• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Tangled: The Animated Series - TV Movie coming March 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Did you guys see the movie? I liked it a lot but I have some complaints.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Muke

whatever
Awards
I haven't since I dunno when it'll come out with German Dub. Dx
Though tbh I'd really love to watch the English Dub as well, but there's no way of doing that lol. Anyone know if a DVD/BluRay will be released?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I still haven't seen the original. *sniffu* BUT it still looks really cute!

It's pretty good and in some ways better than Frozen. Let It Go has nothing on I See the Light. But I personally like both Brave and Moana better.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I agree! Tangled is vastly better than Frozen imho.

By the way, I finally got to see the TV movie yesterday! It was shorter than I expected, but I still really liked it, except for the ending. I thought the King would be understanding and allow Rapunzel to go out or something, but what actually happened was really disappointing imo.

I looove the queen though!!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I really wish Tangled had been traditionally animated. It would have been so much more fitting if drawn in the style of The Princess and the Frog. Not a big fan of the way their eyes look in the movie. Way too big. They improved in Frozen and look perfect in Moana. The latter definitely sets a new standard for these CGI movies.

Knuxpyro56

Of Course there was never any doubt that the music is top notch here. After all its done by the same duo of the original film, Alan Menken and Glenn Slater. Its nice to see this duo again, since we havent seen them since Galavant (and they were totally robbed for an Emmy on that Shows soundtrack)

Knuxpyro56

You can now watch episode 1 on the Disney Channel Youtube page.

[video=youtube;edURn9KLEvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edURn9KLEvA[/video]

Looks like with this, Ducktales, Milo, Big Hero 6, Rebels, Star vs, Disney is gonna have a strong lineup

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Been binge watching this series, and I gotta say that I'm really enjoying it! Lots of heartfelt moments.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Same as Silver_Soul, bought volumes 1 and 2 on itunes, although volume 2 only has up to Willow’s episode. It’s very touching and heartfelt with some fantastic moments of humour and innovative animation techniques. And I love their guest voice actors! Hearing Dean Winters, Danielle Brooks, and Jane Krakowski was wonderful. The latter made me laugh with every line because I had recently come off a 30 Rock binge so it was like seeing Rapunzel interact with Jenna Maroney.

Hopefully more episodes get added to Volume 2’s season pass so I’m all caught up before the season final next month.

Knuxpyro56

So with The Season being finished what did you guys think. I loved it, and that ending makes me so excited for season 2. But i do have some questions?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And as a question, do you think we will see some form of the Rocks in Kingdom Hearts 3?

ImVentus

Awards
Overall I thought the finale was good but I wish we would have seen more interactions between Rapunzel & the Queen. I don't know to me it felt like they didn't know what to do with the Queen.

Other than that this episode had a pretty good improved animation as well. Most of Varian's scenes were rather fluid and some felt more like it came out of a movie than tv show.

Ive been thinking about that thing with the rocks but I'm not sure if they will appear in KH3 since we don't know yet if it will be a re-tread to Tangled or a original story.

I think that warrior at the end is connected to Varian's father somehow. With that symbol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully not soon. The last episode released on my iTunes season pass is "Queen for a Day" and that was back on January 7th. I need several episodes to drop before I finish up the season and start begging for Season 2.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Holy damn, I just finished the last three episodes and I am too lazy to type out spoiler tags so ignore how vague the following is.

I am shook at what transpired, and I can't believe the twists and turns. And I'm so eager for where Season 2 can and will go.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
* Disney Channel has renewed Tangled: The Series for Season 3 and given the animated series a new title — Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure — ahead of its Season 2 premiere on Sunday, June 24.

Glad to see we are less than a month away from Tangled season 2, but very interesting that they've changed the title of the show.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What a strange change...
Changes movie title from ‘Rapunzel’ to ‘Tangled’ to appeal to a wider audience then changes tv series title from ‘Tangled the Series’ to ‘Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventures’ to appeal to a wider audience.

I get that the season focuses on Rapunzel and her crew exploring the wider world but the name change wasn’t necessary for that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So it will be back on June 24? That's very soon.
It was included in Disney Channel's summer of original programming, but I assumed that meant July or August since there was no date attached to that. Great to get Ducktales, Big Hero 6, and Tangled during the same time frame :)

Knuxpyro56

So season 2 premired today and that opening number was just.... so good.

Alan Menken and Glenn Slater are so good together. From Tangled to Galavant and Bronx Tale, they can do no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back