• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora the seeker of light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidXIIIaxel

I was going to say that, but I noticed the user was banned, so thought there was no point in saying it. Yes, after that press release, I have seen many people saying that Sora is older and nothing else. Sora could have just matured mentally.
thats very true. i feel as it would be him maturing mentally than physically.

Bobjam

Awards
I was going to say that, but I noticed the user was banned, so thought there was no point in saying it. Yes, after that press release, I have seen many people saying that Sora is older and nothing else. Sora could have just matured mentally.

I would hope that a more mature Sora means that in both senses (physically and mentally). Though to be honest, I don't think the official render of Sora they released really tells us much about him other than what he looks like with the shader. Gotta wait until that new outfit trailer reveal I guess!

MegaCore5

Awards
A seeker's life would be something Sora's into, but think about it, can you see Sora ever being studious or doing research? Ever?

Sora is an explorer, that was why he wanted to leave the islands. I don't think he'll ever be a Master because he's not much of a homebody and Masters, from what we've seen, are only to leave their wards when dangers impose threats on the realm.
I understand, but the studying part is only one aspect of being a seeker. Traveling around the world and exploring and finding information from others is something sora has done ever since the beginning so quite honestly he's already had quite a lot of training as the secret of light.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I've always thought "Darkness" to be synonymous with "Unknown" in the series. To become a Seeker of Darkness would be to plunge yourself into the unknown, in the hopes of understanding it. As a recurring subject, many characters have sought understanding; Riku wanted to understand what lied beyond DI. AtW wanted to understand the darkness so that he could prevent the impending catastrophe. XH wanted to understand god damn everything about KH. These are characters driven by fascination, particularly of the unknown.

With that said, I have a hard time imagining how the term "Seeker of Light" would work. Can one truly be fascinated about what is already known? I'd imagine it'd only be possible if that fascination was focused on a newly discovered, and therefore unknown, aspect about what is already known. Like, discovering a new part of DI.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
After getting way more than he bargained for, Sora has been sort of wanting to go back home ever since KH1, he just hasn't been able to settle down for one reason or another. Either he's out looking for people like Kairi, Riku, and now those in torment, the universe is in danger and there aren't many people to handle it because universal wide crises are more or less relegated to Keyblade wielders, he gets trapped somewhere, or the universe is just being a dick.

What ever the reason, Sora has been continually traveling and wielding the Keyblade because he feels he needs to, but when he thought the danger was over by the end of KH2 he was ready to settle back down in everyday DI life with Riku and Kairi citing that things haven't changed. Even in BbS's secret ending he has to explain to Kairi why he has to leave again sine they all thought they were going to stay home for good. Or at the very least, if they were to go out traveling again it wouldn't be in that way.

Given the choice and Sora didn't feel like he had to do it, I think Sora would settle down, at least to an extent. He's an adventurous and just rolls with things, but at the same time, he's been thrown into a life that demands way more of him than he was ready to give and is constantly asked to leave his home, family, and friends behind at a moments notice and his job even puts all of that in danger. He's constantly risking his life and well being for people he doesn't know and taking on a responsibility he never asked for but someone has to do it.

Once Xehanort is defeated and if there's no immediate danger, I think he's just going to want to go home and conk out forever. Well, at least until the next Armageddon is about to happen anyway.

Anthony12KH

I would hope that a more mature Sora means that in both senses (physically and mentally). Though to be honest, I don't think the official render of Sora they released really tells us much about him other than what he looks like with the shader. Gotta wait until that new outfit trailer reveal I guess!

For him to mature physically, how much time would need to pass from the end of KH3D to 3? I can see him maturing mentally due to what happened to him in KH3D though. You're right about the render, its just a placeholder until Nomura shows us his awesomeness. lol

Gram

Banned
Awards
After getting way more than he bargained for, Sora has been sort of wanting to go back home ever since KH1, he just hasn't been able to settle down for one reason or another. Either he's out looking for people like Kairi, Riku, and now those in torment, the universe is in danger and there aren't many people to handle it because universal wide crises are more or less relegated to Keyblade wielders, he gets trapped somewhere, or the universe is just being a dick.

What ever the reason, Sora has been continually traveling and wielding the Keyblade because he feels he needs to, but when he thought the danger was over by the end of KH2 he was ready to settle back down in everyday DI life with Riku and Kairi citing that things haven't changed. Even in BbS's secret ending he has to explain to Kairi why he has to leave again sine they all thought they were going to stay home for good. Or at the very least, if they were to go out traveling again it wouldn't be in that way.

Given the choice and Sora didn't feel like he had to do it, I think Sora would settle down, at least to an extent. He's an adventurous and just rolls with things, but at the same time, he's been thrown into a life that demands way more of him than he was ready to give and is constantly asked to leave his home, family, and friends behind at a moments notice and his job even puts all of that in danger. He's constantly risking his life and well being for people he doesn't know and taking on a responsibility he never asked for but someone has to do it.

Once Xehanort is defeated and if there's no immediate danger, I think he's just going to want to go home and conk out forever. Well, at least until the next Armageddon is about to happen anyway.

Reading this gave me the image of the next saga just being random adventures Sora's pulled into or such, kinda episodic. (though that kinda simplicity may not be a bad change of pace for a while)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Reading this gave me the image of the next saga just being random adventures Sora's pulled into or such, kinda episodic. (though that kinda simplicity may not be a bad change of pace for a while)
I wouldn't mind that. I've always felt the next saga should be a back to basics kinda thing. Having a more episodic adventure would definitely be a nice change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back