• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spiderman 3 News

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
To be ignorant I'd have to be spitting out contradictions and having my facts all over the place. My statements in my posts are based around my thoughts on Spider-Man 3, not what others think of it, so why read through a bunch of moronic posts, I already know what they'll look like.
So how can you be right? Opinions don't equal fact.

And, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't respond to my remarks, I didn't ask for your opinion kiddo. I did call it THE comic book movie, when compared to its older brothers, I made that very clear, in specific relation to Spidey films.
Inner-Demon said:
Overall, Spider-Man 3 is a great film, when taken at face value it stands above its previous, older brothers, if you will, and shines as the best Spidey film, but that's only at face value. Spider-Man 3 is by no means the best Comic Book movie of all time, but it does feel the most comic bookie, it is better than X3, DareDevil, and Elektra, but, well, that's an easy one.
There you go. You call it better than the previous movies then, in a seperate sentance you call it the movie that feels the most like a comic book while mentioning other movies. No where do you call it the "Spider-Man movie that feels the most like a comic book".
I don't care if you didn't ask for my opinion. No one cares for yours.

It would take an idiot to not be able to wrap their heads around something so simple, but wait, look where I'm at and who I'm talking to.
Then please leave.

As for being a jackass, well, I'm an arrogant one, but then, I've earned it. Being arrogant of course.
No. You haven't.

And if you want to be stupid, you could just read your own posts, you don't need me for that. You do it all on your own.
But I'm having so much fun reading yours.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I was right about how and why Spidey 3 would fail, I've earned my arrogance, because I'm right. Whatever failings you have with yourself, no need to try and argue my arrogance, I'm secure in my position as an arrogant, and rightfully so, bastard. Find someone else to whine to about how I'm egotistical and arrogant, because I already know that, your own insecurities and stupidity cause it, so no need to start crying.

I never said this place annoyed me, no need to leave. The comic bookie line, forgot that one, but I do stand by it. Superhero films have a certain feel to them, I stated it is by no means the best comic book film, but it does retain a certain feel and flair that just feels like an issue of Amazing, like I stated in that same post.

They're all comic book films, but you have to separate it from the awesome films, that don't feel like a comic but use the characters in a better way, and the corny crap isn't there. But then there's a comic bookie side, which films just don't aim for. Spidey 3 captured, what I believe, to be a very comic bookie film.

FF doesn't have that, FF isn't even a good comic book based film. 300 doesn't count, not a superhero film. I thought you were talking specifically about comic films, I realize now you didn't understand what I was saying so you chose to whine. You should have quoted that statement to begin with.

Then you could have shut up more quickly.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Do ya'll think we can quit with the jackasses and morons?

I agree with Johnny on the Fantastic Four and Batman Begins deal; at least FF doesn't try to seem so real world-like. It's almost straight off the pages. I hate Batman's guts, but Batman Begins is probably the best superhero/comic book movie I've seen.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
But therein lies the difference and my point of view on the subject matter. There are two types of movies, the comic book adaption that, although faithful, has a realism and different approach, or something that feels comic bookie and is ripped from the pages almost. But those films usually fail.

Batman Begins honors the characters and universe, but goes for a gritty realism feel, it doesn't feel like the comic, but then it couldn't, because Batman is a pretty, what's the word I'm looking for... bland, very shallow. That works.

Then look at Spider-Man 3, most of the moments and the way the film carries itself feels very much like it is straight from an issue of Amazing, most movies can't capture that feeling and allow it to work. The Hulk tried, but failed miserably. X3 tried, and failed aswell. Spidey 3 succeeds in having so many moments that feel comic bookie, and yet it works, it doesn't distract, but it really does feel like it came straight from the pages.

Fantastic Four, ugh, it should never have existed.

Adapting a comic book, a superhero one, is a very difficult job, and there's a thin line in what works and what doesn't, Spidey works because Raimi somehow managed to string it together in a comic bookie fashion. Is Raimi the best there is, no, but he does understand the Spider-Man material to faithfully capture these moments and feel like they are a comic book brought to life.

My point was that, in compariosn to the previous Spidey films, and the other films that have tried to feel comic bookie, Spider-Man 3 managed to succeed, even if it did fall flat at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back