• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► TD actually needs help... Joy...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devious

My father doesn't seem to want to support me, or even identify me as his son anymore. He looks at me as if he wants to disown me. I want to be emancipated from him so he can go on with his life without me in his way. However, emancipation will remove me from my mother's life as well. She wants to support me and I know she's doing all she can to help me grow to be an intelligent and well-brought-up man.

Ever since my parents have divorced each other (when I was 3 years old) my father and I never spoke much. The most we would talk about was what I did wrong, or how disappointed he was in me, or the weather, or politics or what-have-you as long as it wasn't very drawn out. Now he's getting married and he refuses to support me financially. He wants me to get a job and I'm doing the best I can to get one. I have gone to a few interviews and I have a job offer from a friend of mine for a Champion Ford dealership.

He seems to want me to move out right now and get out of his life as soon as possible. This I can do, given the possibility through law.

My question from this would be: Does anyone know of a form of emancipation that removes me from my father's life but still has him support me through stipen checks?

He has a college fund saved for me which he will probably try to take as his own if I go through with this. He also bought me a car which I pay back every month as long as I'm working ($100/month for the car payment and $110/month for insurance). He will probably try and take this from me as well if I go through with this.

I don't care if he succeeds with either of them (considering the judge's opinion on this, he will probably be forced to give these both to me along with extra financial support). I just want him to get what he wants from this part in his life. He's most likely going through his mid-life crisis ( if so, he's at the trophy-wife stage) and I want him to have his space and not have to worry about a teenager he finds to be a disappointment.

For the Record: He considers me a disappointment for my grades. He is well aware of my intelligence, but finds it to be an illusion if I can't get the grades to prove it. I spit at his reasoning...

Please help me if you can.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
no offense but your father sound like a total smutz! why not just leave him and live with your mother or file a lawsuit for child nelgectency?

Devious

That won't work. He's got a college fund for me, feeds me, clothes me (rarely buys clothes or asks if I need them), bought me a car that I'm paying back, et all. He's barely caring enough to prevent himself from getting negligence on him. He's not abusive physically, and mentally is difficult to pursue in court.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
oy, i give suggestion and it bites me back. well TD hate to say this but i'm out of ideas.

Devious

It's fine, you tried your best. Even suggesting something helps. It broadens ideas and relinquishes beginning assumptions to leave only the true answer visible to the eye.

In short: you've helped to solving my trouble.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
well at least i helped. as they say: "a single step of wisdom will take you through the path to true knowledge."

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I haven't a clue how to help yet, but for personal reasons, I, too, am looking up information on emancipation (though it's a last resort for me), so if I find anything helpful, I'll give you a hand, okay?

Morning Twilight

Although this may seem tough, you need to try to support yourself while under your father's house. Don't move out, but try to live on your own. Stay out of his way for a while. Basically, it'll be like you're not even there. But don't move out. Because if he doesn't want you home, i don't see him as a father at all. But that's my personal opinion. As long as you stay in his house, he can't take those things away from you (except the car, and if he does, tell him you need it to get to your job, so if he really does want you out, he'll let you keep paying for it). It's obvious you care a lot about your father, but i really don't think moving out would be best for both of you. If he is in a midlife crisis, you moving out would probably make it worse, although he may not realize it. It sux that ur in this position. I'm sorry that you have to deal w/ it.

Devious

Things have just taken a turn for the worse, unfortunately. My mother no longer wants me to stay at her house because I never called her last night. Now I'm stuck staying at my father's. If things continue to worsen I will become emancipated from my mother and father. I plan to prove them both wrong in their ideals about me. Thank you for your help, Morning Twilight. That helped, I'll stay until the bitter end, but as a last resort I'll print out the emancipation papers.

Dark-Disciple

The 5th Apocalyptic Rider
Riding with Famine, Death, Pestilence and Destruct
Dude… that’s a tough one^
I’ve helped quite a lot of people with dealing with the pressure of having unsupportive parents, but I still haven’t had a case like yours (^not meant to emphasize on anything)

But ok, I am determined to help you with this bro. I know you are a kickass individual, a great friend and brilliant overall person^
And dude, it hurts to see people like you go through this kind of ‘stuff’ (<replace with whatever you wish.)

But yeah, Pm me as soon as you can if you wish, or just tell me everything that has been going on since your last post. It’s been around a month since then, and I would rather help you with newer developments than to dwindle on things that might’ve already happened^

Come on bro, I want to help you with this^

And yes, it hurts me to see how people still believe that school is the only place where you can set a barometer on someone’s intelligence trough the oh-so-impolsive grading system.
Bro, right off the bat, your father’s logic fails^

Last edited:
A

Azanulbizare

I say be selfish. If you feel that way about him, and he's done nothing for you (By his own will), then **** him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back