• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The difference between keyblades with/without chains

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RueLi

Website
dnangelsora.deviantart.com
Previously, when we've seen keyblades, they've always has some sort of chain on it.
And now with the new releases, there seem to be keyblades that don't have any chains on them at all.
(Such as the ones Terra, Ven, and Aqua use)

Do the keychains (or lack thereof) have any significance to them?
Are keyblades without keychains weaker, or vice versa?
Or are the keychains just "there" as a way of altering one's keyblade from one form to another?

There could be no real theory to this at all,
but I did find it interesting that there was a lack of keychains for the next installments and couldn't help but wonder.

Last edited:
A

Audo

The fact that we now see Keyblades without keychains prove that Keychains are significant to the plot.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Huh.Cause I thought that maybe it was just BBS characters whose keyblades didn't have Keychains.

A

Audo

No. Further proof it has plot relevance. Mickey also has a keychained-keyblade in BBS.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Another Keyblade that doesn't have a Keychain is the Dark Key from KH1
that Ansem forged. All we know of that Keyblade is 1) it's composed of
hearts 2) it's artificial. Perhaps the Keyblades of Ven, Aqua, and Terra
possess one of these characteristics. Then again, perhaps their Keyblades
lack a keychain for a different reason the Dark Key lacked one. Maybe
there is something special about Keyblades with keychains. Whatever the
case, the reason why certain Keyblades possess or lack keychains does
appear to be significant.

nehar890

Keychains are probably signs that they are keyblade masters.
VAT arent masters .--------------no keychains
Sora is --------------yes keychains
Riku isnt--------------no keychains

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If some purposely have keychains, and others do not, it automatically makes them important.

Novastar56

Okay, when I watched the optional battle of Lingering sentiment, I noticed how he could transform his keyblade to basically anything to his will. Even Nomura says at a point in Birth by sleep that Terra rides his keyblade like a skateboard. I think that not having a keychain makes the keyblade artificial since those data squares appear when called to by Terra.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Although, Xion has a keychain (yes?), and hers is artificial.

Ah, well. It will be explained.

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave
Except the only reason we have to believe that Xion's KK is artificial, is that Riku says it is fake. He could be wrong.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
I always figured an artificial Keyblade lacked a Keychain. As we can see, when Terra summons his Keyblade, a strange blue "data like ring" envelopes his hand.

picture.php
(pardon the horrible quality, I couldn't find any better.)

I think that Apprentices are given artificial Keyblades until they are proven to be worthy of the title of 'Keyblade Master'.
Most likely, even though DS is an apprentice, MX went ahead and gave him a Real Keyblade so he could assist him in his plan. The only question is, What do Keyblades DO? And what is a Real Keyblade?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
We don't really know what exactly a keychain really means, and by extension, a keychainless keyblade. It could certainly be that such keyblades are '"fake/artificial/etc", but we don't really know at this point.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
my theory was kingdom key chain made it look like the keyblade we know now, but without the keychains it would revert to the form TAV's keyblades would be.

but everyone insisted that keyblade without the KK chain would still look the same.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I always figured an artificial Keyblade lacked a Keychain. As we can see, when Terra summons his Keyblade, a strange blue "data like ring" envelopes his hand.

picture.php
(pardon the horrible quality, I couldn't find any better.)

I think that Apprentices are given artificial Keyblades until they are proven to be worthy of the title of 'Keyblade Master'.
Most likely, even though DS is an apprentice, MX went ahead and gave him a Real Keyblade so he could assist him in his plan. The only question is, What do Keyblades DO? And what is a Real Keyblade?
I have noticed that,but isn't Terra the only one who brings forth his keyblae like that or do Ven and Aqua do the same?

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

It's possible that they are artificial, but again there are as many keyblades as there are qualified wielders. So that doesn't necessarily mean they're fake/artificial, they're just lacking what gives them true form: a keychain.

That would be a good reason why they are apprentices, along with other reasons.

The only question is, What do Keyblades DO? And what is a Real Keyblade?

One of its intended purposes that is obviously apparent is to keep the worlds safe by either locking the keyholes within worlds or protecting the lands from evil; simple. However there are other reasons why the keyblade exists that haven't been explained as of yet, however considering the main theme of BBS is Ven's identity and Xehanort I doubt they will thoroughly cover the keyblades and its origins.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
It's possible that they are artificial, but again there are as many keyblades as there are qualified wielders. So that doesn't necessarily mean they're fake/artificial, they're just lacking what gives them true form: a keychain.
But then what if Xion keyblade is artifical it has a keychain,but Riku stated that it is not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back