• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Spoilers) Frequently Asked Birth by Sleep Questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takarifan101

Here’s a list of questions being asked around the spoiler section of Birth by Sleep. Here's as much information as I've gathered, feel free to add more questions and such to the thread and I’ll put them up! Hopefully this will help slowdown all these repeated threads.
PLEASE READ BEFORE STARING NEW THREADS!
AND IF YOU DON’T ALREADY KNOW THIS IS CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BIRTH BY SLEEP.

Who is Vanitas?
-Vanitas is Ventus’s darkness in human form created by Master Xehanort.
Vanitas unmasked:[url]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Spanky2lj2/Vanitas.jpg[/url]

Why does Vanitas look the way he does?
-When Master Xehanort created Vanitas he removed the darkness from Ven's heart. Without darkness Ven's heart was left incomplete, thus he eneded up in a comatose state.
Ventus's incomplete awakening: [url]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Spanky2lj2/brokendestai.jpg[/url]
In order to complete his heart he connected with Sora whose heart can connect with anyones. This help fill the gap from the missing darkness.

So why Ventus?
-Before the events of Birth by Sleep, Ventus was Master Xehanort's Apprentice. In order to complete his plans Master Xehanort needed a heart of pure light, and a heart of pure darkness. For more infromation look for "What was Master Xehanort's Plan?" question.
Where is Ventus now? And what happened to Vanitas? [Ven/Aqua Endings Ahead]
-Okay. I'm going to try and make this easy as possible. Vanitas and Ven fused together, this forced them to fight within Ven's heart (the final boss for Ven). Ven managed to beat Vanitas, thus causing him to fade away. Since he fused together with his darkness(Vanitas), he disconnected with Sora's heart. Once defeating Vanitas, Sora offered to connect his heart again with Ven, who denied and went to sleep within Sora's heart.
After the battle Aqua took Ven's comatose body to the Land of Departure where she transformed the castle into Castle Oblivion. She put Ven in the Room of Repose, and left him there. He remains there now.

What's the connection beetween Ven and Roxas?
-At the end of Birth by Sleep Ven's heart went to sleep within Sora's. During the events of Kingdom Hearts Sora unlocked his heart to free Kairi's, but also released Ven's heart. This heart went into his Nobody, Roxas, giving him the appearence of Ven, and a heart.
So how is Roxas a Special Nobody?
-Roxas is special because he is a Nobody with a heart (Ven's heart), thus he is able to weild a keyblade and feel emotions.
So how is Coded connected to Birth By Sleep?
-Coded sets the stage for the next Kingdom Hearts game. Mickey sends a letter to Sora explaining the events of Birth by Sleep and how he needs to help everyone.
Who is the Silver Haired Man at the begining of the stories?
-The Silver Haired Man is a younger Master Xehanort. Yes he lived on Destiny Islands.
Young Master Xehanort:[url]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Spanky2lj2/YoungMasterXehanort.jpg[/url]

What happened to the Land of Departure?[Aqua Ending Ahead]
-After Master Eraqus was killed the Land of Departure fell into darkness. Aqua returned here with Ven after the final battle and proceded into the castle. It turns out that Eraqus revealed to Aqua a fail safe that would prevent the land from being completely destroyed by darkness. Using Eraqus' Keyblade Aqua uses the failsafe to open a keyhole and then change the world into Castle Oblivion making it impossible for anyone but her to find the Room of Repose. There she placed Ven and proeceded to look for Terra.
What was Master Xehanort's plans?
-Master Xehanort's plan was to create the X-Blade. In order to do so though he needed a heart of pure light (Ventus), and a heart of pure darkness (Vanitas). If Ventus hadn't worked out, Vanitas planned on using Aqau for the heart of pure light.
What is the X-Blade?
-The X-Blade is an extremely powerful Keyblade, one capable of opening Kingdom Hearts and starting the Keyblade Wars over again.
Picture of the completed X-Blade:[url]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Spanky2lj2/completex-blade.jpg[/url]
Picture of incomplete X-Blade: [url]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Spanky2lj2/incompletex-blade.jpg[/url]

What was the X-Blade's Keychain?
-The keychain is two Kingdom Key's crossed over a heart.
Picture of Keychain/Vanitas Face Reveal: [url]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Spanky2lj2/X-BladeChain.jpg[/url]

What’s the difference between the secret boss and the final boss?
-The secret boss is an optional boss, while the final boss is required to fully understand the end of the story; both are available during the final episode. The Final Boss is only availble for Aqua, the Secret Boss can be played on all three scenarios.
What's the final episode?
-The final episode is a playable segment for Aqua that occurs after you complete all thee scenarios and collect all the Xehanort reports.
Who is the Secret Boss?
-The secret boss is Absent Silhouette Vanitas.
Picture of Vanitas Silhouette:[url]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Spanky2lj2/vanitassetiment.jpg[/url]

Who is the Final Boss?
-The final boss is available for Aqua's scenario is Xehanort (post possession), and then Xehanort (post possession) and Guardian.
Picture of Xehanort and Shadown: [url]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Spanky2lj2/XehanortandShadow.jpg[/url]

When does the Secret Ending take place?
-The secret ending supposedly takes place a year following the events of Kingdom Hearts II. This is supported by the fact that Ansem the Wise knows Sora, and stated he placed data within him during his slumber. (which took place between KHII and Chain of Memories)
You can watch it here subbed thanks to kh-13 and Heartstation!: [url=http://heartstation.org/bbs/]Birth by Sleep Play Log - brought to you by HEARTSTATION.ORG[/url]

Who was the cloaked man in the secret ending?
-The cloaked man is Ansem the Wise, leader of Radiant Garden during Birth by Sleep
How do we know the Secret Ending took place after the events of Kingdom Hearts II?
-Okay, if you didn't understand the first post then I'll try to explain it again.
Ansem the Wise states that he placed data within Sora while he was sleep. This means after Chain of Memories
Ansem the Wise also said it had been a year since he had last seen that boy. Which means a year after the ending events of Kingdom Hearts II.

What did King Mickey's Note say?
-It explains how Sora is the only one who can save Aqua, Ven, Terra, Namine, Roxas, Xion and Axel because his heart can connect with anyone.
When did Sora get the note?
-It is widely assumed to be around the same time Aqua meets Ansem the Wise, which is a year after the events of Kingdom Hearts II.
Why didn't Mickey tell Sora about Terra, Aqua, and Ven?
-Mickey explains what happens in his letter to Sora at the end of Kindom Hearts II.
How are Terra and Ven in the Land of Departure if the secret ending takes place 12 years in the future?
-This scene is meant to [U]symbolize[/U] the fact that Sora's heart is connected to all these people. It's not meant to be taken literally.

What is the next Kingdom Hearts game?
-Nomura stated that the next game will be another side game with major importance. It is known as the mysterious Kingdom Hearts game.

What’s the difference between Xehanort and Master Xehanort? (provided by Genocide)
- Master Xehanort is the old man from Birth by Sleep. Xehanort is the identity that Terra (fused with Master Xehanort) takes after birth by sleep. He later takes the name Ansem Seeker of Darkness for his heartless, and Xemnas for his nobody.

What are the Unversed? And what happened to them? (provided by MemoryMaster)
-They are creatures spawned from negative emotion created when Vanitas was born. They disappeared with his supposed destruction.

What is the Lingering Sentiment?
-The Lingering Sentiment is the secret boss in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix II. It is Terra's thought armor, following his body's possession by Master Xehanort. Nomura led us to believe that this fight was non-cannon (not relating to the plot) but was wrong. (Please help by proving any info on this thanks! And thanks to MAX_COLA_POWER! for brining this up!)

How did Xehanort (Post Possession) end up in Radiant Garden? (thanks to brosandi for the answer)
-When Ven defeats Vanitas the X-Blade is destroyed and causes an explosion of light that engulfed an unconscious Xehanort and transported him to Radiant Garden, thus setting up the plot for the final episode.

What happed to Terra? (His Ending)
-Terra's body was posed by Master Xehanort forcing him to become the Lingering Sentiment. He says he'll find a way to end this and then credits.
End of Master Xehanort Battle and Possession: YouTube -
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Re: Frequently Asked Birth by Sleep Questions

Don't forget that there's also supposed to be a gameplay segment as Aqua after all three scenarios are completed. I'm sick of repeating myself.

Takarifan101

Don't forget that there's also supposed to be a gameplay segment as Aqua after all three scenarios are completed. I'm sick of repeating myself.

I don't want to sound annoying but do you have some form of evidence, hate to put anyting misleading

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Really? Cool, I can't wait to see that. Thanks Nocturne.

Anyways it should also be made clear that Unversed appeared to have come from Vanitas and when he was destroyed so were all of the unversed.

Alot of people still keep asking what happened to the unversed.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

They died wit Vanitas.
He was controlling the,. Turns out, nobody got the Unversed right.

Takarifan101

They died wit Vanitas.
He was controlling the,. Turns out, nobody got the Unversed right.

He was? Didn't know that. I thought they were jsut running around because of a disturbence with light and dark. THanks for that.
Links to threads discussing these topics would help too!

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards

I don't want to sound annoying but do you have some form of evidence, hate to put anyting misleading

Then just write that you aren't 100% on it. Since we've already seen all three original scenario endings, and all three exclude Aqua being trapped in the realm of darkness, there has to be more.

She needs to obtain Eraqus's Keyblade and visit CO still.

Gram

Banned
Awards

can somebody sent me a pic of the x-blade, or link
i havent got 2 c it yet.

awesome thread by the way :heart:

Z

Zulkir

Here's a note
(yes im 100% on this, yes i saw the videos for this. No i can't find them for you, everything's scattered right now)

Why does Vanitas look like a dark haired sora?

Ven had the darkness taken from his heart by MX to form Vanitas. Darkness is an important part of Ven's heart, so it was incomplete. In order to complete his heart and awaken, Ven had to connect it with Sora's. This led to Vanitas taking on Sora's appearance.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

142994-double-keyblade-full-image.html

http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/142994-double-keyblade-full-image.html

B

brosandi

Unversed not Unverse. >[

MAX_COLA_POWER!

You should probably add the answered question of the role of the Lingering Sentiment, and that most people think that the silver haired man is Adult Riku, and the final location of Terra himself.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards

The thing is, we don't know if it's Riku. I mean, it's not even Riku's hair color. Riku's is more blue. That man's hair is completely silver like Xemnas' hair.

Takarifan101

The thing is, we don't know if it's Riku. I mean, it's not even Riku's hair color. Riku's is more blue. That man's hair is completely silver like Xemnas' hair.

thats why we used the term speculated! I hope this helps answer questions anyone might have.

?<birthbysleep>?

I bet you that is the present form of Terranort because of it's clothing...that's the way he'll look in KHIII or the next game to come

MAX_COLA_POWER!

When they say Thought Armor, does that mean that what's left in Terra's armor is his memories? No actual physical body, heart, or soul? It's like Tetsuya's tribute to Alphonse Elric, but cooler.

Takarifan101

Can anyone provide any info on how Xehanort ended up in Radiat Garden? Please and thank you

B

brosandi

Aqua destroyed the X-Blade, it caused an explosion of light that then engulfed Terranort. It transported him to Radiant Garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back