• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Articles of Literacy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.

I just want to say that Thelonepickle has helped with my rehabili-... no, wait. She didn't help with my rehab, but thanks to this article of brilliance-itechnicalitynessedly, I passed mah english/language arts finals.
//end success story//

Thanks Pickle. :3 ((Read this when you come back))

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Silver! *tacklehugs* I'm so proud of you! Bringing honor to the Yasai name....

Wish me luck on my exam ... I have the second part of the English test tommorrow- the essay.

I am so overcome with joy. <.<

I'll keep Picklo's teachings in mind, though hopefully I won't need them. o.<

Last edited:

Kaiku

Bronze Member
Website
www.s14.invisionfree.com
Wow...That is a lot of things that one could do wrong if not careful. Well, about the only thing I really to change much is the "said" thing, and maybe watch for typos. Thank you much for the advice. So now I've got double reinforcement, this thread and my college English class.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
*sees the nice things people say*

O.O

*strange squealing strangled noises*

._. I am very happy. =DDDDD *gives Silver... a cake. And GoH*

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys would like to see something added to this? Ya know, if you need help with anything? Just ask! ^-^

I'm back, btw. XD

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
thx, for the lesson,I made a fanfic,but I put it in script style..... Teach me how to take so much dialoge and turn it into a non-script style,plz....My fanfic is http://forums.khinsider.com/fan-fiction/82118-kingdom-hearts-new-world.html#post2113912

keep in mind,I wrote this before reading your thread,so I didn't really know scripts were so bad....(other than scripts....people liked it) you should prob PM your advice if you gimme some...plz I need some advice.

I also made a short one...it's also in script style (took me 2 min to come up with it,so if ya don't like it...that's why

http://forums.khinsider.com/fan-fiction/82138-short-one.html#post2115698

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I did, don't worry....I posted something on "short one"...hope you read it....let's take it to PM,Let's not keep spreading everything all over everyone's threads

R

Red Whirlwind

First of all, thank you so much for putting something like this on here! It's very helpful, and interesting to read to boot. In my curiousity, I researched the "two spaces after a period" part, and I thought you might like to read this, Pickle (and anyone else who's interested, of course): Report: One Versus Two Spaces After a Period
However, concerning the "straight quotes" (straight quotation marks) mentioned in the article, I believe that only matters for documents that require measurements, such as 5' 1".

P.S. You might want to consider adding a small explanation of the differences between "its" and "it's". A number of people seem to have trouble with this.

Last edited:

KeytoTwilight

I love you for making this. I should steal it and post it in other roleplaying forums where people don't get what it means to be literal. I would hug you, but it's weird enough that I said I love you. ^.^ Tata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back