness, so he wanted to get back at them.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Also I believe Xemnas did say ATW machine did harm his KH and freed a lot of hearts so it sort of worked. Minus Ansem dying or whatever.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Alright KH experts I need more help. So Ansem was talking about his machine and how hearts can't be encoded and his research and plans. What research and what plans? I'm totally lost.

Ansem the Wise was a scientist, first and foremost. Long before Xehanort crashed into Radiant Garden, Ansem was curious about the heart's true nature and all of its mysteries. He did some of the experiments with and on Xehanort to understand the heart better.

When Ansem made the fake Twilight Town, he wanted all the people in it to be players in his play of sorts. This reflects what he wanted on the outside world too.

Ansem viewed Sora as a crusader of light and hoped he'd be ruthless and merciless in his vengeance against Xehanort. However, every attempt Ansem made at revenge or controlling hearts and people failed because hearts are unpredictable. Sora woke up, but there was no blood lust. Sora defeated the Organization slowly because he had to.

Ansem also neglected and hurt many people on this path to revenge, and he was finally admitting all his wrongdoings. Though there's more to this in other games.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Wait so when Roxas asked why whoever chose Sora it was him asking why Axel chose to protect Sora instead of him?
General consensus is that it was a translation error (KH2 has a few of them). The original line reads more like "Tell me why you were chosen" and Roxas is asking both why Sora was chosen by the Keyblade and why he is the one who gets to live, more or less. Without trying to spoil too much (going to tag it just in case), but this scene is looked back at again in a future game with the characters coming to a new understanding about it.

Okay sorry to switch subjects but I need this confirmed. So Riku let the darkness envelope him to become stronger and that's how he looks like Ansem Seeker of Darkness?
Basically, yeah. Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) and his darkness still lingered in Riku's heart after the possession that occurred in KH1. Riku ends up using that darkness to try and accomplish his plans (namely, saving Sora) and that leads to him taking on Ansem's appearance.

OkaruAudo

Just beat the game, almost teared up at the end. Such a gorgeous work or art, this game series. However I have one question. Actually two. What did Riku mean when they were in the darkness, if this is how the world is he should fade into darkness? What world? And why did Riku and Sora agree to be the dark? What does that mean? And a third lol what did Kairi's letter mean? That she was going to find Sora? And sorry, a fourth, I keep having more and more, how did they even get to the darkness? Where did that portal come from?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
What did Riku mean when they were in the darkness, if this is how the world is he should fade into darkness? What world?
The Dark Margin, that beach at the end, is considered a tip of a world. The beach is in the In-Between Realm while the sea is the sea of the Realm of Darkness. Essentially it's just before the Realm of Darkness begins and Riku was saying that if this was all the Realm of Darkness was, just this beach, then maybe it would be okay to stay there. He didn't think they would be able to leave and was basically saying he accepted that fate.

And why did Riku and Sora agree to be the dark? What does that mean?
They didn't think they would be able to leave the Realm of Darkness so they were basically accepting their fate and staying there together, believing that the Realm of Light was safe now without them.

And a third lol what did Kairi's letter mean? That she was going to find Sora?
Essentially.

And sorry, a fourth, I keep having more and more, how did they even get to the darkness? Where did that portal come from?
There's no real explanation for this aside from just "because that's how it is". Xemnas battled them in a twilight realm (some believe to be the Realm of Nothingness) and that when they left it they arrived at the shore of the Realm of Darkness. It basically happened because it had to. Though I'm sure you could come up with a theory that their hearts opened the portal.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Just beat the game, almost teared up at the end. Such a gorgeous work or art, this game series. However I have one question. Actually two. What did Riku mean when they were in the darkness, if this is how the world is he should fade into darkness? What world? And why did Riku and Sora agree to be the dark? What does that mean?
I think Riku is talking about a few things here: the nature of the realm of darkness and the worlds, hearts, and humanity as well as his own journey. Light and Darkness makes up everything. If something or someone is destined to be or make up the darkness of the world, meaning the larger world- the realm of light and its inhabitants, then Riku decides it's best that it's him and Sora. At that point, Riku's accepted his dark nature, and if something has to be Dark he's glad it's him because at least he tries to do the right thing. If Riku and Sora's fate is to fade away into the Realm of Darkness, then they're happy to pay the price because it means the Realm of Light is safe.

And a third lol what did Kairi's letter mean? That she was going to find Sora? And sorry, a fourth, I keep having more and more, how did they even get to the darkness? Where did that portal come from?
Kairi's letter is a vow that Kairi will never forget Sora, and that somehow they will be reunited. Their light opens the portal out of the realm of Darkness.

Sora and Riku arrived on those shores as a result of defeating Xemnas in the ruins of his Kingdom Hearts, they were already close to the Darkness, and I'm assuming fighting with Xemnas lead them deeper into it. The shores where they ended up is on the boarder of the Realm of Darkness and the Realm in-between.

NINJA EDIT *hisses* AUDO YOU KNEW I WAS HERE.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Just beat the game, almost teared up at the end. Such a gorgeous work or art, this game series. However I have one question. Actually two. What did Riku mean when they were in the darkness, if this is how the world is he should fade into darkness? What world? And why did Riku and Sora agree to be the dark? What does that mean? And a third lol what did Kairi's letter mean? That she was going to find Sora? And sorry, a fourth, I keep having more and more, how did they even get to the darkness? Where did that portal come from?

It's okay, the best students are the ones who know what they don't know! So, to answer your questions, I'm going to number them 1-4:
1. What did Riku mean by "if this is how the world is, he should fade to darkness."? You see, the Dark Margin, which is a very important location in the series, is where Riku and Sora ended up. It is said to be a part of the realm between as a world extending into the sea, where the sea looks over into the realm of darkness. My guess is that him and Sora realized that maybe it was the end for them, as if they weren't going to be traveling back to the realm of light soon, that they should learn to accept their fate and take in the darkness as servants of that realm. Basically, not turn evil and let it corrupt them, just accept their fate and move on with their lives.
2. Again, like the top, they agreed to protect the dark realm, as they were stuck here. They realized throughout the story that light and darkness share an equal role in the universe they live in, so if the others shall protect the realm of light, then they'll be the protectors of the realm of darkness (other users can feel free to correct me on this).
3. Yes, basically. She wrote it once she remembered his name, in hopes that he would find it and return home to her.
4. The portal was likely caused by the immense amount of darkness that the nobodies possess. They travel using realms of darkness, and often utilize that power in combat, so it was likely just an after-effect of that darkness left behind, like when Roxas beat Axel in the basement of the Old Mansion.

Hope this helped! Any other users feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken here, KHII isn't quite my forte as opposed to games like Re:Chain and Birth by Sleep :D

EDIT: DAMN IT AUDO I THOUGHT I HAD THIS

giphy.gif

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
3. Yes, basically. She wrote it once she remembered his name, in hopes that he would find it and return home to her.
She wrote it before she remembered his name, lol. She doesn't remember his name until after she sends it.

And honestly, Riku's lines at the Dark Margin sound like gibberish because they are copied from Deep Dive, back when they were completely contextless quotes lol. A lot of DD's linedrops are pretty awkward.

OkaruAudo

So... Why in the ending with BBS did it show Mickey, Sora, and Riku's keyblades? That was before they were masters.. Right? And in the theatre I see I haven't unlocked the secret ending or one between Hollow Bastion: The Glittering Garden and Twilight Town: The Other Town. What goes there?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
So... Why in the ending with BBS did it show Mickey, Sora, and Riku's keyblades? That was before they were masters.. Right? And in the theatre I see I haven't unlocked the secret ending or one between Hollow Bastion: The Glittering Garden and Twilight Town: The Other Town. What goes there?
Have you played BBS? Because to talk about the answer behind that would kind of spoil it. But basically it's purely symbolic.

As for the cutscene between HB and Twilight Town, I'm not sure what that could be to be honest because I haven't played KH2:FM yet. Someone else might know.

NINJA EDIT *hisses* AUDO YOU KNEW I WAS HERE.
EDIT: DAMN IT AUDO I THOUGHT I HAD THIS
11817185_484618735040920_2508157354149724812_n.jpg

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
And honestly, Riku's lines at the Dark Margin sound like gibberish because they are copied from Deep Dive, back when they were completely contextless quotes lol. A lot of DD's linedrops are pretty awkward.
Yes. That is true as well.

Hm. I think it's the fight with Sephiroth.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
She wrote it before she remembered his name, lol. She doesn't remember his name until after she sends it.

Lol it's almost as pointless as the random linedrops in the beginning of each game xD seriously, I don't feel like any of those revealed anything major

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Lol it's almost as pointless as the random linedrops in the beginning of each game xD seriously, I don't feel like any of those revealed anything major
I was good with the one in KH1. The one in KH2 was ehhh. It's just so abstract it feels like it isn't actually saying anything.
I don't remember them showing up in any other game.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
It's clear Riku was super excited to finally get some alone time with Sora and then Kairi had to cockblock him with the sweet letter to Sora. #TheStruggleIsReal

OkaruAudo

All aboard the Kingdom Hearts yaoi fanbase train. Why is there so much KH yaoi? I really don't agree with most of it, I mean Sora and Riku just doesn't feel right and I think some weirdos have made yaoi of RoxasXSora.

Anyways, forgetting the yaoi, I really have to thank all of you. I'm serious, thanks for helping me understand the story guys, I'm pretty sure without your help I wouldn't understand a majority of the story. Thanks guys, I mean it. I'm so glad to have found such an amazing site with such friendly, helpful people, it feels like a real community where we help each other and not just a little forum to dick around in.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
All aboard the Kingdom Hearts yaoi fanbase train. Why is there so much KH yaoi? I really don't agree with most of it, I mean Sora and Riku just doesn't feel right and I think some weirdos have made yaoi of RoxasXSora.
Probably because the male characters have far more screen time, development, nuance and care put into their stories and characters than the female characters do. That and the fact that original male characters outnumber the female characters 36:7.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't like shipping very much, yaoi or otherwise, but there's a lot of people who disagree with me... but I have to admit, without any context from other games, someone could play KHII and the wrong idea about Roxas and Axel easily.

And you're welcome! I kinda wish I had found this place earlier myself. I had to piece the answers to those same questions you had together long before I joined any kind of community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back