• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The better half, Sora or Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamapox

No I don't think Roxas gave up. I think he felt that going back to sora was the right thing to do. He had nothing left and Sora as sad as it might be was the one everyone needed to save the worlds. But he on the other hand wasn't even supppost to exsist. so he choose to go back to sora not give up.

Your right about him thinking it was the right thing to do, but it was still a surrender. He gave up his entire existence to bring back Sora, because he realised that he shouldn't exist. He spent a long time fighting it, trying not to believe what was happening, but he gave in, because he realised it was the best thing to do.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I prefer Roxas.

Sora is a more static character as he doesn't change much over the course of his journey because he's already a great guy. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But we get to see Roxas from his birth until his death and I felt like his character development was handled really well, especially as he was trying to figure out life and his own purpose in Days. I also admire his strength through all the tragedy he's forced to endure again and again.

Xenin

Banned
Sooo much Sora disregard.
I for one like Sora better. Why? Becuase in my opinion Roxas was whiny. He complained alot. Sora likes to have fun. Think of it like this...Ok yes Roxas didn;t know who he was...I get that is disturbing but....Sora went into a sleep for like two years and forgot what happened during those years and just went on with his life..There is also this side of the question. Do you mean post Org. or in Org.? Becuase there completely diffrent. Roxas in Org. was like slow but happy alot while post Org. thought he was someone else so kinda screwed up his personality. I still like sora though...Sora is the guy I'd hang with at the party

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Something about how the thread topic is phrased makes me a bit hesitant to answer...

Anyways, I choose neither. I neither like nor dislike either of them, so they're both on equal ground in my eyes.

D

Deleted member 71005

Who is the better person? That's a tough question, Roxas didn't really actually live that long. But I would have to say that the overall better person is Sora. But as for who I like more, I would have to say Roxas.

Flurry

I think Roxas in one way better than sora beacuse he actually thought things through. (Guess he is the smart half)

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
I liked roxas because in soem senses he always seemed more mature about things.. where as sora seemed to act on impulse, like if someone told him the only way to get somewhere is to smear peanut butter on your head then put banana slices into then walk into a mosquito-ridden bog and walk on a crocadiles tongue... he just might before asking any questions.

Then again in some senses Sora was always more outgoing and seemed to have confidence at a lot of points, where roxas always seemed to have some doubts. so for me I'd say instant answer roxas, but after thinking overall... sora.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I think Sora is faking his attitude for most of the story; I mean, when he first met Donald and Goofy, they basically told him that he needed to smile or they wouldn't take him with them. To a 14 year old who's world has metaphorically and literally been turned up-side-down at least, that means "Suck it up; we're not dealing with constant worry when we don't even know your friends. We'll help you, but shut up."

I also think that Roxas was the "more relateable" one because he didn't have to worry about his friends, and he didn't have to worry about anything really (all the things Sora had to and otherwise), since he didn't have a heart the way Sora had one. Even in his "own little world" (Virtual Twilight Town), he didn't have much to fret about. For the most part in Days, he was trying to do what he thought he was supposed to do (collect hearts, etc.), and then he worried about his friend. But for the most part of the story, he was just trying to exist the way he thought he could (as Roxas, not as Sora).

Both are pretty believable to me.

Either way, I like Sora more. His main drive is to find or protect his friends, whether it be Kairi and Riku, or the new friends he earns while looking for his two besties (when trying to stop the influx of Darkness and such). Where Roxas' main drive is more like protecting himself and trying to find out who he is.

B

Bodaciously G

It's quite hard to say which one is considered to be the better half of the whole person. Both had their various highlights in the series where their character traits really made them stand out among the others in a particular game though at the same time one has to admit that they seem to have their bad moments as well. Yet when it comes to personal favorite, I would have to say Roxas but only by a slight lead as I adored the character back in the pre-KHII fervor that used to overwhelm the forums many years ago.

Digidude111

I'll go with Roxas. I could almost always relate to him in his situations. While Sora is still cool, he's sort of shallow. Roxas was good in Days except in the middle of the game: he seemed to have unbelieveable charecter quailities. (Not the "awesome" version of the word unbelieveable)

Wonderglow

I'd have to say I prefer Sora cuz he's a more developed character and you can see how he's grown to the situations he's been dealt. Roxas is a cool guy and all but he's just too... obvious. Like that one character in pretty much every story with the most inner conflicts, but Roxas was a very short-lived drama so it's not even as good.

...and that's like Xion but sooooo much worse

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Y'know what I just noticed... this, if we were to gain any sort of "Who do we think is better" thing, needs a poll... otherwise one would have to read through most if not all of the posts...

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
It doesn't matter. Ven would kick both of their asses and he isn't even a master either.

Wonderglow

Y'know what I just noticed... this, if we were to gain any sort of "Who do we think is better" thing, needs a poll... otherwise one would have to read through most if not all of the posts...

pshhh too practical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back