• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spiderman 3 News

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
the whole Sandman thing did catch me off guard cause he's not supposed to be all compassionate *he's a blood thirsty killer who doesn't give a damn who he takes out to get what he wants* i mean come on where's the sandman that tries to drown Spidey in a pool of sand...

Even though Venom was a bad guy in the movie, all he wanted to do is get back at Spidey, unfortunately they showed just how hard Venom would go to get his revenge...leading back to what Americo said by taking down whoever is in his way. He just wants Spiderman/Peter Parker to suffer and to be humiliated...he's not just a blood thirsty killer...

and Spiderman is both about the man and the legend, so naturally the movie is gonna explore certain parts of that if the storyline calls for it at the time. I mean come on the plot line clearly says "The struggle within" of course he's gonna be Peter Parker dealing with stuff most of the time...only when he's Spiderman do you see the result of those struggles in the movie....

I liked it, it was awesome nuff said

Haywire

parlay?
Website
freewebs.com
i completly agree with _venom_ they were able to capture something about venom with the short time that they gave him in the movie. this is definatly the most debated film in the series. from how people in my school and community reacted its reception is definatly sharply divided. alot of people praise the second film and i myself liked it but there were only about 4 true action scenes in the film and the rest of the film cintered on peter struggling to be spiderman and dealing with his relationships to MJ and harry. this one i think really made up for the absence of action you would expect from doc ock ( dont get me wrong. the train scene fight pwned in SM2)

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
I've read the comics. I have every issue of 'Venom' where he was trying to be good. I mean in the movie, he is a villain. The movies are NOT the comics, as can be seen by the depth of Sandman, or the New Goblin.
And by that logic that means Peter Parker could become a super saiyan and spend twenty minutes powering up only to be defeated by Light, who after finding out Spiderman was Peter Paker, wrote his name in his Death Note.

It could very well be in the movies, it was just never elaborated on. You say Sandman isn't really a villain yet he slams a police officer a twenty feet into the air and face first into a car windshield... I'm pretty sure he didn't walk away from that. Just because Venom did a few evil things (though in truth you can't say he killed anyone) doesn't mean he's a cold hearted killer right away. He was evil for the twenty-ish minutes he was in it, but that's been explained as Venom will do what he can to get revenge. In his eyes, Spiderman ruined his life and took everything he loved away from him... He was prepared to do the same to Parker.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
You obviously don't know anything about the comics.

Venom is an anti-hero. He may not do the greatest of things, and he does sway from being violent to heroic from times. Venom is not evil though. Countless times Venom risked his life to save innocent civilians in battles with other villains. Venom just has a huge dislike for Spider Man and due to the symboite he is often more aggressive then he wants to be. When he kills the prison guard, Eddie feels horrible about doing it. Other villains often use Venom's hatred for hurting the innocent against him. Throwing someone in harms way so they can escape knowing that Venom will save them first.

Venom is one of the best examples of an anti-hero. Eddie himself was a good guy, he was just the polar opposite of Peter. They were both essentially the same, only Eddie grew up in a rough neighborhood with a family that didn't love him as much as Peters. Eddie is not a naturally violent person, he's just bad at making choices. Instead of fighting against things, like Peter does, Eddie will take the more aggressive and violent way to beat his problems. As stated earlier, Venom WILL kill people to save those that are innocent, unlike Spider Man who does his best not to kill anyone.

Seeing as we don't have a single decent comic book supplier in the country, I have to rely on second hand comic stores ... There I found a comic book where Spidey and Venom are in a huge fight. A child is thereby thrown away, about to drop in a river. Venom saved that child and not Spidey.

And Venom's only objective is to kill Spider-man. With whatever means possible.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
I realize that in the comics, Venom was an anti-hero, but not in the movie. As far as we can tell at least. We didn't 'see' him kill anyone, but that makes you wonder why he was jumping at the police who were firing at him. We don't know what course he would've taken after he killed Spidey. Each version of Venom, comics or cartoon, teamed up with Spidey at some point. Not in the movie. The movie is something totally separate, and we shouldn't compare them. At all.

BTW, I love your idea of Spiderman 3! XD

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
I think that Venom is the third best character in the movie. First its Harry Osborn, then Spidey and then Venom. Only because of the Eddie Brock side of the story. I think its unfortunate that the movie ended as it did, seeing it had much more potential.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
I think that Venom is the third best character in the movie. First its Harry Osborn, then Spidey and then Venom. Only because of the Eddie Brock side of the story. I think its unfortunate that the movie ended as it did, seeing it had much more potential.

I also think Harry was the best. He had a deep, heavy character. Lol, you wanted the movie to be longer?!

I wish the end fight was better. I mean, the begining fight with New Goblin was awesome. They faught among buildings there. The Peter vs Harry fight is also one of my favorites. The battle scene took up most of the mansion. But then there was the ending fight in a web and a construction site. That tiny space was not what I was hoping for. They should have used the whole city as the battle ground, while fighting Venom. New Goblin could take care of Sandman because, really, I wanted to see Spidey vs Bad-ass Spidey in NYC.

But I did enjoy the movie. Overall a great film, and I will get the DVD.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
No, I was just saying that I expected more of the end of the movie. You really thought I thought 2.5 hours was not enough? Yah ...xD
The entire movie was great but it ended rather bad. The fight between spidey and venom was to short and the dramatic side of Venom was nill to unexistent after Eddie became him.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
I realize that in the comics, Venom was an anti-hero, but not in the movie. As far as we can tell at least. We didn't 'see' him kill anyone, but that makes you wonder why he was jumping at the police who were firing at him. We don't know what course he would've taken after he killed Spidey. Each version of Venom, comics or cartoon, teamed up with Spidey at some point. Not in the movie. The movie is something totally separate, and we shouldn't compare them. At all.

BTW, I love your idea of Spiderman 3! XD
You didn't see him kill anyone either. He was just trying to make a point. The only reason he would have to attack people is to get attention. He wanted that to get Spiderman to show up. With the media covering the whole thing, it was bound for Spiderman to see it at some point. That's why when all the media showed up, he started to write that message.

There's also the reason that the police were trying to stop him. If he didn't stop the police from interfering they might have saved MJ and that would have ruined the whole thing. There is no denying that Venom is an aggressive character, but he's not evil. The only way to confirm that is from Raimi and he has. The sole reason he put Venom in the movie was because he was wrong. He thought Venom was mindless killer, but after reading comics he found out that there was more to Venom. He had his fair share of problems and in the end, he was just a guy trying to get through in life. He just made bad decisions.

As for Venom's death...

"The big surprise in the FoxNews.com report is word that one character who appears to die in Spidey 3 might return for Spidey 4. "It turns out I may not be completely dead," the unnamed actor who plays the unspecified character revealed." That's from an article off IGN. Since Franco obviously died (and was buried), the only logical person is Eddie Brock. Venom isn't dead.

I don't know. XD

Last edited:

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Friggin awesome ... I realised from the words THE END that Venom had to return in Spidey 4

Perhaps they could put in Black Cat seeing as she would interfere with MJ and peter's relationship

OR Peter and MJ can go to Temptation Island ... yah

Josh

Silver Member
I bet they'll be retarded and make Gwen Stacey the Black cat. But I don't know how that'll fit with the video game series. Is she in the sp3 game like she was in the sp2 game?

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Well the games aren't cannon. They are just there, so I wouldn't take it to heart.

There is no need for Black Cat. Just have Peter start to date Gwen. MJ and Peter aren't back together, the ending just seems to lead towards them being good friends now and possibly starting dating. They could just make it that they take it slow and Peter starts to date Gwen.

Yamijim1

You obviously don't know anything about the comics.

Venom is an anti-hero. He may not do the greatest of things, and he does sway from being violent to heroic from times. Venom is not evil though. Countless times Venom risked his life to save innocent civilians in battles with other villains. Venom just has a huge dislike for Spider Man and due to the symboite he is often more aggressive then he wants to be. When he kills the prison guard, Eddie feels horrible about doing it. Other villains often use Venom's hatred for hurting the innocent against him. Throwing someone in harms way so they can escape knowing that Venom will save them first.

Venom is one of the best examples of an anti-hero. Eddie himself was a good guy, he was just the polar opposite of Peter. They were both essentially the same, only Eddie grew up in a rough neighborhood with a family that didn't love him as much as Peters. Eddie is not a naturally violent person, he's just bad at making choices. Instead of fighting against things, like Peter does, Eddie will take the more aggressive and violent way to beat his problems. As stated earlier, Venom WILL kill people to save those that are innocent, unlike Spider Man who does his best not to kill anyone.

Thank you.:thumbsup: you took the words write out my mouth to describe my 2nd fav superhero VENOM!

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
SPIDER-MAN 3, is it better than Star Wars Episode I- The Phantom Menace, we'll find out today.

This film was hyped for the better part of three years, I have seen it four times, never spoiled it for me beyond the TV spots and trailers, and never picked up the book, but is it the best, and how does it compare to The Phantom Menace? Well, that's why I'm here.

Overall, Spider-Man 3 is a great film, when taken at face value it stands above its previous, older brothers, if you will, and shines as the best Spidey film, but that's only at face value. Spider-Man 3 is by no means the best Comic Book movie of all time, but it does feel the most comic bookie, it is better than X3, DareDevil, and Elektra, but, well, that's an easy one.

The film is filled with too many odd coincidences. Even the black suit is all one major coincidence, but I'll get to that later. Peter's head getting bigger, and his internal challenges really shine in the film, his arc with MJ progresses in a natural progression. The Spidey festival and how Parker acts with Gwen shows how much of a jerk he is becoming, and slowly he begins to neglect the people around him.

Harry's arc finally comes to a head in this film, and we see the young Osborn at his worst, or is that his best? I dunno. His short term memory loss was a great addition and it felt like I was reading an issue of Amazing when that happened, it felt completely in place in a world like Spidey's, and Harry is truly the most developed villain in the third entry, his character makes up for the many flaws of its other villains.

Harry's death and his final good-bye are truly heart-tugging, and the addition to his memory loss early on just adds to the depth of the man's journey and Peter's only real friend.

Next up, the Sandman, a villain that I never cared too much about, this film intended to add a much needed depth, and certainly succeeded, somewhat, this is where the film starts to fall apart, not enough time is given to the characters, and Sandman suffered for this, this also brings up one of the most controversial matters of the film; Flint being Ben's real killer.

That's fine and dandy with me, and since I don't care what any of your opinions are on the matter, oh well. There's no argument here. Spidey and Ben's relationship, aswell as Peter's morality never really phased me, personally I think he needs more of a spine. I remember in S2 when Harry slapped him, I screamed, in the theater, for Peter to smack him back. Ah, good times.

This is where the Phantom Menace succeeds, none of their characters are wimps and doesn't mess with the fabric of pre-existing continuity, point to Star Wars.

Flint could have been taken more seriously if he had more screen time, we're given only ONE family moment and are meant to accept that for the rest of the film, we get no real journey with the character, and it's a true shame, since he killed Ben and all, he sort of deserved some more screen time, this also makes since for Peter, his path of forgiveness in the film called for him to forgive Sandman, rather than kill him, as he did with the first guy in SM1, who was innocent, and it was clear that Peter believed that man deserved to die, and never forgive him, as implied by Mary Jane's statement early in the film.

So, I understand why Flint was retconned, even if it wasn't handled the best.

Next up, the suit and Venom, the meat and potatoes of the film. The BIGGEST coincidence of the film, and which proved me right all along; the suit falls from an asteroid in space and, luckily enough, Peter's bike is right by, and guess what? The suit manages to latch on and ride away into the night with our hero. What's that? SCREAMS COINCIDENCE.

The core to the film and is handled quite poorly. This proved me right all along, and my distaste for the alien was justified, it was all too much of a coincidence. Since even before Venom was confirmed, I said if he was an alien, it would ruin the film, I was right.

The sense of drama was ruined by the pure coincidence of its origin. It was clear Venom should have been a human experiment, a human error. As done in the previous two films, the villains are created by acts of human error, trying to play god, if you will. Even the third film plays off this act, but we're suppose to accept Venom is an alien from space and agree he fits into this movie-universe.

Who gives a damn about pleasing the jackass fanboys, Venom could have been handled much better, as could have Eddie, and which brings me to another point, the film jumps too fast from point A to point B. Something which makes me appreciate The Phantom Menace even more. And what gives Star Wars another point.

Eddie's character, as with most of the film, seems to only be there to move the plot from Point A to B. Not enough time is given to Eddie, a character which deserved much more screen time than he deserved. It's quite clear that Raimi HATES Venom, which proved me right again, that Raimi never should have been the writer to put Eddie in the film, he doesn't understand nor like the character well enough to do him justice. Venom even has barely any screen time, in which I believe he deserved a bit more.

Topher Grace was a great choice for Eddie, but his character was ruined because Raimi just didn't know how to handle so many characters, nor did he even care to give Eddie any, it's obviously Eddie was an afterthought. Another point for Star Wars, even The Phantom Menace managed more characters than SM3 had, and came out on top with it's development.

Spider-Man is a Sci-Fi film, but it's NOT Sci-Fi enough to approve Venom being an ALIEN, it felt out of place the entire film, if Venom was an experiment, and Eddie was involved, it would have fit into the movie universe, and allowed Eddie more screen time and development, like he deserved, and like I said for the past three years. Right Again for me.

Eddie does have logical reasons for everything he does, but he could have had more screen time, we're given a desperate, alternate version to Peter, who just made some bad decisions, and wanted revenge. Sense a pattern?

What SM succeeds with is one thing; it's dialogue and wild moments, from the dark Peter montage, to the final tag team battle, it feels like we're right inside a comic book, a very issue of Amazing itself. And this is where Spider-Man 3 shines.

This is also where Spider-Man 3 gets its first point against Star Wars. Better dialogue and acting always shines through. I also have to say, I LOVE Peter and the cookie bit, GREAT STUFF. Some people may have issues with some of the corny moments of dark Peter, but that's the point, even when mean and dry, Peter is still a dork, and felt completely in place.

The theater would bust out laughing at all of these moments, not at the movie, per se, but at the character and how absurd he was acting, it felt real and NOT out of place.

And this is where my review comes full circle; SPIDER-MAN 3 is THE comic book movie. From the villains allying against Spidey for revenge, to the outrageous battles and colorful characters, SPIDER-MAN 3 is the definite Comic Book film, it feels like it's pulled right from Marvel Comics, and that's why it's my favorite Spidey film, it just feels the most like it's comic book counter part, so many moments feel like they're right from the pages.

From Venom's creation, to Venom's shadow swinging across the city, both moments of which were pulled directly from the pages, to Harry losing his memory, to the final battle royal, it all worked and clicked.

Despite its flaws, Spidey 3 is my favorite Spidey film, but The Phantom Menace wins this round. There you morons go.

I love being right.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Despite its flaws, Spidey 3 is my favorite Spidey film, but The Phantom Menace wins this round. There you morons go.

I love being right.
Go home. No one in this thread said anything about comparing The Phantom Menance to Spider-Man 3. And how you can compare the two is beyond me. One is the first part of a trilogy and the other is the third/final part of the arc.

BTW, Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 1 > Spider-Man 3. And saying that Phantom Menance wins anything obviously says alot about your opinion.
And this is where my review comes full circle; SPIDER-MAN 3 is THE comic book movie. From the villains allying against Spidey for revenge, to the outrageous battles and colorful characters, SPIDER-MAN 3 is the definite Comic Book film, it feels like it's pulled right from Marvel Comics, and that's why it's my favorite Spidey film, it just feels the most like it's comic book counter part, so many moments feel like they're right from the pages.
Oh I dunno, 300 and Sin City do a better job of coming from the pages than Spider-Man 3. Come on. Show me where the f*ck New Goblin came from.

Batman Begins is the best super-hero movie. So many things were done so greatly in that movie. It even handled multiple characters better than Spider-Man 3.

And as for most "most comic book-y superhero movie", I'd give that one to Fantastic Four. It doesn't try to ground itself in reality like Spider-Man does.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
You're an idiot, J. The Phantom Menace comments have NOTHING to do with what anyone said, it was to make a sarcastic point, but if you don't get it I'm not going to spell it out for you. Moron.

Did I say superhero film? No, I said the most to feel like one of Amazing's own issues. When did I EVER compare Spidey 3 with any other comic? It was all to compare Spidey against... Spidey. How someone can jump the gun and make himself look like an ignorant ass is beyond me, but somehow you always manage to shine.

My comparisons were based entirely on Spider-Man, and I haven't even read another post in this thread beside what came after mine. So, next time you want to act like a jackass, have your facts straight.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
You're an idiot, J. The Phantom Menace comments have NOTHING to do with what anyone said, it was to make a sarcastic point, but if you don't get it I'm not going to spell it out for you. Moron.
And yet for no reason, you called everyone morons. Hmm.

Did I say superhero film? No, I said the most to feel like one of Amazing's own issues. When did I EVER compare Spidey 3 with any other comic? It was all to compare Spidey against... Spidey.
You called it "THE comic movie". You said nothing about it being 'the Spider-Man movie that feels like a comic book'. You wrote it, not me. Why don't you go re-read it.

How someone can jump the gun and make himself look like an ignorant ass is beyond me, but somehow you always manage to shine.
lol kk. Look who's talking.

My comparisons were based entirely on Spider-Man, and I haven't even read another post in this thread beside what came after mine.
Now who's the ignorant one?

So, next time you want to act like a jackass, have your facts straight.
If I wanted to be a jackass I'd just copy and paste one of your posts.

No one cares about you and your elitest attitude. You've been banned for this behaviour three times already. Either take it somewhere else or tone it down.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
If I wanted to be a jackass I'd just copy and paste one of your posts
lol-1.gif

Think SM3 should be burned and never played again.. IMO. Anyway.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
To be ignorant I'd have to be spitting out contradictions and having my facts all over the place. My statements in my posts are based around my thoughts on Spider-Man 3, not what others think of it, so why read through a bunch of moronic posts, I already know what they'll look like.

"Doh, Venom is the suzzors, me wnt mre VENOMzzzz."

And, if you really didn't care, you wouldn't respond to my remarks, I didn't ask for your opinion kiddo. I did call it THE comic book movie, when compared to its older brothers, I made that very clear, in specific relation to Spidey films.

I repeated countless statements, I don't know how many times I would have to spell it out, but if I'm really suppose to go, with every mention of it being THE comic film, that I need to add (Only Spidey), well, that's stupid, since I already made previous statements to the same case, in the SAME post.

It would take an idiot to not be able to wrap their heads around something so simple, but wait, look where I'm at and who I'm talking to. As for being a jackass, well, I'm an arrogant one, but then, I've earned it. Being arrogant of course.

And if you want to be stupid, you could just read your own posts, you don't need me for that. You do it all on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back