• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Sales Figures and COM Novel Update!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeib963

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Heartstation just posted the sales figures Square Enix released and lemme tell ya, not too good...maybe if theyd just release KH3 already.....

Square Enix Sales Report : HEARTSTATION.ORG

On an interesting note, the Novels section has been updated on Heartstation with COM Reverse Rebirth Chapter 3-Riku. 358/2 Days Volume 3-Xion, is almost done!

HEARTSTATION.ORG | Novels Chapter 3 – Riku

Credit Goes to Heartstation.
The thing to remember is that it's for the past six months. April to September. Which means BBS sold .5 million copies in that time-span. Now, consider that BBS released in Japan in January and that it didn't release in NA and EU until September was half over and it makes it a bit better. BBS was apparently the best selling KH title in Japan, if I remember correctly, so, the fact that this information starts at April makes it clear why BBS is so low on the list.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Edit: When taking this into account, remember that the Japanese version of the game sold something like .75 million copies worldwide. http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/7402/kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/

Maybe the backlash from days and peoples general attitude of being fed up with not having KH3 caused a drop in sales from the usual fans. Not to mention how easy the psp is to hack, and how prevalent the hacking culture is especially in the western society.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Square is going to need to take a different approach to things. Instead of worrying about side games and stuff for their series. They need to get back to making main titles for all their series. Look announcing 3 KH games at the same time was great, but they should have announced KH3 alongside KH3D that would have renewed the fan base.

If I was the one in control of this, I would have just went about these games like this:

TGS07 = Announces KH0 (BBS) Another Side (Mickey Dark Realm Game) and Deep Dive (Basicaly a better version of 358/2 days)

KH0 tells the story of 3 Keyblade apprentices who are sent to look for the missing MX and his masked apprentice. This story is of Xehanort's past.

Another Side tells the other side of the KH1 story, Mickey's side as he travels through the dark realm he will seek the Keyblade as well as renewing his quest to find his friends from long ago (TAV)

Deep Dive tells the story of Roxas as he departs from the organization. Traveling from world to world he seeks the answers to his past, more insight about the time he spent with the organization is given from flashbacks. Meanwhile Xemnas has prepared a Replica (Xion) to track down Roxas and take his power but will Xion discover that she is more like Roxas thant she thinks?, all of this leading to the begining of KH2.
As a second story, we play as Riku who travels the worlds trying to capture Roxas all the while battling his own darkness.

Then this year I would have announced:

TGS10 = KH Coded for 3DS (Basicaly a COM version of KH2 and eliminates the need for KH3D), As well as KH3 being announced

KH Coded takes place after KH2, the real Sora and Riku enter the data worlds of KH2 and seek out the truth behind the message. In the end the story connects to KH3

KH3 well we know how that's going to go down pretty much.

But yeah if they had done this Square's sale figures would be better.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Square-Enix needs to stop developing for PSP and get on that PS3 with real games.

Fixed.

Hopefully these numbers will provide the adequate kick up the arse that SE so clearly needs so they can get on with KH3. Don't get me wrong, I loved Birth By Sleep, Re:Coded looks great, and I didn't even mind days, but the general populace isn't going to wait around forever.
If the target audience for KH1 was people of the 10-16 age bracket when KH1 was first released, then if people were to follow the series all the way through they would be at least 20 before they even get a mention of KH3, and that is far too long to wait, and fans can hardly be expected to hold interest in a series for that long. Pointless rabble that's already been said a million and one times before, but oh well I'm in a ranty mood.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Really, these numbers aren't going to affect KH3's development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back