• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora pulls a Korra (spoilers?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hawkins

We all know how the story goes. A long time ago, there was just One World bathed in the light of Kingdom Hearts. Then the Keyblade War happened and yadda yadda yadda darkness claimed the land, and the lights in the hearts of children reconstructed the One World into thousands of tiny worlds, in the state that we know them today. (I may have skipped a detail, but you know the story I'm referring to).

Master Xehanort wants to summon the true Kingdom Hearts and use its power for... whatever (I don't care, it's not prudent to the point I'm making). I say at the end of Kingdom Hearts III, he gets ever so close to achieving this goal, but is thwarted by Sora & company. Sora has the X-blade, and has the ability to control the fate of the universe (similar-ish to Xenoblade). Realizing that most of the problems for the series stemmed from people wondering what was beyond their tiny world (meaning Xehanort, and to an extent Riku), he comes up with a solution. For the love of his friends (and possibly a hatred for tedious gummi ship missions), he reconstructs the worlds back to its original state of One World.

I think this falls in line with wrapping up the Xehanort saga quite well, as well as being an excellent cliffhanger for the next saga. It would also allow for interesting stories. I hope "Aladdin and the King Thieves" is in KH3, but there's not much point in returning to Agrabah after that. However, and adventure with Aladdin in Wonderland could be interesting (and you thought Donald Duck and Jack Sparrow sharing the same screen was awkward lol).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It's something I've thought about, but the problem is that it elimenates the aspect of world traveling all together. It's been a staple of the series since forever and I don't think they're going to change it any time soon. Maybe in like, the very last game, but I can't see it for KH3. Plus. NNNNOOOOOO cliffhaners. Please. Even with KH3 being the last game in the Xehanort saga it should still feel like a complete story. Hints for the next saga can be presented in a secret ending, but the real ending needs to wrap things up.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's something I've thought about, but the problem is that it elimenates the aspect of world traveling all together. It's been a staple of the series since forever and I don't think they're going to change it any time soon. Maybe in like, the very last game, but I can't see it for KH3.
It actually wouldn't be that bad, in the sense that the series moves from one premise to a related but ultimately different one. Having the world reunite as one (in some form or another) would serve as a conclusion to this saga, all the while beginning the next saga with the conflicts that follow right behind. As in, the risks that come with "inter-world mingling," probably even the same problems that resulted in the first collapse of the universe. This particular plot direction would try something different to prevent that, of course.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have also thought about this. It would certainly take the series into new ground and do something it's never done before. The next KH game could become an open world game, which I think Nomura would love to make.

If KH3 were to be the end of the series (even though Nomura has said it won't) and Sora reunited the worlds, it'd be a solid enough ending to close the series off but with just enough material to lead into a new saga.

The problem this presents to me is having ALLLLLLL of these worlds on one...world. It sounds like a clusterfuck of confusion.

I much prefer the individual worlds because it helps to keep everything ordered, and added a sense of wonder to the worlds being split. Also won't have to deal with the whole "How can there be a location stuck in the 11th century but another in the 30th"

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's something I've thought about, but the problem is that it elimenates the aspect of world traveling all together. It's been a staple of the series since forever and I don't think they're going to change it any time soon. Maybe in like, the very last game, but I can't see it for KH3. Plus. NNNNOOOOOO cliffhaners. Please. Even with KH3 being the last game in the Xehanort saga it should still feel like a complete story. Hints for the next saga can be presented in a secret ending, but the real ending needs to wrap things up.
Agreed but I can also see Master Spockanorts point of it leading into something new, though I'd prefer it as it is.

I have also thought about this. It would certainly take the series into new ground and do something it's never done before. The next KH game could become an open world game, which I think Nomura would love to make.

If KH3 were to be the end of the series (even though Nomura has said it won't) and Sora reunited the worlds, it'd be a solid enough ending to close the series off but with just enough material to lead into a new saga.

The problem this presents to me is having ALLLLLLL of these worlds on one...world. It sounds like a clusterfuck of confusion.

I much prefer the individual worlds because it helps to keep everything ordered, and added a sense of wonder to the worlds being split. Also won't have to deal with the whole "How can there be a location stuck in the 11th century but another in the 30th"

That's what is a bit off putting about a one world to me, the clusterfuck of cultures, eras, histories, etc.
The people have been living thousands upon thousands of years as separate worlds for sora to suddenly throw them all together again would likely cause as much panic as what Xehanort wants to do.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd rather the worlds remain seperate. having all of the worlds together with different cultures and time periods could be really confusing, LOL

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Pretty sure KH3 isn't going to have a cliffhanger ending. It's meant to, from what I understand, wrap up everything in the plot thus far. Perhaps not, but I think it's supposed to. There could be a small hint near the end as for what's to come, but I can't see something like this happening in KH3.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
They more or less confirmed that this would happen eventually in KH 1 with grandmas story
- "One day, a door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return, then all the worlds will be restored and reconnected"
That last part might be a bit incorrect but she said something like that.
I didn't realize it until I plaid BBS but ever sense the first time I did and heard the story with visuals I figured that we'd see the True KH in KH III and the worlds would be restored.
PS. This is also the reason why the worlds are restored in KH 1 after you beat Ansem and his manufactured KH is released and destroyd basically.

I think it would be a really cool idea if they made a world-wide Empire or Republic to protect the world and these people end up trying to bring in the New World Order just like whatever-his-name in Legend of Korra season 2.

It wouldn't really be a direct cliff-hanger either, just a open ending just like Korra S2 ending (although a S4 and 5 is coming, like the Dragons in GoT, it's coming eventually)

Gram

Banned
Awards
They more or less confirmed that this would happen eventually in KH 1 with grandmas story
- "One day, a door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return, then all the worlds will be restored and reconnected"
That last part might be a bit incorrect but she said something like that.
I didn't realize it until I plaid BBS but ever sense the first time I did and heard the story with visuals I figured that we'd see the True KH in KH III and the worlds would be restored.
PS. This is also the reason why the worlds are restored in KH 1 after you beat Ansem and his manufactured KH is released and destroyd basically.

That was just a fairytale it doesn't "more or less" confirm anything, at least not in regards to kh3 when it's not the last game in the series, only the Xehanort saga.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
^ You're right about the last part but writers don't just throw things like that in there for the heck of it.
It's about build up and pay off, there's a lot more to that story then "just a fairy tail", I'm sure of it.

That doesn't at all mean that it will happen in KH III though but I hope so and Nomura did say that we could expect to see the True KH in the game and he said in the last interview that KH IV would be "something new and different, never-before-seen in the series".
It does seem quite likely.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ You're right about the last part but writers don't just throw things like that in there for the heck of it.
It's about build up and pay off, there's a lot more to that story then "just a fairy tail", I'm sure of it.

That doesn't at all mean that it will happen in KH III though but I hope so and Nomura did say that we could expect to see the True KH in the game and he said in the last interview that KH IV would be "something new and different, never-before-seen in the series".
It does seem quite likely.
While this is true that doesn't mean the pay off will be in kh3. So far the only thing that can be told about the fairy tail is that is has similarities to the keyblade war which has become an important historical fact in kh.

I wont deny it can't happen but him saying "never before seen" can mean a wide variety of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back