• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Sword in the Stone - another live action film to fill the Tron 3-shaped void in your heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
A Toontown movie? (Based on the game, not Who Framed Roger Rabbit.)

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I thought I've heard there will also be a live action Aladdin movie which sort of acts like a prequel nobody asked for.

Are these movies really that cheap that Disney can churn out them so shortly one after another?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought I've heard there will also be a live action Aladdin movie which sort of acts like a prequel nobody asked for.

Yup

http://forums.khinsider.com/disney/206813-genies-live-action-aladdin-prequel.html

Are these movies really that cheap that Disney can churn out them so shortly one after another?

It is more that Disney thinks they will earn a profit off of stories that people already have a vested interest in, not considering that people may not want these films.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It is more that Disney thinks they will earn a profit off of stories that people already have a vested interest in, not considering that people may not want these films.
Well, if they've been making a profit, then somebody must want them? I believe the only films they've greenlit so far that I'm giving side-eye to are the Prince Charming film and Genies, but even the latter couldn't be worse than Maleficent was (and would lead into Aladdin, which I'd definitely see).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, if they've been making a profit, then somebody must want them? I believe the only films they've greenlit so far that I'm giving side-eye to are the Prince Charming film and Genies, but even the latter couldn't be worse than Maleficent was (and would lead into Aladdin, which I'd definitely see).

I don't think the general audience was rooting for the film based on Prince Charming's brother or live action Winnie the Pooh. Thinking something will be potentially profitable and the general audiences actually wanting that film are not exclusively the same as we know all too well with box office misses like Tomorrowland, John Carter, the Lone Ranger, and and so forth.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
tumblr_mof36gsbBJ1qj5t08o1_500.gif

Honestly, this has to be the Disney live action film I am the most not excited for and low key upset about. I love The Sword in the Stone, but honestly I 100% can see this remake going the route of The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Besides, there's already like multitudes of live action Arthurian stories I've seen and loved that I just really doubt this one will do anything to really set it apart, especially since Disney isn't really known for doing huge game-changing adaptations.

Brian Cogman, a writer-producer on HBO’s fantasy Game of Thrones, has been tapped to pen the script for the project,

Jennifer-Lawrence-Makes-Gross-Face.gif

Rael_Oblivion

Yesssss. Super excited for this!!!!! I loved the Sword in the Stone as a kid, and mostly credit it with sparking my lifelong love for any story related to Arthurian legend.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't think the general audience was rooting for the film based on Prince Charming's brother or live action Winnie the Pooh. Thinking something will be potentially profitable and the general audiences actually wanting that film are not exclusively the same as we know all too well with box office misses like Tomorrowland, John Carter, the Lone Ranger, and and so forth.
Tbh, the WtP live-action won't do any worse than most WtP films do, and WtP is a popular property for Disney, so... I don't think any of these will end up like the original films you listed. If anything, it's those original flops that led them to make more and more safe re-make/sequel decisions. Plus, something like the Prince Charming film, even if it does badly, won't cost anywhere near as much to make as those films and Tron did, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back