• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's new Keyblade Story or Gameplay feature?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raybrand

Hi,

So all content I've seen of Sora for KH3 has him wielding that new keyblade (don't know what its called), the KH3 Sora figure I've seen for sale also has him with that keyblade so I'm wondering is Sora obtaining a new keyblade part of the story or is it strictly gameplay.

This question also got me thinking, are all the keyblades sora has collected throughout the story campaign part of the actual story or from the story point of view Sora has always equipped the kingdom key and the other keyblades like Lady Luck and Three Wishes only exist from a gameplay perspective.

Hirokey123

Awards
For that latter bit Keychain are canon we don't get cutscenes that show them often but I believe the for certain canon used ones are...

Sora:
Three Wishes
Olympia
OathKeeper
Oblivion

Roxas:
Kingdom Key (I mention this one because while he did have the actual kingdom key, he also summoned Ven's keyblade with KK keychain on it)
Oathkeeper
Oblivion

Terra:
Ends of the Earth

Aqua:
Stormfall

Xehanort:
No Name (in DDD he possess his young self and summons forth his keyblade with the No Name keychain on it)

But really there is little reason to not believe they are all canon the cutscenes just are programmed to show whatever you have equipped so there is rarely a chance to show them in canon.

Raybrand

So at some point in the cannon story Sora had obtained say Olympia and used it in a battle, but if that is the case then next game/spinoff hes back to using kingdom key

Muke

whatever
Awards
I feel like one shouldn't be reading too much into all of this...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I feel like one shouldn't be reading too much into all of this...

I disagree. I believe that there’s clearly a plot reason as to why that Keyblade was revealed. Maybe it’s the signature Keyblade for Keyblade Transformations. The Play Arts Kai figure could have easily had the Kingdom Key instead of the Keyblade used in the promotional trailers.

Luxu

Awards
He is most likely still sticking with the Kingdom Key, its most likely a Keychain. Or an awakened form of the Kingdom Key, but still other signature Keyblades of Sora as Oblivion, Oathkeeper, and Two Become One...Just saying.

But ill just call the new "Keychain" Star Buster or something.

Raybrand

I think the keyblades do have some relevance but overall I do feel I should not read too much into it as I have done all this time, but with the new trailers, footage and figurines they all include Sora wielding that new keyblade and so I wonder is it more then just gameplay is it relevant to the story?
And if thats the case then whatabout all the other keyblades?

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I am starting to wonder if this new Star Sora keyblade might be sort of an awakened form of Kingdom Key or Oathkeeper, like Ends of the Earth to Earthshaker. It's a shot in the dark, but we have not seen the KK advertised in a while and we also have yet to see KK transform.
And honestly I dont think KK will get a transformation. Not that it wouldn't be in the game. Just that it'll stay simple.

TheDemonCT

The other keyblades are just for gameplay. The reason they have shown Sora using Starwave and Divine Bolt was
to show off keyblade transformations. The kingdom key might have a special transformation that's unlocked later in the game. The kingdom key is Sora's only keyblade until another keyblade is passed down to him. so the rest are not canon, just for gameplay.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
In the end, it's really all the same blade. Just the chain is different, so...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back