• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Studio Ghibli

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

roxasthemighty

In my parents basement, sittining in a beanbag cha
Hi all,
The other day i was watching Howl's Moving Castle when i realized it was produced by Disney. I went online and found out that the company that made it (studio ghibli) is partnered with disney for the rights to the north american version of the film. Does anybody think theres any chance at all of getting a world like the one in HMC in a future kh?

State

Awards
Although that movie was fantastic and all, I can't see that kind of character cast nor plot in it. It seems more like an anime thing.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Hiyao Miazaki wouldn't roll with the KH idea, I don't think.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The Miyazaki Web - Disney Tokuma Deal - News articles

Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki and Disney don't exactly agree with each other, even though SE does all the development by themselves and Disney almost never, or never at all checks up during the dev process and just slaps their name onto the KH series because of their characters' copyrights.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
Hey, a KH fan can dream. But Sprited away will be a awesome world, or Ponyo. beats me.

but ofcoruse! having SG movies in kh would be the best- escpesially princess mononoke or spirited away (humans, gods and heartless, oh my!) if not a world, then as summons- kh seriously needs some badass summons in here...Moro and kohaku (or howl, clasifer or maybe ponoyo) should do the trick!

The Miyazaki Web - Disney Tokuma Deal - News articles

Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki and Disney don't exactly agree with each other, even though SE does all the development by themselves and Disney almost never, or never at all checks up during the dev process and just slaps their name onto the KH series because of their characters' copyrights.

so, someone finally realizes this, huh X3?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure someone must've said this at some point earlier on :p

That's mainly why Disney pisses me off. They don't do anything for KH except set limits on what SE can do to the characters. All they care about is profit. And yes, I'm also blaming them for Utada refusing the deal to write another song for KH because they asked for too much and didn't give enough in return.

I remember watching an interview for KH1, and Nomura mentioned the SE and Disney shared the same building in Japan. If they shared the same building, why didn't Disney ever help with development?

State

Awards
Well, after PotC, I think (almost) anything is game. And the fact that Square is already kind of affiliated with Anime, I wouldn't be too surprized
You missed something between almost and anything: DISNEY. Up to this point, there hasn't been any non-Disney and non-original worlds in any KH game.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
I'm sure someone must've said this at some point earlier on :p

That's mainly why Disney pisses me off. They don't do anything for KH except set limits on what SE can do to the characters. All they care about is profit. And yes, I'm also blaming them for Utada refusing the deal to write another song for KH because they asked for too much and didn't give enough in return.

I remember watching an interview for KH1, and Nomura mentioned the SE and Disney shared the same building in Japan. If they shared the same building, why didn't Disney ever help with development?

i think i have a new fav member on khi- where the heck were you when i posted the aqua design thread?!

disney doesnt help because there to busy screwin with america consumers at the time of development- i think at the time kh com or kh2 was in the works, that was when a few kids died in a park or 2 and brainwashing other kids to be like hanna the hillbilly (no offence to anyone from the country or her dad, cuz billy- unlike his daughter- is actually kickass).

so yeah- disney dont do crap. kh is much better in the hands of square alone (as it has been) or with studio ghibli sidekickin with them. or, just about anyother gaming company that has nothin to do with disney, really

and, yes- my respect for disney is as exsistant as santa clause or the easter bunny XD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I dunno, when did you make that thread? I just joined a week or two ago :)

I used to like Disney when I was a kid because of their animated movies and whatnor, until they started focusing everything on the tweeners and the brainwashed children.

and, yes- my respect for disney is as exsistant as santa clause or the easter bunny XD

Santa Claus is real. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back