• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spyro The Dragon | Reignited Trilogy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Here's the history as far as i know,
Insomniac was hired by universal studios (yeah, THAT universal) to make three Spyro games, no more, no less. So when it came time to make the third, they worked harder than they had with the other games, making it one of the most fantastic games on the ps1 library. But after that, they couldn't make any more games with universal, so the Spyro IP moved around to different companies, resulting in sequels, retellings and games that i generally don't like as they divert from the classic collect-a-thons. And then toys for bob comes into play.

They purchased the ip and made the Skylanders series, using Spyro's name as a way to draw in fans. The old fan's beef with them is simple, Skylander's presence siphoned away the chances of a remake, as they realized selling overpriced pieces of plastic separately was an effective business strategy. Now that skylanders is selling less and less items, they're turning to their old franchises and remaking them, to recoup some losses. It is this reason that I believe is why they're remastering crash, and medEvil, and eventually the classic purple dragon himself, which is what we want.
What are they going to do once the trilogy is re-released?

Soldier

Awards
What are they going to do once the trilogy is re-released?
At the end of the day, when they re release the trilogy in ps4 graphics, i honestly don't know. To me, i could really care less what happens after this event occurs, as i'm not going to get the crash reboot or anything after that.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
At the end of the day, when they re release the trilogy in ps4 graphics, i honestly don't know. To me, i could really care less what happens after this event occurs, as I'm not going to get the crash reboot or anything after that.
I would like to see the company pick itself back up and learn from its past mistakes. I am looking forward to kicking Moneybags' butt in Spyro 3.

Soldier

Awards
I would like to see the company pick itself back up and learn from its past mistakes. I am looking forward to kicking Moneybags' butt in Spyro 3.
That was always a great moment, the last time i replayed the original for 117%, that was the last thing i had to do before unlocking the super bonus round, it truly felt good to stick it to that under-handed ursine by running him down like grass.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
That was always a great moment, the last time i replayed the original for 117%, that was the last thing i had to do before unlocking the super bonus round, it truly felt good to stick it to that under-handed ursine by running him down like grass.
That's probably the only time that he was ever in the role of the villain. I've heard that he has children.

Soldier

Awards
That's probably the only time that he was ever in the role of the villain. I've heard that he has children.
Not true! in spyro 2 he was villain-ish, making you pay excessively throughout the game to pass, unlock a new move or activate machinery. Admittedly he wasn't in cahoots with Ripto, but he still acted as more of a hurdle in the way than an ally to spyro. Plus, like 3 he gets his comeuppance, but in a different way.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Not true! in Spyro 2 he was villain-ish, making you pay excessively throughout the game to pass, unlock a new move or activate machinery. Admittedly he wasn't in cahoots with Ripto, but he still acted as more of a hurdle in the way than an ally to Spyro. Plus, like three he gets his comeuppance, but in a different way.
I hear you, at least in Hero's Tail, you got the chance to attack him unlike in Ripto's Rage.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Setting Moneybag's ass on fire was literally one of the best things ever in Spyro 3.

Soldier

Awards
We'll see if there's gonna be any announcement this month.
I hope there is, i'd love to beat these games and actually get trophies for them. Plus, i want to see if i've still got the skills for all the minigames in Year of the dragon. I've always hated the egg thieves.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Looks like data miners found hints of a Spyro demo in the N. Sane Trilogy. I'm hoping this becomes true and gets an announcement.

Soldier

Awards
Well looks like this Treasure Trilogy will be released in late 2018, great, during another college semester.....

ImVentus

Awards
Yeah!
I was hopeful for something being revealed this month.
Now we'll just haft to wait. Hopefully not too long though.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Didn't it get confirmed that the Spyro Trilogy was a hoax?

"Here’s another one in the Spyro saga that never seems to end. Last week, Reddit user B4DASS stirred up a storm when he alleged that Spyro the Dragon: Treasure Trilogy was to be imminently announced. The day came and went without the beloved purple dragon showing his head. This week, he tried to restart the rumors, but was shut down by mods who deleted his posts."
Source

That being said, I think the 'leaks' of a March announcement were separate, but I'm not gonna consider it a fact until it's officially announced. However, I do believe we'll see the series inevitably.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
IMG_7940-720x540.jpg

Back