• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Superman: The Man Of Steel (The Returns Sequel)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
The Man Of Steel Will return Superman to the silver screen, aimed for a 2009 Release, Bryan Singer will return to direct the Sequel to his hit film that brought the Man Of Steel back to feature films in a BIG way.

Taking place five years after Superman 2, Returns removed the subsequent films from Superman continuity, giving the hero a fresh start.

It was revealed today, by the writer of the film, that Superman would go up against more than one villain in the Man Of Steel, and they are from his Comics history.

This would support my theory that Brainiac is the villain, manipulated by Darkseid. While Darkseid would appear in MOS, he wouldn't become a central figure until the third film in this new trilogy.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Doomsday is a gimmick villain, he couldn't hold up the status of a feature film. I say Brainiac as the central villain for MOS, Darkseid as the mastermind, but not core, sort of like a Darth Sidious role. And then Lex Luthor will also be in the film. I think two villains like Darkseid and Brainiac would be enough. Doomsday would just be pathetic.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
I hope it is Brainiac. I was actually hoping that he may have had a small role in Returns, but he didn't. I love Brainiac, and it'd definately be cool to see him in this movie, especially with Darkseid pulling his strings.

And Doomsday is godawful. Like Inner-Demon said, he was a gimmick villain. He's nothing. He was ONLY created to do that whole Death of Superman thing. If Doomsday was put on the screen alongside Brainiac and Lex Luthor, I'd boycott. Swear to god I would.

cloud321

Another Superman movie.........It may be good, but then again, I don't really know. When it comes to Superman movies, they just seem to disappoint me in one way or another.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I hope it is Brainiac. I was actually hoping that he may have had a small role in Returns, but he didn't. I love Brainiac, and it'd definately be cool to see him in this movie, especially with Darkseid pulling his strings.

And Doomsday is godawful. Like Inner-Demon said, he was a gimmick villain. He's nothing. He was ONLY created to do that whole Death of Superman thing. If Doomsday was put on the screen alongside Brainiac and Lex Luthor, I'd boycott. Swear to god I would.
I wouldn't mind seeing Doomsday on the screen. It's not hard to give the character a spin and make him better.
For instance, Brainiac isn't much of the type to do the heavy lifting himself. And Lex is human.
Enter Doomsday as a creation of Brainiac for Superman to fight. I just want them to give him a brain.

Henskie

I'm Batman
I think this could be good because they now know what they did wrong with the other one so this could be even better

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't think you have a right to say that. "They" didn't do anything wrong with Returns, and in their mind I doubt they did wrong. Many loved Returns, and it's had amazing DVD sales, and it did fairly well in theaters just the same.

I, personally, loved every aspect of Returns, it was a great break from the Superhero movies we've had recently. It was very refreshing.

Henskie

I'm Batman
I liked it but the major issue I have heard with it was the fact they wanted for superman action. I have no gripe with it but a heard a lot of fanboys complaining and the squeaky wheel gets the grease

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I hope its good, and better than its sequels, except for the first 2 movies made with Christopher Reeve, R.I.P. I mean all movies of Superman are not bad, but its not exactly the same as the first two, the 3rd and 4th were ok. Superman returns is kind of ok, not exactly what I expected, although I sure do wish it was still C.R, because he made superman something special.

P.S In my opinion.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
How about Bizarro, Brainiac, and Darkseid? That would be kickass. Screw Doomsday.
Not going to work. A character like Bizarro is going to be treated like crap in the movie and by the public if he's not done right. And he can't be if you throw his story in together with Brainiac and Darkseid.

In the movie universe, Bizarro should be a failed cloning experiment from Lex.

I liked it but the major issue I have heard with it was the fact they wanted for superman action. I have no gripe with it but a heard a lot of fanboys complaining and the squeaky wheel gets the grease
You hard fanboys complaining? Excuse me. I'll be the first to admit I'm a Superman fanboy, and I did not once complain about Superman Returns. I freaking loved it.
It was the action blockbuster junkie public that complained. Ever since 2000 when X-Men hit, every Comic Book Movie that's come along has been about action and created this stigma that a Comic Book Movie HAS to HAVE action in it. Superman may be powerhouse, but he's not the Hulk. The only thing greater than his strength is his character and that's what Returns decided to focus on. And it did it perfectly.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, Bizarro couldn't work. This isn't about throwing random villains in together, the plot has to work for all of them. I honestly don't think Bizarro could hold a film anyhow.

Darkseid and Brainiac work because they could easily be tied together with the plot. Darkseid could manipulate Brainiac to attack Earth, draw out Superman, then Darkseid manipulates Supes, much like he's done his entire existence. He's built off manipulating Superman in one way or another.

Then comes Superman 3. Which could be called "The Last Son of Krypton", as I've stated in another thread, Darkseid has always been after the Anti-Life Equation. So, that has to be a plot in the two films if Darkseid is openly involved.

Singer could take from an Elseworlds novel, which actually had the Anti-Life Equation on Krypton, and Jor-El sent it with Superman. That could all work cause then Darkseid would be hellbent on killing Superman and ruining his life if he didn't give up the Anti-Life Equation. Even though Kal-El wouldn't know about it.

Anyhow, about Doomsday, I really like what Justice League did with Doomsday. IF Doomsday was ever involved, he should be a clone of Superman, who was built by Cadmus and Lex Luthor to stop Superman if he ever went berserk.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
Yeah, Bizarro couldn't work. This isn't about throwing random villains in together, the plot has to work for all of them. I honestly don't think Bizarro could hold a film anyhow.

Darkseid and Brainiac work because they could easily be tied together with the plot. Darkseid could manipulate Brainiac to attack Earth, draw out Superman, then Darkseid manipulates Supes, much like he's done his entire existence. He's built off manipulating Superman in one way or another.

Then comes Superman 3. Which could be called "The Last Son of Krypton", as I've stated in another thread, Darkseid has always been after the Anti-Life Equation. So, that has to be a plot in the two films if Darkseid is openly involved.

Singer could take from an Elseworlds novel, which actually had the Anti-Life Equation on Krypton, and Jor-El sent it with Superman. That could all work cause then Darkseid would be hellbent on killing Superman and ruining his life if he didn't give up the Anti-Life Equation. Even though Kal-El wouldn't know about it.

Anyhow, about Doomsday, I really like what Justice League did with Doomsday. IF Doomsday was ever involved, he should be a clone of Superman, who was built by Cadmus and Lex Luthor to stop Superman if he ever went berserk.

if elseworlds would be involved. I'd love to see some bits of Kingdom Come stuff in there.

Edit:....forgot supes is old in KC, but im sure some elements from there could be put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back