• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Strange things about Xion...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipapo

Website
pixiv.me
Hello, this is my first time here and I hope everything will go for the best. This forum looks really interesting and very open-minded around KH so here I am ^o^ I would like to warn you that english is not my mother-tongue so if I make mistakes, please tell me (if you want/can :D).

I warn you, this thread is looooong and there is no TL:DR, so make sure you have all your time to read it!

Anyway, first of all, I wanted to post this thread on the Days forum but I found out some weird stuff and I thought this will be a better place to talk about it. The logic of this might be a little awkward but please read till the end....which will take probably a long time... <:D

So, firstly, I never played KH days and I merely watched playthrough on youtube and the movie from KH 1.5 . Unfortunately, on these videos, you don't get the chance to look at the "secret" stuff, in this case, the secret reports. You can get them here. (They are also sorted by author.)

We know who is Xion, according to this wiki :

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I read all of these reports and some little things rang a bell in my mind somehow. I'll begin with Xemnas's :

Day 7 : Meaning
A name defines an object. Describes the span of it. Gives it purpose. We embarked upon the Replica Program to ensure our new power stays ours. Now, our shadow puppet, "No. i," lives. It needs a name. Something to define it. To give the hollow vessel purpose.

Day 255: Final Stages
Xion's appearance should vary based on the relation of the viewer to her. Saïx sees her simply as a puppet. The Program approaches completion. Through Roxas, Xion is assembling a copy of the hero of the Keyblade. As proof, she sometimes appears to take on his form to my eyes.

Day 322: The Plan
Be they a puppet or the hero's Nobody, we merely need a functional Keyblade master. The details are unimportant. The puppet has developed to a point where the hero of the Keyblade may be entirely redundant. Indeed, perhaps we ought never allow Sora to awaken. He cannot be controlled. He will rise up against us. We must move our agenda ahead with that firmly in mind.

It might be something trivial, but why did he use her name and "she" on day 255? before and after that, he only uses "puppet" and "it". I found this quite awkward because it seems his second reports treats Xion as someone and not something like the two others.

When you read Saïx reports, it gets a little weirder. I'll begin on day 150 :

Day 150:Dealing with Xion
As expected, the Duplicate is starting to show its limits. The Program showed promise, but a puppet is just a puppet: something to be toyed with until it breaks. I am utterly at a loss as to what Roxas and Axel see in that thing. How best to dispose of it merits my consideration going forward.

Day 171: The No. i Project
Xion failed to complete its mission. If this continues, destroying it and using the next Replica as the Duplicate would undoubtedly yield a higher-grade copy. No. i was among the initial lot, which naturally raises questions about its capabilities. At present, it is nothing short of broken. I cannot fathom why Xemnas would want to keep it.

Indeed, why haven't they (well, especially Xemnas since he seems to be the one to keep her) replaced her if something better could have been made? According to Saïx, it seems Vexen was not that important in the Replica Program, as he wrote that the next Replica should be used (is he talking about Riku replica?). But then, did SaÏx truly knew all about the project?
This part is even more strange :

Day 174: Just a Replica
Xion continues to sleep. All analysis on its function suggests no marked change. The copying appears to be working, but a Replica is a Replica. My latest report to Xemnas on this net me no clear answers. He simply stood, smiling. At times I find his thinking impenetrable.

Smiling? what the duck?? I mean, it could have been a smirk , a grin, a sneer whatever I don't know, but a smile? The japanese part goes like this :明確な返答は得られず、笑うだけだった。 "Warau" can be written in two different ways 笑う or 嗤う. The former actually means "to smile, to laugh" while the latter means "to sneer". So they purposely showed it was a smile, which is more sincere than a sneer (YRLY). Why then? (perhaps he
was thinking of something else, although I highly doubt it).

Furthermore, it shows that Xemnas is most likely leading all of this alone. Xigbar's reports enhance this fact and show that there is something strange between Xion and Xemnas :

Day 256: Who We Each See
Xion's disappearance is fascinating. If she really is breaking from our control, it's a sign of her approaching the essence of the hero. It seems Saïx doesn't truly "see" her. I'm curious to know how she appears to the others. I see her as...him, though I suspect that Xemnas sees entirely something else in her.

Xigbar thinks Xemnas sees something else in her. When Xigbar says "something else in her", I thought he was talking about something as in something useful. However, the japanese part goes like this : 俺には奴に見えるが、おそらくゼムナスにはまた違った姿に見えているんだろう。(I can see him (that guy) but, as for Xemnas, he's probably seeing a (whole?) different figure/appearance.) So, I don't know if that sentence puzzled anyone, it's more like an information...but oh well....
Anyway, this report was written one day after Xemnas's (the one he speaks of Xion as someone). So Xemnas sees a girl, that's sure but who exactly?

Day 296: Hidden Truths
None of us really know everything that's going on in Castle Oblivion. Some rooms even Xemnas doesn't know about. Not many are even aware that Xion was born there. I wonder if the truth about that place will ever surface.

Yeah, we might probably know in KHIII because (highlight) Xion appeared in both Coded and 3D and in 3D, she is seen in front of Xigbar and on the DI.. Anyway, only speculations and theories can come out of this so, let's continue.

Axel's reports point out that Xion might be totally someone else, although he first saw someone looking like Naminé :

Day 74: Xion's Face
Honestly, I never got why Roxas was so crazy about Xion. I know they both joined up around the same time, and they're both rookies, but how do you get so close to somebody who hides their face all the time? Well, I saw it today. All of a sudden, No. XIV up and takes off...her hood. Xion is a girl, and she looks just like Naminé.

I like the way he says " Xion is a girl"...No, really? come on, you guys wear high-heel and breasts sometimes?

Day 172: Meaning Behind the Words
There has to be something to what Saïx said. Why isn't Xion qualified to be one of us? He said to just look at her, but at what? The fact that she looks like Naminé? Xion and Naminé must be connected. Whose Nobody is Xion, anyway? What is Saïx hiding?

At that time, Axel did know about the Replica program but not about Xion, for him, he saw her as someone. That's why he thinks Saïx is hiding something (but Saïx's report on day 174 might states that things might be hidden to him as well).
Anyway, here's the most interesting part :

Day 194: The Replica
I thought I'd never see the word "Replica" again. Any rational man would realize the Riku Replica was not likely unique, but I'm the only one in the Organization who knew of his exceptional copying functionality, and that he ultimately formed a sense of self. The fact that I knew all that and still never noticed the truth about Xion speaks to how remarkable a Replica she must be.
But my questions remain unanswered. Who is she a Replica of? Naminé? Kairi? Or perhaps someone entirely different? Why did the Organization admit her into this membership? And why would such a fine Replica fall unconscious or sporadically lose its command of the Keyblade?

That part is quite interesting because it shows that for Axel, Repliku was imperfect contrary to Xion but he had exceptional copying functionnality (personally , I don't get that part). However, was it because he looked exactly like the original Riku? in fact, the Replica encountered Riku quite a lots of time. People mostly thinks that Xion looks like Kaïri (and like Naminé from Axel pov), but the fact is she developed a sense of self at the beginning : she was, and people knew she was Xion. And when she went to pay a visit to Naminé, she didn't find any resemblance with her, well, she didn't have a problem with her... Furthermore, Xion is left-handed, no one else is (except Ventus, but only in early development); but her looks might match Kaïri's ( you'll notice it's a mirror of Kaïri's first haircut...somehow, mostly for the bangs ) although, IMO, her personality is quite different from Kaïri's and slightly looks like Sora's/Roxas's. ( She is shy (well, in the beginning...yes), but she is strong-minded, she's a fighter, she has her own free will (that's the point of her story, you'll tell me...yes)).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Anyway, Axel adds the possibility that she might be the Replica of someone else, something that might not be because of her looks. But there are few differences with Kaïri or Sora....What is the strangest for me is that she is left-handed...

I intended to end the thread here and ask for your opinions, if it was the developer's intentions to blur the origin of Xion with no real intention to dig any further or if it was made on purpose. But before I was going to write that down, I stumbled upon the strangest "thing" (I'm typing "thing" quite a lots of time, no? <XP ) ...
The logic might confuse you, but it's necessary.

When I played Birth by Sleep (I remind you I never played or watched KH Days until recently), I found quite interesting to have Xehanort's theme slightly looking like Strange Whispers (Ansem Sod 's theme plays in the beginning of Xehanort's theme, it's quite noticeable).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now, Kh days features Xemnas's theme. At first, I find it really weird for him not to have something similar with Xehanort's or Ansem's theme...But...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

What happened to Xion here? How lucky, it's the PERFECT timing !

Aaaah, la musique pour la tristesse de Xion, it has Kaïri's theme and Dearly Beloved playing in it...

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This thread is already long, and I should finish here. Take your time to think and hear about all this stuff and please tell me what you think of it.
Thank you so much for having read so far and sorry for the mistakes I might have made (even though I read the post like 30 times...) , you quite deserve a sea-salt ice-cream for that effort!

By the way, on another note, and if you have the heart to answer this after all this reading : there is an entry from Xion which left me puzzled:

Day 151: These Dreams
I wasn't ready to see Roxas again. I can't help but compare us. We both use the Keyblade, but we're so different. Does he dream? It seems like that's all I do anymore. Last night I dreamt of the ocean. I was drowning.

The last sentence is quite "violent" (not sure if it's the right term but you get the feeling). It's just a short sentence, subject-verb, and I don't know about you, but I have the feeling it's quite important. If she is made of memories, wouldn't she dream of Kaïri's or Sora's dreams? is it hers or someone else's? The last part of this entry is so weird to my mind...what do you think about it?

Edit : Is it just me or the videos don't work? I can't figure out why it's doing that....

Last edited by a moderator:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
First of all, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay here, because you'll be here for a long time. For a non-native speaker (neither am I myself), your English is very understandable, so really, there's nothing to apologise for.

And wow... that's a whole wall of information. I had difficulties processing them since it hasn't been too long since I woke up. Right now I might not be able to touch on everything and my understanding may be limited and flawed, but I'll try to look at things to the best of my knowledge and I'd like to focus attention on Repliku.

I'm not quite sure whether or not Repliku is an imperfect copy or not, but it did indeed possess exceptional copying functionalities. He had Riku's face, clothes (even the dark suit), and also fighting style. Probably this is what Axel meant by "exceptional copying functionalities", seeing how something can imitate someone so perfectly. Axel knew that Repliku is a replica of Riku because he looks like, well, Riku.

Whereas for Xion, just as you said, she somehow developed a sense of self from her time with Roxas, thus probably catching Axel (who self-proclaimed that he knew a lot of things about replicas) unaware that she is a replica. This is made even clearer through the fact that even she herself didn't know that she was a puppet, whereas Repliku knew that he wasn't the real thing; because of this, she acted like a normal Nobody and, unbeknownst to even herself, stayed under Axel's radar.

The strangest thing, though, if he saw Xion as Naminé, then he should've known that something was amiss. Why wasn't he suspicious of this, I have no idea.

I think that's all I can think of for now. I believe my answer isn't perfect and may be outright wrong, but I'm sure others who have better understanding than me will show up and help you understand things. And probably, it might be good if at the end of the post, you put a list of points, a summary if you would, of what you're trying to ask to make it easier to refer to your questions.

And once again, assuming that you come from Japan (since you seem to have a good understanding of Japanese), KHIへようこそ!You'll be having fun here. :)

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Hello, this is my first time here and I hope everything will go for the best. This forum looks really interesting and very open-minded around KH so here I am ^o^ I would like to warn you that english is not my mother-tongue so if I make mistakes, please tell me (if you want/can :D).

I warn you, this thread is looooong and there is no TL:DR, so make sure you have all your time to read it!

*cracks knuckles*

I didn't get to finish playing Days because it borked on me but I'll answer things the best I can.

Anyway, first of all, I wanted to post this thread on the Days forum but I found out some weird stuff and I thought this will be a better place to talk about it. The logic of this might be a little awkward but please read till the end....which will take probably a long time... <:D

So, firstly, I never played KH days and I merely watched playthrough on youtube and the movie from KH 1.5 . Unfortunately, on these videos, you don't get the chance to look at the "secret" stuff, in this case, the secret reports. You can get them here. (They are also sorted by author.)

We know who is Xion, according to this wiki :

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'll get on that bolded part later.

I read all of these reports and some little things rang a bell in my mind somehow. I'll begin with Xemnas's :

It might be something trivial, but why did he use her name and "she" on day 255? before and after that, he only uses "puppet" and "it". I found this quite awkward because it seems his second reports treats Xion as someone and not something like the two others.

The first report more or less answers your question. Xemnas understands the importance of identity so he names her because he wants her to have some sense of self. When someone develops a sense of self they develop purpose and when they develop purpose they work for it. At that stage of life Xion had no identity, she was in fact an empty puppet with no self of sense or no purpose. Later on Xemnas acknowledges her as an actual person, therefor, he uses more personal worlds to describe her versus objective words.

When you read Saïx reports, it gets a little weirder. I'll begin on day 150 :

Indeed, why haven't they (well, especially Xemnas since he seems to be the one to keep her) replaced her if something better could have been made? According to Saïx, it seems Vexen was not that important in the Replica Program, as he wrote that the next Replica should be used (is he talking about Riku replica?). But then, did SaÏx truly knew all about the project?
This part is even more strange :

Xemnas's motivations during Days seem rather...odd? Which becomes apparent in 3D. If I had to give a reason to it I'd say it's because Xion's flaws made her a happy accident that would progress things in ways Xemnas hadn't previously imagined I'll also get more to this later.

Smiling? what the duck?? I mean, it could have been a smirk , a grin, a sneer whatever I don't know, but a smile? The japanese part goes like this :明確な返答は得られず、笑うだけだった。 "Warau" can be written in two different ways 笑う or 嗤う. The former actually means "to smile, to laugh" while the latter means "to sneer". So they purposely showed it was a smile, which is more sincere than a sneer (YRLY). Why then? (perhaps he was thinking of something else, although I highly doubt it).

This...I actually wouldn't think too much about. It's something I keep telling people that they should be wary about, but at the end of the day a translation is ultimately an interpretation of the original material. The translators don't the intent of the original writers and write in what they feel would flow best. KH is notorious for having wonky translation at times and the team was liberal in particular with Days' script.

Furthermore, it shows that Xemnas is most likely leading all of this alone. Xigbar's reports enhance this fact and show that there is something strange between Xion and Xemnas :

Xigbar thinks Xemnas sees something else in her. When Xigbar says "something else in her", I thought he was talking about something as in something useful. However, the japanese part goes like this : 俺には奴に見えるが、おそらくゼムナスにはまた違った姿に見えているんだろう。(I can see him (that guy) but, as for Xemnas, he's probably seeing a (whole?) different figure/appearance.) So, I don't know if that sentence puzzled anyone, it's more like an information...but oh well....
Anyway, this report was written one day after Xemnas's (the one he speaks of Xion as someone). So Xemnas sees a girl, that's sure but who exactly?

Yeah, we might probably know in KHIII because (highlight) Xion appeared in both Coded and 3D and in 3D, she is seen in front of Xigbar and on the DI.. Anyway, only speculations and theories can come out of this so, let's continue.

Xemnas sees Xion as at least two different people: Black-haired Kairi and Sora. More on the latter later.

Axel's reports point out that Xion might be totally someone else, although he first saw someone looking like Naminé :

I like the way he says " Xion is a girl"...No, really? come on, you guys wear high-heel and breasts sometimes?

To be fair, Xion's pretty boobless. XD

At that time, Axel did know about the Replica program but not about Xion, for him, he saw her as someone. That's why he thinks Saïx is hiding something (but Saïx's report on day 174 might states that things might be hidden to him as well).
Anyway, here's the most interesting part :

That part is quite interesting because it shows that for Axel, Repliku was imperfect contrary to Xion but he had exceptional copying functionnality (personally , I don't get that part). However, was it because he looked exactly like the original Riku? in fact, the Replica encountered Riku quite a lots of time. People mostly thinks that Xion looks like Kaïri (and like Naminé from Axel pov), but the fact is she developed a sense of self at the beginning : she was, and people knew she was Xion. And when she went to pay a visit to Naminé, she didn't find any resemblance with her, well, she didn't have a problem with her... Furthermore, Xion is left-handed, no one else is (except Ventus, but only in early development); but her looks might match Kaïri's ( you'll notice it's a mirror of Kaïri's first haircut...somehow, mostly for the bangs ) although, IMO, her personality is quite different from Kaïri's and slightly looks like Sora's/Roxas's. ( She is shy (well, in the beginning...yes), but she is strong-minded, she's a fighter, she has her own free will (that's the point of her story, you'll tell me...yes)).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Anyway, Axel adds the possibility that she might be the Replica of someone else, something that might not be because of her looks. But there are few differences with Kaïri or Sora....What is the strangest for me is that she is left-handed...

I intended to end the thread here and ask for your opinions, if it was the developer's intentions to blur the origin of Xion with no real intention to dig any further or if it was made on purpose. But before I was going to write that down, I stumbled upon the strangest "thing" (I'm typing "thing" quite a lots of time, no? <XP ) ...
The logic might confuse you, but it's necessary.

I guess what Axel meant be "exceptional copying functionality" is that he excelled at his purpose as a replica: to be a perfect copy of the person they're suppose to mimic. Which he did. Repliku was near indistinguishable from the real Riku and it wasn't until he found out the truth that he strived to be his own person.

Here's the part where I start answering stuff I said I'd get to later. Yay! Firstly it's a common misconception that Xion is a replica of Roxas when she in fact is one of Sora. Another misconception is the reason for her appearance. It's not so much that Sora's memories of Kairi were so strong that they manipulated Xion's appearance, they were just the first to go. When Namine manipulated Sora's memories in CoM she at first inserted herself into them, making herself one of Sora's other friends, but eventually she began to replace the memories of Kairi entirely because she viewed her as the most special person. The memories of Kairi were the first and most to be uprooted by Namine which is why she's not surprised by Xion's appearance. Namine removed the memories and they had to go somewhere and she knew where they went. Since those memories were being removed while Xion was in the process of being created they manipulated her appearance.

I'm pretty sure Xion's right handed, she's just depicted as left handed in some of the promotional art for the sake of mirroring Roxas. Personality wise I found Xion to be a mixture between KH1 and KH2 Kairi. Despite the similarities I don't find Kairi's and Xion's hair styles to be identical even excluding the way it's parted. I mean, even if you were to edit Xion's hair color and reversed the part to try and make it look more like Kairi's and vice versa they're still distinguishable enough.

When I played Birth by Sleep (I remind you I never played or watched KH Days until recently), I found quite interesting to have Xehanort's theme slightly looking like Strange Whispers (Ansem Sod 's theme plays in the beginning of Xehanort's theme, it's quite noticeable).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now, Kh days features Xemnas's theme. At first, I find it really weird for him not to have something similar with Xehanort's or Ansem's theme...But...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

What happened to Xion here? How lucky, it's the PERFECT timing !

Aaaah, la musique pour la tristesse de Xion, it has Kaïri's theme and Dearly Beloved playing in it...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

All your videos are borked so...

This thread is already long, and I should finish here. Take your time to think and hear about all this stuff and please tell me what you think of it.
Thank you so much for having read so far and sorry for the mistakes I might have made (even though I read the post like 30 times...) , you quite deserve a sea-salt ice-cream for that effort!

By the way, on another note, and if you have the heart to answer this after all this reading : there is an entry from Xion which left me puzzled:

The last sentence is quite "violent" (not sure if it's the right term but you get the feeling). It's just a short sentence, subject-verb, and I don't know about you, but I have the feeling it's quite important. If she is made of memories, wouldn't she dream of Kaïri's or Sora's dreams? is it hers or someone else's? The last part of this entry is so weird to my mind...what do you think about it?

This is again a reference to Sora. The opening to Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be Sora's dream in which he almost drowns. Then when the game officially starts he's still dreaming but after his fight with Dark Side he was being smothered by the darkness and "couldn't breath".

Edit : Is it just me or the videos don't work? I can't figure out why it's doing that....

I'll see if I can fix them. XD

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Your English is great; better than some native speakers I've seen!

With Xion's name came an identity, which filled itself out more as she befriended Roxas and Axel. That's where Xion's face comes in. It's possible that Xemnas saw the face she grew on her own, and recognized that she had become a full entity at this point, rather than just the puppet Saïx saw her as.

I doubt
Saïx knew the ins and outs of the Replica Program, though the "next" he refers to must be the Riku Replica as that's the only other Replica we know about.
Smiling? what the duck?? I mean, it could have been a smirk , a grin, a sneer whatever I don't know, but a smile? The japanese part goes like this :明確な返答は得られず、笑うだけだった。 "Warau" can be written in two different ways 笑う or 嗤う. The former actually means "to smile, to laugh" while the latter means "to sneer". So they purposely showed it was a smile, which is more sincere than a sneer (YRLY). Why then? (perhaps he
was thinking of something else, although I highly doubt it).
That's interesting. I'm not entirely sure what that smile implies, to be honest with you.

He probably saw Xion's own face.

I think that when Axel said that, it was more out of his own uncertainty than any evidence to support it.
Shimomura is a musical mastermind, even if here, it is quite simple to notice a melody (when you pay attention of course!), here ut's only music links but she has a gift for telling stories through her music. If it interests some of you, I might post a thread on several music with a strange story being told by the instruments. You might think I'm crazy, but I'm sure I could puzzle more than one of you people.
I'd love to see what else you have to say about the music in KH. I wouldn't have noticed this in a million years!

I think that while Xion's existence is based in memories, she did naturally develop an existence independent of those memories (well, roughly). Remember that Xion's entire life was a turbulent mess of uncertainty, mistrust and existential crisis. For now I'll say that her dream of drowning may be just a run-of-the-mill nightmare, though I certainly wouldn't want to forget about it come any new developments in KHIII​.

Javelin434

Awards
Hoooo boy... First of all, I suppose I can say welcome to the forums. Just a warning that some people here aren't too fond of Xion, so if you're a fan of her, I'd advise to be weary of this forum. If not, then you'll fit in just fine...

The fact that you're using big and complex words properly has already nullified your warning that English isn't your native tongue. Anywho, personally I think you're just over-analyzing things (Like most people here with their mind-boggling wall of texts), but since this is Xion related and I'm a fan of her (and Kairi, especially Kairi.), I can't help but step in, regardless if I get brutally put down for it.

The trend of speculation here on this place is really... prominent.

Answered.

why haven't they (well, especially Xemnas since he seems to be the one to keep her) replaced her if something better could have been made? According to Saïx, it seems Vexen was not that important in the Replica Program, as he wrote that the next Replica should be used (is he talking about Riku replica?). But then, did SaÏx truly knew all about the project?
Same thing why armies don't upgrade their equipment to the latest and greatest. I don't think they touched on the subject of logistics or resources needed to even make a replica (if it was easy, can you say Xemnas army?)

Smiling? what the duck?? I mean, it could have been a smirk , a grin, a sneer whatever I don't know, but a smile? The japanese part goes like this :明確な返答は得られず、笑うだけだった。 "Warau" can be written in two different ways 笑う or 嗤う. The former actually means "to smile, to laugh" while the latter means "to sneer". So they purposely showed it was a smile, which is more sincere than a sneer (YRLY). Why then?
I wouldn't overthink it. And since I don't wanna deal with speculation, I'll leave it at that.

People mostly thinks that Xion looks like Kaïri (and like Naminé from Axel pov), but the fact is she developed a sense of self at the beginning : she was, and people knew she was Xion. And when she went to pay a visit to Naminé, she didn't find any resemblance with her, well, she didn't have a problem with her... Furthermore, Xion is left-handed, no one else is (except Ventus, but only in early development); but her looks might match Kaïri's ( you'll notice it's a mirror of Kaïri's first haircut...somehow, mostly for the bangs ) although, IMO, her personality is quite different from Kaïri's and slightly looks like Sora's/Roxas's. ( She is shy (well, in the beginning...yes), but she is strong-minded, she's a fighter, she has her own free will (that's the point of her story, you'll tell me...yes)).
Well, Xion is the Kairi that Sora remembers, and personally I'd say she reflects Kairi in being strong minded and a fighter. Proof? When she was captured in KH2 and escaped with Namine, when confronted with Saix, she was willing to stay there and fight with her fists. I dunno about you, but I find this enough "proof" that she's a fighter. (Though most people seem to overlook this and say "lol she got captured")

Speculation territory, and I'd rather not try and dive into the meaning of it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ruran said:
Xemnas sees Xion as at least two different people: Black-haired Kairi and Sora. More on the latter later.

Three to be exact, as Xemnas sometimes also sees Xion as Ventus:

Famitsu said:
–Xion’s appearance changes depending on the relationship of the person looking at her. It seems that when that relationship changes, she changes.

Nomura: The figure Roxas sees is the same as what the player sees, but for example, when Xigbar and Saix see her, her figure is different. At first some people thought it was unnatural she would be wearing a hood and then not in the same scene, but I think you come to understand it as you advance through the game. People connected with a certain person see Xion as ‘Xion’. In the case of Xemnas, since he is connected to various people, he basically sees ‘Xion’, however sometimes he sees ‘him’. Who ‘he’ is, I want you to confirm it on your own. Xigbar also sees ‘him’.

His perception of her changes often, which is in itself an odd and yet also interesting bit of information, as it beckons the question as to why Xemnas' view of Xion switches more than once and he sees her as three different people, herself, Sora and Ven at different times.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
My guess is that Xemnas sees Sora because he's whom Xion is supposed to be a replica of. Ventus, because of Terra's splintered memories in him (which is also probably why he referred to Aqua's armour as "friend").

As for why he sees Xion as herself, that I have no idea.

Pipapo

Website
pixiv.me
First of all, thank you for your welcome messages and thank you very much for enlightening me on the content of these reports. (And THANK YOU whoever fixed the broken videos ! <3 )
I don't get how the quoting-someone thing works, I 'll check this later as I have no much time.

Thank you for telling me my english is good, actually I'm french and the formal language english uses is generally composed of words that can be found in french so, I took the easy way...If my writing "sounds" too complex or too formal, please tell me.
(But I also study japanese because of (thanks to?) video games, I couldn't deal with the frustration of an understandable trailer...´~` )

I'm not a big fan of Xion, she is a character with a special place in the story and I just want to see what will happen to her and the others in KH III. Well, normal.

Anyway, thank to many of you, I could get the main idea of these reports. And sorry if this thread was too "speculative" or cling too much on words but since Nomura loves to hide secrets in these kind of stuff (I read somewhere there was a hidden secret inside a report in KH...II?) I too a lot of consideration with the words used (and since I also read the french version of these reports, some sentences were using a special kind of words/expression that did not match the english version, it might have confused me and I may have clung a little too much on this....but well, I still think some words should be taken in consideration.)
So Xion was a replica of Sora (as you can see before the battle with her) and she was kept because she had the great ability to be herself (?). Well, you couldn't tell she was a "puppet" (you understand it at the last scene in Where Nothing Gathers)
As for her appearance, it changes among a Naminé / Sora / Ventus / Xion version (I'm not missing anyone?)...And about Xemnas seeing "her", I thought he was talking about Aqua, because of her link with Kairi (a sorta keyblade inheritance ceremony was performed when she touched Aqua's keylade if I'm not wrong). Nevertheless, I won't go too far with Xion as it is quite a complex matter, we'll see what will happen to her, and if we'll get the whole thing about her.

However, I especially wanted to know your opinions about the second part of my post, about the music. I have the impression The_Echo took a look a it but I'd like to know if I'm imagining this or not, but it seems so obvious when you pay attention to it.
I guess the report part has been mostly fully answered so what about the music (the second part actually) ? am I crazy? is it too speculative? or.....?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I dunno... no matter how hard I listened, I think the clarinet in Disappeared and the violin in Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion play two completely different sequences. I really believe that it's particularly easy to hear similarities that are supposedly not there in Shimomura's music because, well, she loves composing pieces that link to other ones. This I know because like you, I also tend to notice similarities in her pieces from listening to a lot of them.

For a blatant example, Ventus' theme. It's obvious from the get-go that it's based on Roxas' theme. And if you listen carefully, you will hear a melancholic rendition of a portion of Sora's theme in it. Just as you pointed out, it's done to show connections between the respective "owners" of the piece, who are in this case Ventus, Roxas, and Sora.

Dearly Beloved is another ubiquitous piece. Many other pieces contain parts of Dearly Beloved in them, especially those that hold special importance. Another Side is yet another, as you can hear it as leitmotif in many Org XII-related pieces, even in Marluxia's Graceful Assassin and Lord of the Castle.

But in this case, sorry, I seem to have failed to see the connection between Xemnas' and Xion's themes. If you ask me, I think you might have overthought it. That said, to think that you're able to dive deep into a piece of music, isolate a particular part, and analyse it for comparison... you really do have a great ear for details! :)

Pipapo

Website
pixiv.me
Haaa! I see, I made (somehow) a mistake, xemnas's disappeared theme (the clarinet part) has similarities with Ansem SOD 's theme (it plays the melody as well but in a very fast pace...but well I don't ask you so much...)! But to get what I want you to hear, just listen to the part I indicated, "xehanort" theme (from BBS) and "xemnas" theme (from Days), then listen to Xion's theme. Hear how the notes goes, don't focus on the rhythm and the music scale used but only on the notes played at the moment. I'll make a sort of music sheet for this part if you want, but I' ve heard the songs again, the notes plays the same "path". (sorry my music vocabulary is not good at all :/ )

///Edit Edit/// If you prefer the easy way : Xemnas theme (from days) 00:48 ~ 1:13 then Xion's theme 1:11 ~ 1:28 <ーーIn fact, I've been thinking over it and now I believe you can hear it more easily if you listen to Xehanort theme (from BBS) from 00:09 to 00:30 and then Xion's theme (the same part I wrote above)
Don't you hear that the overall melody is the same? (I'm not talking about the tempo or the scale) Seriously, I'm hearing something quite similar. It might be odd, and I'm must look crazy to you but I don't know the words to explain all of this. What I hear is mostly the "path" the notes take, how they go from the bass to the treble, that kind of thing. I'm sorry if I'm confusing you :/

If it gets too complicate don't lose you time here. When I'll be able to explain it, I'll might let you know. But oh well

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
First I like to say welcome to the forums! My your time here be a joyful one. Because you will never leave... Teeheehee!
Smiling? what the duck?? I mean, it could have been a smirk , a grin, a sneer whatever I don't know, but a smile? The japanese part goes like this :明確な返答は得られず、笑うだけだった。 "Warau" can be written in two different ways 笑う or 嗤う. The former actually means "to smile, to laugh" while the latter means "to sneer". So they purposely showed it was a smile, which is more sincere than a sneer (YRLY). Why then? (perhaps he was thinking of something else, although I highly doubt it).
I wouldn't put to much though into this. Xemnas' smile would be one of those little, evil villain I'm so superior smiles. Like the images shown here and here. To say smile is to keep the translation smooth as sneer can sound a little odd.

one might guess that Xemnas was attempting to replicate aqua, not kairi. it would explain why shy would suddenly bust up since Xemnes didn't remember much about her, or they tried pulling out sora's memory of aqua that eventually triggered in DDD

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Three to be exact, as Xemnas sometimes also sees Xion as Ventus:

His perception of her changes often, which is in itself an odd and yet also interesting bit of information, as it beckons the question as to why Xemnas' view of Xion switches more than once and he sees her as three different people, herself, Sora and Ven at different times.

I knew I was forgetting something but I wasn't sure. XD;

First of all, thank you for your welcome messages and thank you very much for enlightening me on the content of these reports. (And THANK YOU whoever fixed the broken videos ! <3 )
I don't get how the quoting-someone thing works, I 'll check this later as I have no much time.

You're welcome~<3

If you want to quote someone, on the bottom left hand side of each post there a "Reply With Quote" button you can use. If you want to quote multiple people use the button next to the "Reply With Quote button" that has an " "+ " on it.

To post videos from Youtube, rather than use the whole URL you only need to use the end of the code after the equation (=) mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= CEGMT46zFuk

You only need that bolded part of the code

Thank you for telling me my english is good, actually I'm french and the formal language english uses is generally composed of words that can be found in french so, I took the easy way...If my writing "sounds" too complex or too formal, please tell me.
(But I also study japanese because of (thanks to?) video games, I couldn't deal with the frustration of an understandable trailer...´~` )

I'm not a big fan of Xion, she is a character with a special place in the story and I just want to see what will happen to her and the others in KH III. Well, normal.

Anyway, thank to many of you, I could get the main idea of these reports. And sorry if this thread was too "speculative" or cling too much on words but since Nomura loves to hide secrets in these kind of stuff (I read somewhere there was a hidden secret inside a report in KH...II?) I too a lot of consideration with the words used (and since I also read the french version of these reports, some sentences were using a special kind of words/expression that did not match the english version, it might have confused me and I may have clung a little too much on this....but well, I still think some words should be taken in consideration.)
So Xion was a replica of Sora (as you can see before the battle with her) and she was kept because she had the great ability to be herself (?). Well, you couldn't tell she was a "puppet" (you understand it at the last scene in Where Nothing Gathers)
As for her appearance, it changes among a Naminé / Sora / Ventus / Xion version (I'm not missing anyone?)...And about Xemnas seeing "her", I thought he was talking about Aqua, because of her link with Kairi (a sorta keyblade inheritance ceremony was performed when she touched Aqua's keylade if I'm not wrong). Nevertheless, I won't go too far with Xion as it is quite a complex matter, we'll see what will happen to her, and if we'll get the whole thing about her.

Xion was indented to be a perfect Replica, like Repliku, but something happened that kept her from being so. As such, instead of being born a Sora clone, who I reckon they would have brainwashed to have him work for the Org. willingly, Xion came out a blank slate. It's been a while since I've played Days so I'm sure someone will correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure that Xion came out the way she did indirectly by Namine's memory shenanigans. Looking at the reports it seems that Xemnas figured early on that Xion would develop her own sense of self. What this meant for him, I'm not sure, but he apparently came to some conclusion that it'd make her useful in the long run.

However, I especially wanted to know your opinions about the second part of my post, about the music. I have the impression The_Echo took a look a it but I'd like to know if I'm imagining this or not, but it seems so obvious when you pay attention to it.
I guess the report part has been mostly fully answered so what about the music (the second part actually) ? am I crazy? is it too speculative? or.....?

I have no ear for music I'd be no help thar. XD;

one might guess that Xemnas was attempting to replicate aqua, not kairi. it would explain why shy would suddenly bust up since Xemnes didn't remember much about her, or they tried pulling out sora's memory of aqua that eventually triggered in DDD

Xemnas wasn't trying to replicate Aqua nor Kairi, he was trying to replicate Sora. XD

Xemnas wasn't trying to replicate Aqua nor Kairi, he was trying to replicate Sora. XD
in my defense, xehonort has done some weird voodoo lately that no human should be able to do. such as invent xehonort time-travel, the must confusing & some of the most convoluted plans ever. at the least, xemnas saw xion as on of terra old friends. it would explain the sudden change in how he treats xion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ruran said:
I knew I was forgetting something but I wasn't sure. XD;

Must have to do with Naminé or Xion's weird consistency.

That being said, I wonder how Ven would see Xion if he could have met her while she was still the changeling-puppet. The same way Roxas and Sora see her, as herself?
(And his reaction if someone told him that to some people she looks like him would also be interesting). ;P

in my defense, xehonort has done some weird voodoo lately that no human should be able to do. such as invent xehonort time-travel, the must confusing & some of the most convoluted plans ever. at the least, xemnas saw xion as on of terra old friends. it would explain the sudden change in how he treats xion.

I don't remember there ever being a sudden change in how Xemnas treats Xion...he always saw her only as a tool to reach his goals. Kairi and Aqua where not even a blip on his radar because Xion was a replica created to replicate Sora, or more specifically, his powers over the Keyblade.
The only thing Xemnas cares about is that his artificial KH is completed:
Secret Reports said:
Day 322: The Plan
Be they a puppet or the hero's Nobody, we merely need a functional Keyblade master. The details are unimportant. The puppet has developed to a point where the hero of the Keyblade may be entirely redundant. Indeed, perhaps we ought never allow Sora to awaken. He cannot be controlled. He will rise up against us. We must move our agenda ahead with that firmly in mind.

---
Day 358: GoalsWith luck, we can bring Roxas back into our fold, but even if Sora should awaken, as the hero of the Keyblade, he is bound to keep unlocking hearts. If he should come to target us, we need simply subdue him and use his powers ourselves once more. I must become one with Kingdom Hearts. I will become a higher existence. All of my true ambitions begin there.
That he saw her sometimes as Ventus is probably, as Flanix pointed out, because of some memories of Terra that he has. It was confirmed that Xemnas has memories of Apprentice Xehanort, Terra and Master Xehanort and continues to regain more by doing something in the chamber of repose, though to what extent he got parts of each set is unknown as well as if he got anything from Eraqus.

That he sees her as Sora sometimes is confirmed in-game as well as why:
Secret Reports said:
Day 255: Final Stages
Xion's appearance should vary based on the relation of the viewer to her. Saïx sees her simply as a puppet. The Program approaches completion. Through Roxas, Xion is assembling a copy of the hero of the Keyblade. As proof, she sometimes appears to take on his form to my eyes.

That he also saw Xion sometimes as the black-haired Kairi-clone, which is the appearance that she also claims as her own, hints probably either at some connection of Xemnas to Sora, as it were Sora's memories that originally helped shaping that appearance for Xion and Xemnas sampled Sora's memories when he walked through him before the fight in KH 1 Final Mix, or it is simply the fact that Xemnas accepted that Xion has an own sense of self, however weird that may sound in light of his plans.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sephiroth0812 said:
That he also saw Xion sometimes as the black-haired Kairi-clone, which is the appearance that she also claims as her own, hints probably either at some connection of Xemnas to Sora, as it were Sora's memories that originally helped shaping that appearance for Xion and Xemnas sampled Sora's memories when he walked through him before the fight in KH 1 Final Mix, or it is simply the fact that Xemnas accepted that Xion has an own sense of self, however weird that may sound in light of his plans.

It does sound like it ultimately aligns with his plans. He may have thought that developing an identity would actually prove to be in his favor (unlike Saïx who refused to yield to this notion). The more aware Roxas and Xion became, the more they recognize their inadequacies. In fact, Saïx's attitude (towards Xion particularly) propels the Days trio to prove themselves. They yearned to be complete. Xemnas projected the desire to construct Kingdom Hearts onto his Nobodies who hope to obtain a heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back