• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura Collaboration: Utada Hikaru's Cover Album

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: Tetsuya Nomura Collaboration: Utada Hikaru's Cover Album

I kind of wish he'd included her holding a dish in one hand and a washcloth in the other. But it's still gorgeous, I can't stop looking at it.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh my! Nomura did an amazing job! This pic wonderful. I also freaked out when I saw the command menu at the bottom. Also, someone pointed out, that the teddy bear chair has some resemblance to a keyhole.

Oh, there is this memory that pops in to my mind. I remember when my sister bought some Utada Hikaru collection album in December a few years back, an we just sat in her room listening the wonderful songs. I really wish Utada comes back.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Neat command menu, so it's Sing, Charge, Magic, and Item.... Oh no, don't tell me they're thinking of bringing back the Atlantica singing world from KH2! :eek: lol

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Now they just need to reveal that KH III theme song, please let it happen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Now they just need to reveal that KH III theme song, please let it happen.

IF Utada decides to return. Nomura has certainly revived the hope that it is possible, but even he is worried about what she may decide considering his comments.

Articus

IF Utada decides to return. Nomura has certainly revived the hope that it is possible, but even he is worried about what she may decide considering his comments.

If anything, she has fans from this series, and will probably do so to avoid disappointing those fans. I can imagine (well, not really) the pressure she is receiving to do the KH3 theme. It's inevitable despite the drama. Wasn't the issue about the money? She will get an insane amount of traffic from new fans from this series. I don't really see how she loses out to be honest.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

If anything, she has fans from this series, and will probably do so to avoid disappointing those fans. I can imagine (well, not really) the pressure she is receiving to do the KH3 theme. It's inevitable despite the drama. Wasn't the issue about the money? She will get an insane amount of traffic from new fans from this series. I don't really see how she loses out to be honest.

Kind of. Disney pays a licensing fee to use her music, that much is clear, but they also commission her to make the songs in the first place and then in turn expect her to make an english version. Her father's said that Disney doesn't pay enough. She's said that she thinks it hurts the integrity of the songs since the languages are different, despite being really really proud of Simple and Clean.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

I..didn't know that and I do like her music. I hope she will come back..I always say JP to ENG translation is more of an art than a science, hence why they are so different. Not to mention she may of done the ENG version for "sounds good" instead of direct translation. (I don't know Japanese but I wish her well.)

Rau Le Creuset

I'm pretty sure she'll be back. I don't understand how she could choose not to come back. I would definitely feel a sense of pride and obligation to the fans and the series. One more song to complete a work years in the making, she should be (and probably is) very proud of how iconic this has grown thanks to her. Imagine all those trailers without her voice.. I shudder to think.

Although, i hope for the next saga they choose another artist along with a new cast of characters.

Rau Le Creuset

You don't think so?

I guess it might be a little hard for some people to see Sora, Riku, and freaking Axel not in the next game, but I think a New saga should be a new saga. Would you be apposed to something like that? Maybe I'm alone in this..

Edit: Thinking this over.. Lea will definitely die for the 12th time in KH3.. so maybe he won't be in the new saga. I can dream.

Edit again: When Lea dies in KH3 he'll become a nobody again and re-appear in the knew saga. They can't get rid of any characters..

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex

Oh wow! so pretty and the command bar at the bottom, AHHHH!!!!

Sure I'd wanna hear passion/sanctuary, simple and clean covers, but I wanz hear that KH3 song more than anything. Make me cry Utada (did I write that for everyone to see, I mean ummm lol)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You don't think so?

I guess it might be a little hard for some people to see Sora, Riku, and freaking Axel not in the next game, but I think a New saga should be a new saga. Would you be apposed to something like that? Maybe I'm alone in this..

Edit: Thinking this over.. Lea will definitely die for the 12th time in KH3.. so maybe he won't be in the new saga. I can dream.

Edit again: When Lea dies in KH3 he'll become a nobody again and re-appear in the knew saga. They can't get rid of any characters..

I'm not opposed to it, but Nomura's already come out and said that Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story so any game released will always have something to do with him.

Lea will live. Killing him has no impact anymore xD

Rau Le Creuset

Hmm, that's unfortunate. Now that I know it all feels less mysterious..

Nobody can die anymore. They just become heartless and nobodies, and for whatever reason when those die, the person is regenerated. Unless this cycle can only happen once, no death will ever matter xD. I wonder who came up with that. It hurt me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hmm, that's unfortunate. Now that I know it all feels less mysterious..

Nobody can die anymore. They just become heartless and nobodies, and for whatever reason when those die, the person is regenerated. Unless this cycle can only happen once, no death will ever matter xD. I wonder who came up with that. It hurt me.

I'm sure SOMEBODY will die. KH3 has to have some kind of melancholic moments...

Rau Le Creuset

So am I, but nobody can die. They can all just be brought back, and resurrection nullifies the meaning and sacrifice. But maybe they will find a way to actually get rid of someone.

Don't I sound like a downer.. I'm still excited and stuff!

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Just because nobody had been shown to die doesn't mean nobody will ever. We know that the concept of death does exist in the KHverse as stated by Ansem the Wise in one of his reports, and it happens when the soul leaves the body.

Sooner or later death will manifest in the KHverse, and KH3 is a good place for it to happen as any, especially with Master Xehanort who we know will be defeated once and for all (and probably some characters as well - Isa, perhaps?). Though the series has been littered by sad and bittersweet endings and a happy one seems overdue, not everyone has to survive for a good ending.

But I digress. This is a topic for another day.

Rau Le Creuset

Lots of people have been shown to die.. the problem is, is that they created this recurring cycle. Death creates a heartless and a Nobody, and if those are destroyed you are brought back. Right?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Actually, that happens if you mess with their hearts, I think. You have to make their hearts collapse in some way to create a heartless and a nobody.

If you make them bleed to death or do a mortal injury to the body, THEN someone can actually die. We haven't seen more than 1 whole person get truely killed in the games so far (Master Eraqus), and yes his heart survived(yes that's from spoilers I read, I didn't think until recently I'd ever get a chance to play Birth By Sleep). I think if Xenohort's going to get killed though, no one is going to harbor THAT heart. It'll be a Voldemort situation (I think you've read the final book of that, right?) tho if rebirth is also part of the story, it might not be permanent, but he won't have his memories anymore when he comes back as a baby...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Heartless aren't formed by death. Instead, they came about by losing one's heart to the darkness, and in rare cases they might also form a Nobody. In such a case, the soul still stays with the body wherever it goes, and this is especially evident from how Nobodies were able to function; the soul is the driving force that allows one to perform physical functions.

However, as this is a thread for Utada's album art by Nomura, this discussion will eventually derail it. If you have further stuff to discuss, you're very welcome to create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back