• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS Re:coded Likes/Dislikes and an interesting change...SPOILERS!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeib963

Ok! Finished the game. Loved it simply because its KH but I do have a few complaints. And yes, there will be spoilers. Lotsa spoilers.

-They made it a smooth transition from phone to DS and the gameplay is quite simialr ot the original KH mixed with BBS and I really enjoyed that.
-The added types of blocks were enjoyable especially the bouncy blue one.
-The secret ending may have been short but it was a necessary cutscene and im glad we finally got clarity about the Defeated Heartless+Defeated Nobody=Original person thing.
-The keyblades they added to make it truly similar to the original KH was great especially that data keyblade we got after we beat Heartless Data Sora.
-The status matrix was great.
-Turn based gameplay. AWESOME.

Dislikes (here we go:)
-The scene where we see Xion, Namine, Axel, TVA, and Roxas....WHY OH WHY were they blurred SO SO SO MUCH!?!?! Come on! If they are that important, why did I have to hold my DS at an angle to see them?!?! COME ON!
-Replacement of Debug mode with whatever the hell that thing was where it beeps continuously until you find it. And then you have to not take two minutes out of your time to solve a puzzle, but like ten minutes clearing some stupid datascape...hated it.
-The oblivion keyblade draining my health when I reached overclock level three......why?
-Castle Oblivions confusing cards that you get sometimes after clearing a room. You kno, a red card and a gold card and a blue card? What did they do?

A change....
Ok so I found this quite intriguing. Its not a super big secret thing but I saw a change in a cutscene from the transition to the DS and I shall post it below. Its quite obvious so i dont need to say anything but i wonder why they did this?

YouTube - (English Subtitles) Kingdom Hearts Coded - Cutscene #4 (WATCH FIRST)
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded [Theater Mode] - Cutscene #3 (Watch second)

Why the change? Also list your likes and dislikes!
-

Lukar

Not sure why they changed the journal writing. As far as I can tell, they did it throughout the entire game-- for example, the original message "You must return to free them from their torment" was changed to "Their hurting will be mended when you return to end it". Probably just changed to sound better to English players-- same meaning, for the most part, but more fitting.

Radon

mofo
The messages were changed so that they could rhyme in English. They rhymed in Japanese I believe.

Nice review.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I like everything about the game. Honestly, one of the best KH game that have come out in a while.

-It actually has fucking platforming, not the bootleg platforming BBS had.
-The way you used commands were very interesting.
-The Status Matrix allows you to customize your character how you want, and use commands accordingly.
-The keyholes add an interesting change to the gameplay, instead of constant XXXYY for boss battles.
-It is nothing like KH2(good thing)

I could go on and on, but yeah bottom line this game is bomb.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I haven't played the game yet, but I sure have some good impressions of it.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The messages were changed so that they could rhyme in English. They rhymed in Japanese I believe.

Nice review.

No it didn't. It was already in English...

I think it's crap. Mending hurts?? What the fuck

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I think it was because torment seemed like too strong of a word for what they were going through.

Dark Wing

Awards
i liked the game in general but HATED the part of the game that capped your level :mad: still there in fact, havent played much cuz its so annoying. and i hate the red defenders that appear out of nowhere in the data areas cuz they always appear as im leaving the level and by then i've switched and melded commands a dozen times and he probably kills me 50% of the time and i end up having to start over. not that he's hard to beat, he's just not easy, only cuz i can never seem to block its projectiles 100% and one gets around and nails me with a level 1 status effect and then i die :mad: other than that its a pretty solid game :)

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well 'hurts' sounds like friggen preschool talk to me.

'Ohhh bubby-diddums, do you need mamma to kiss the hurt better? o3o there we go sweetums, all mended'

fff

jdeib963

I wasnt talking about the notebook lmao. Like at all. haha. I thought it was fairly obvious but I guess not. They changed the cutscenes between Re:coded and Coded. They omitted the first part of the cutscene for whatever reason. I just noticed that and I wonder why. I dont care about the journal haha

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I wasnt talking about the notebook lmao. Like at all. haha. I thought it was fairly obvious but I guess not. They changed the cutscenes between Re:coded and Coded. They omitted the first part of the cutscene for whatever reason. I just noticed that and I wonder why. I dont care about the journal haha

Does Sora get a new ability after that scene in Re:coded?
The ending of that scene is different too. I just wonder what they're saying in the Re:coded one.

SoulRaidZERO

The only two things that REALLY bugged me was
Wonderland can't read jap
The camera mostly because of a non-working L button
but everything else is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back